• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

WatchLiveForexTrades Colin Atkins

To the original poster Ozbris, I'm not a member of his club so can't comment on his results or if people are really making money or not, but everything you find on the net concerning this gentleman falls squarely into the "hype it to the moon" style that I'm sure you are all aware of.

It's the one page website, any monkey can do this, your a no-hoper if you don't buy this, I'm doing you a favour, comfort of your own home, financial freedom forever, limited time offer, type hype. You know what I mean.

This is them.......

"If you are the kind of person who really wants to know the secrets of making a living from the Forex. If you are the kind of person who really wants to discover how to regularly make over £1,000 per Day and if you are the kind of person with a little bit of ‘get up and go’ I urge you as strongly as I possibly can to spend a paltry £47 TODAY, save yourself a chunk of money and get yourself onto my ‘Go Getters’ database. Then... and only then will I invite you to become part of my Exclusive Private Members Club.
…YOU’VE ONLY GOT 72 HOURS SO GET A MOVE ON

Yes I’m piling on the pressure now. Order within 72 hours and you’ll get The Double Trigger System™ for the pocket money price of only £47. Once 72 hours has passed you’ll have to pay the full £247.00 and you will NOT go onto my ‘Go Getters’ privileged database and I guarantee you will never be invited into my Private Members Club.

FREE BONUS - Order within 72 Hours and I’ll also give you my essential e-book"

That in itself is not enough to conclude scammer, but what you can conclude by this sort of marketing is that they think your a dickhead. It is aimed directly at the weak and greedy naive punter with none or limited experience, who are hauled in with the classic keyword bait: EASY CHEAP & GET RICH QUICK.

It's a shame, because for all I know it may be a legit operation that is helping people out, but presenting themselves in this "Dodgy Barry Scammer" way is a real turn off.

Their hardcore marketing doesn't stop there though, if you sign up (I have a throwaway e-mail address that I use for such purposes) you'll get a couple of e-mails from 'mates' of Colins, (Warren Aldridge & Peter Willoughby) telling you how wonderful he is and that they too have something to sell........'sigh'

Wow, I was looking for Colin's twitter again and found this thread it sure has EXPANDED!!

All I can say is some of these responses are so bogus it's insane.
Colin is not a scam, and I think these people just can't afford the fee and hence feel their personal obligation to bash a product?

Whatever, I'm out of here.
Happy Trading!!!
Mike

Mike that's not very helpful to people who may be looking to sign up and part with their money. You said you joined back in February, that's 3 months trading now, why not give us a review of how it's going?

Colin is not a scam, and I think these people just can't afford the fee and hence feel their personal obligation to bash a product?

That is however a pretty weird theory.

I think I made it quite clear that I was not in a position to make a scam judgement, and haven't done so. I was criticising their marketing, but they are not alone in that respect, it seems de rigueur in forex to use that technique.

Sigh.... Yes I really was a member... I’m writing this so others can make an informed decision on whether to sign up.

Would be members should be aware that you're locked into a 3 month minimum contract (it's in the terms and conditions). Is it worth the investment and time? For me no, but for others it might be. It’s not a scam, you will learn a very simple method that can make some pips. That's fine if you are an absolute beginner and need some structure to get a feel for the markets. Looking at their advertising I’d say beginners are who they're aiming at. I remember one member asking how to close a position on his trading platform. I think their advertising is very tacky and they'd do better with a humble and honest approach.

The strategy they use works... as does anything some of the time. It’s a simple momentum play of which you can find countless examples free on the net... search for MA crossover strategy. Can’t recall who did the research... Russell Sands maybe... tested the strategy over many years and found it to be a loser long term.

I’ve traded for about 4 years and have tried many systems. The MA crossover has merit but it really needs to be confirmed with another signal to be a viable play. It’s a confluence of events that give a high probability trade... and support and resistance should be one of them. Imagine this trade scenario... price moves up and hits resistance. Pro traders who really understand price action, supply, and demand take their positions. Price begins to fall... and by the time the MA's cross down these pro traders are only too happy to sell to you who has arrived late with your MA entry. You go short... price stalls and then retraces for a loss. When a trade setup is obvious on the chart then you are part of the herd and can only hope momentum will carry it through. Trends happen maybe 30% of the time. That’s the problem with MA crossovers, they will get you into trades late and killed in a ranging market.

