AdvancedMarketsFX.com Review

Macquarie Americas Corp Inc.

Updated: Jul 25, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

AdvancedMarketsFX is a forex broker. Advanced Markets FX offers the MT4 and MT5 forex trading top platform. AdvancedMarketsFX.com offers over 65 forex currency pairs, cfds, commodities, stocks, indices, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

AdvancedMarketsFX.com
Formerly known as amifx.com. NFA ID: 0368125

Related websites include AdvancedMarkets.co.uk

Minimum to Open Live: $50,000
Established: 2003
Address: 94 Solaris Avenue, Camana Bay, P.O. Box 1348, GrandCayman, KY1-1108, Cayman Islands
Contact: tradesupport@advancedmarketsfx.com, +1 704-544-9446
Regulators: ASIC #444649, FCA #777739
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, DMAhub, Fortex 5, Fortex 6
CFD: (60+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire

Join live discussion of AdvancedMarketsFX.com on our forum

Rebecca,
New York,
Aug 9, 2011,

I have been using Advanced Markets Fx for a few years now. They have the best spreads, much better than FXCM or FXSOl. They do not trade against you, as a matter of fact, they do not trade at all, they just supply the platform and the quotes, once you enter your trade it go through the banks.

Jeff Wright,
Texas,
Aug 22, 2010,

If you are a scalper, this is definitely a platform for you to try and consider. I've been trading for 6 months and this platform simplifies and enables me to be PROFITABLE. All I can tell you is to give then a try.

Hubert,
Korea,
Oct 28, 2009,

This is one of my favorite broker and so far so good, expecially the order execution is very very fast. And the company's financial is not bad, it's top10 in retail brokers.

JohnL,
Aug 21, 2009,

I have not used Advanced Markets, but I found a report on them which deserves mention. View this link: http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/Case.aspx?entityid=0368125&case=07BCC00025&contrib=NFA

to read that they were fined $150,000 on Feb 13, 2008 for cheating and defrauding FOREX customers.

Simon,
New York, USA,
Jul 27, 2009,

Independent Information on this broker:

Advanced Markets LLC is a registered with CFTC and Member NFA. This company has never provided managed Forex Accounts and never will.

Advanced Markets operates a DMA (Direct Market access) dealing model for FX - This can also be referred to as an STP (Straight Through Process) Model.

ALL trades and orders are sent directly to banks for execution. There is no deal desk, so clients positions are not traded against them by the broker. There is no ECN, so there is no matching or masking on executions by deal desk or unknown liquidity sources. There is no trading risk kept in Advanced Markets. Every trade/order is filled by a bank liquidity (price) provider.

Advanced Markets services mainly larger FX trading accounts however can open accounts for individual traders

Advanced Markets trading environment is for traders who value to the ability to enter and exit positions when they need to with unbiased instantaneous execution, in any market condition

For more information and to ask any direct question you require to complete your due diligence in finding the right broker for you visit www.amifx.com or www.advancedmarketsfx.com

Tom - NY,
NY,USA,
Jan 19, 2009,

After reading through all the reviews it is clear that many of you are not reviewing AMI FX (Advanced Markets Inc) but more likely ACM or someone else. I know at least 2 posts are wrong because AMI does not have a managed account as this could lead to a conflict of interest, also there are no requotes (since it is an STP model) only trade rejections, which I was told is less than 0.5%.
I run a black box system and I am linked to AMI because their price feed is accurate (I have a reuters feed to check) and the speed of execution is unlike I have seen with retail brokers. My returns are much better as a result of switching from FXCM pro. I don't know how anyone can trade with a dealing desk FCM after you have read a few threads here.
Check out AMI again and you will see the previous posts are not referring to Advanced Markets Inc.
Happy trading and good luck!

David Champagne,
NV,
Jan 24, 2008,

I suspected some things were not right with them when my stop loss would just barely be hit again and again. but then when I started watching the market while I was in a trade I noticed they would blind me to what was happening by not feeding data.

I was in a trade when it turned against me then they left me in limbo and when it did come back online it moved that much more against me.

DON'T DEAL WITH THEM!!!