So if you are going to trade this way, you need to ride those trending days to cover all the stop outs on ranging days. A 10 pip profit target using this strategy is a losing one. I’m not saying Colin only ever goes for 10 pips... but he does seem to sit on the trigger and exit as soon as it retraces a bit in profit. I have studied with more experienced traders who know what they are doing and they aren’t sitting on the trigger like a scalper would.

So overall for beginners it’s a good intro, but for serious traders you’ll quickly move along.

Last edited:
An excellent and honest post chubbardo, thanks for the insight it was well worth your effort.

I agree with your ma crossover opinion, and I'll second your recommendation of Mr Newton, he trades similar to me, pattern recognition in different market conditions and breakouts.

You can make money folks by just keeping it simple, I do it all the time.

While Colin may not be the best way to LEARN forex completely, he is a great way to pick up 30+ pips a day. That's for sure.

Every time I log in the room we are all very happy so it seems like you have something "against" the service and the fact you're promoting another service shows there may be a small conflict of interest.

But in the end, I am very happy as a member of Colin's Club and anticipate being a member for as long as I am making a very nice income doing it!!

MTD

My interest in discussing products and services that charge money is to try and create a BS free zone and attempt to inject a bit of honesty in a notoriously dishonest business.

I personally have no affiliations to anybody, I will however try to point people in the direction of forex businesses that are worth the money and will genuinely advance their learning curve.

I also try to help novice traders, as do other senior members here, by means of free educational blogs which I hope will open the eyes of some of the readers. There is no conflict of interest as you have insinuated.

Good luck with your trading.

Like someone before me, I've joined the site to enable me to post on this thread.

I've been trading forex for around 18 months. I started out as a complete novice with another live room reviewed somewhere else on this site, with varying degrees of success. I found my trading methods didn't suit this room so decided to look for some other help to try and be consistent. I have to agree with a previous post about the marketing etc, it's all very tacky and transparent, but I decided to give it a try anyway, and put the cost down to a business expense that I could live with. What I did like, was that in corresponding with Colin, there were no real claims of 1000's of pips etc. Colin explained that his daily target was around 30 pips, and to be honest, if this was achieved consistently, I would have been happy.

You buy in for three months, and this is all I lasted; I cancelled at the first opportunity. Many, many of the trades Colin takes have a target of 10 pips, and with a SL of 30 pips. To me this just didn't add up. What I was disappointed in, was the fact that during the live sessions, there was no education about where he was getting his figures, just a "buy" or "sell" level. He did give out some figures towards the end of the session, that invariably were hit at some point during the day, but for a part time trader such as myself, I didnt really get the chance to take many of these.

At the time, as I'd had a few months experience, what was THE most frustrating thing about the live room is the fact that the members were able to use a mic, and although there was no chatter as such, the comments such as "Colin, how do I take a trade?" would drive me insane. To be fair to Colin, I think he felt the same, and I assume this is something set up by the people behind him.

I did speak to Colin, and I think he's a pretty profitable trader, however, I'd struggle to recommend this site to anyone other than a complete beginner. There are members making money, but I couldn't be as consistent as I'd hoped using the site.

Tony, we never spoke as I dealt mainly with Sue. If you'd really like to talk about Colin's live room, send me a PM and we can chat.

Last edited:
LOL @ the "how do I put a trade on". That's deff true about the room..but who cares.
Colin is profitable man, I am able to dependably pick up 20-30 pips a day attending only 1-2 sessions a day.

It doesn't matter if you're a "beginner" or pro.. the results do speak for themself.

Cheers

Colin’s Private Members Training Club

Hello all,
I am not new to this board. I have lurked here for several years. This is my first post. I hope some of you take the time to read my post.

First of all though since I am here I want to say thank you to all of the people on this board that have shared their info with me. I am grateful to say the least.

Oh yes Colin’s Private Members Training Club or Watch Live Forex Trades whatever they call themselves. Does anyone know of this club? Has anyone had experience with this club? Does anyone know Colin Atkins personally? Does anyone belong to this club?

Well they work from UK. For North America people the hours aren't great. They have a marketing fellow in US. His name is Tony. Colin sets up a webinar for training his systems and then trading. You can follow along through the training and learn or just trade. He uses Citrix webinartogo/meetingtogo. Sounds great doesn't it?

For anyone considering joining this group make sure you investigate this group thoroughly. Log into Forex Peace Army or T2W and check out the info there. Buyer beware. Please if you are considering joining this group read the info below before you make your decision.