Steve,
Nov 7, 2007,

Managed account is a scam. Lied about how they managed the accoount. They traded the account down 68% in three days!!!!
Do not use them!!!
I had to force them to halt trading.

Fast-Trader,
Oct 31, 2007,

Absolute c***. Requotes all the time. Pushed to dealing desk. I trade 3 other platforms, get instant fills, and very minimal requotes. If there are requote its for 1-3 pips.. AMI requotes 10 sometimes more depending on the market movement. On 2 seperate trades AMI slipped my stop by 9 pips and then 19 during news while the other 2 platforms had no slippage and were executed on the mark... Where did this money go???...hmmm, I wonder.... My platform mysteriously locks up all the time, cant log back in, and need to shut down and restart. Try contacting the support desk to resolve a problem.... Email is the repsonce. GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET A FAIR SHAKE....

Jason,
Oct 15, 2007,

I've been trading live accounts for about 1.5 yrs. I've been using Advanced Markets for about 6 mo. I have to admit that they are a good, reliable company. while small, I feel that they are very personable and care. Trading GBP/USD and EUR/USD and CAD during volatile times has been surprisingly fast with virtually no requotes. NZD or AUD is a bit tough, though, but that is to be expected from such thin mkts. They claim to totally pass through orders to open market. I believe they really do. Once I felt I had a bad exit on NFP when the market slowed, and they refunded me over a $1000.

Little Birdie,
Northeast,
Jul 9, 2007,

The NFA has issued serious complaints against two small, undercapitalized firms.

The first is Advanced Markets (Amifx). The NFA says in its complaint, “On June 28, 2007, NFA issued a Complaint charging AMI with cheating, defrauding or deceiving another person or attempting to do so and failure to observe high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade. The Complaint also charged AMI with failure to maintain required adjusted net capital; failure to take required charges; failure to collect and maintain required security deposits; failure to file accurate weekly reports; and failure to maintain accurate records.”

What is even more frightening is that Amifx has only $1,020,000 in capital. Could this be ANOTHER UGMFX?

howard,
u.s.a.,
Jun 3, 2007,

i had a very good experience trading with them, the only reason i left was there platform does not all auto-trading, if this was different i would have no problem at all re-opening a account with them. look at there web site, they explicitly state they do not engage in any price manipulation, this is the only forex broker that i know of that does that.

Jimmy,
Jan 17, 2007,

I use this broker forabout 4-5 months now and can say I have never had a problem worth complaining about. Obviously, as with any broker, news trading can be tricky. Customer service is responsive. I recommend them.

Anonymous,
Jan 16, 2007,

try a demo, there u will be safe. Any real money is their's, and you'll see yours dwindle to 0. requotes, lock-ups, won't let u get out when a trade turns on you. even had to shut whole computer down, wouldn't close .then reboot ,which takes a minute or so. then thier's opens slow ,all while the trade went against you. don't take but 1 week to lose your acount. They are good at that. ripping us off.

Dan,
Jul 22, 2006,

I have been with amifx for a few months and have always received excellent executions. I also trade heavily on news. During the past couple of weeks, I had a couple of issues on execution times and my entry stops and trailing stops. When I spoke to customer service they explained to me they had some "issues" in their software and to use caution on using those functions until the problem was corrected. At first, I was skeptical but, they kept in total contact with me, followed with me by phone, and even called me when the software issue was corrected. I doubt you will find that kind of service from some of the others out there. (Trust me I know) Except for their "system problem" I cant complain and their customer service is excellent!!!

Jay,
Jul 21, 2006,

I have now experienced the 2nd worst broker in this market. (we all know who #1 is FXCM) After making a profit I was put on manual execution the very next day. When I asked them why, the answer....are you ready...... "The bank has to protect their investment." I had to give them at least 1 star for that honest comment...LOL

magoo,
usa,
Jul 19, 2006,

I have been with this broker for aprox 1 month and I have NEVER gotten filled at the price I clicked. I trade news mainly. They claim no dealing desk - then who is giving the requotes 20 pips off market? I traded the CPI this am clicked on 95 and the trade stayed in the order bin for about 90 secs then I got a requote of 65. By that they have a dealing desk and they certainly are not stp. They have misrepresented themselves, wasted my time and I am leaving. This is a scam broker - stay away!