Regards,
Secure

If it smells like crap………
I have demo traded for a few years now. I am not a beginner yet still lack experience so I guess a novice would be the term I would use now. I am still struggling with the forex. Two good trades and one bad. Consistency is a problem. I have downloaded and used many free systems over the years. I have even purchased several systems and EA’s over the last few years while trying to learn about forex. Most of these people have been very helpful. If I send them an email they are more than eager to help me get started or what ever. I have contacted mentors and subscribed to various sites such as FXFisherman, Trade to win, Forex Peace Army, babypips, FX Factory and duyduy blog. I figured it was all to do with a basic education and whether right or wrong it has worked ok for me. It has been slow but ok. It has cost me some money now and then but by the most part it has been an ok experience. I have asked for a few refunds and in general even that has worked ok. I asked for a refund one time and the guy asked back if I could help me make a better product. I still look at and investigate some systems now and then. Every once in awhile a vendor, mentor, EA or website comes along that just isn’t well nice for lack of a better word. (****ty is what I’d like to say)

Know what my mom used to say if it smells like crap and it looks like crap and tastes like crap…..good you didn’t step in it. Sorry I stepped in this one. Be very careful people. Buyer beware.

This Colin’s Private Members Training Club do not treat all of their customers with respect. I think that this is a total scam. It smells. This Colin’s club is the biggest scam I have ever seen. They say that they have many happy subscribers though. Let me explain…. I came across their website. I asked for some info. This Tony dude (from the USA) sent me several emails explaining the club etc etc. I asked several questions and he always answered. I joined the club and went through the processes to get some email info on the club. Let me say that I have not seen one webinar to date. I am out over 600 dollars and haven’t seen or heard a trade or a training session. Very slick it was. Let me tell you about it……..

After Tony’s emails I went to the website to read it over. I went to some reviews on google and read them over. I wish to God I had read FPA or T2W though. I paid out the first 560.00 dollars and joined up. I immediately got emails from the admin person Sue. These emails explained the chart setups etc etc. Then I got emails from Sue on how to log into the webinars. I tried to log into one of the webinars and could not. I contacted Colin’s people and they were of no help. So I contacted Citrix (webinartogo) and had them test my system, computer and DSL connections etc etc. My system was good. So I went to log into another webinar this time a training webinar. Could not get in again. I sent off emails to Sue and Warren all of Colin’s support people oh they answered all right later on or the next day. I even sent emails to Tony. I sent an email to Colin himself. He didn’t even have the gonads to answer himself he directed me an answer through Warren. OK so after several more attempts I gave up it was just too much work. So I sent off an email to Sue to cancel my subscription and get a refund based on the fact that I never did get logged in to see a training or a trading webinar. No refund. No kidding. So that’s not all. Wait until you hear this --- I got billed for the next month. Believe that. Another 163.00 bucks! I sent off another email. This Sue person said that you have to give 30 days notice to cancel. Now that is really hard the first month. Impossible I’d say unless you sign up and log into a webinar to take the training then log into the trading webinar and set up a trade and then decide it is no good and then cancel all within a couple of hours it is simply impossible to stop the next months billing. Considering you join on the first of the month and can’t get in for a week or so. Then if you decide it’s no good and cancel you are not within the 30 days and they get another month’s pay. It is impossible to cancel the first month. Period. Isn’t that an excellent way to get another 163 bucks? Of course they say that you signed the agreement. But they don’t easily explain that they are going to bill you anyway even if you want out the first month. Explain your way out of that one Tony. Give us some lame brain excuse. I say very well done Colin. I applaud you.

May 12 2010
UPDATE I got an email from Sue this morning telling me that they have rejected my claim for a refund. Please people be very careful when dealing with this group. Here is a scrape of the actual email. Notice that Sue says, “As you well know”. Ha what a joke. This is the first I have heard of the rejected claim. Buyer beware. Too bad I stepped in this.

Hello,

You have received a reply to your original request for a refund and as you
well know your refund request has been rejected.
I repeat for the record that under the terms and conditions you are required
to give a minimum of 30 days notice of cancellation., and any subscriptions
due within that period are payable.

You gave notice on 3.5.10., so the payment due on 11.5.10 was payable. and
non refundable.

Your membership will expire on 11.6.10.

Regards

Sue Ashcombe-Hurt
Co-ordinator
TradeSharePlus

Back