• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Beware blockchain-frankfurt.de - old scams never die!

I am having an issue with a company

56paw

Recruit
Old Scams never die. I lost USD$178K about 6 years ago to a binary options scam run by optionbit.com (see earlier postings in FPA). The slimeballs who ran this are still using my historic losses to try and scam more money out of me - by claiming they blockchain.com has found my money and its sitting their in a bank account waiting to return it to me.

I was approached about a week back from "Blockchain.com"'s Finance group in Frankfurt. Their emails come from a domain name of blockchain-frankfurt.de, which does resolve to blockchain.com but I'm guessing that this is nothing more than an a HTTP redirect.

Their story goes that the company running optionbit has been dissolved and they have recovered my funds and they available to return to me. But they can't do this simply by putting into my bank account or putting into my Coinspot wallet, because its "untraceable" money that no one will accept without "proof of funds" and in Australia we have an agency AUSTRAC that will block suspicious trades as part of anti-money laundering. To provide "proof of funds", I need to establish an "international wallet" outside Australia, by creating a new Atomic Wallet (which they supervise with anydesk - which is "far too complex to document"), into which they transfer the funds but I need to transfer $17,000 into the Atomic wallet to provide that "proof of funds" (them asking for money from me is an immediate 'red flag'). When I indicate that I don't have $17,000, the amount suddenly gets lowered to $2,789. They also see my 12 character pass phrase when I create the Atomic Wallet on anydesk. So I'm guessing that no sooner than I had put any money in the wallet that it would have disappeared never to be seen again by me (they will take every cent - they were happy to settle for stealing just $2789 from me this time around).

I did try to check this out with exchange-support@blockchain.com and they told me it wasn't their domain name and it was a scam, but the scammers had a good story that the Blockchain Exchange support desk was just a subcontractor and didn't know about all the parts of the organisation blockchain.com. I was starting to think it may be real again when what appeared to be USD$89K (exactly half of what I lost) appeared in my Atomic Wallet (as 48.96 Ethereum). Still just to be safe, I (luckily) mailed Atomic to ask them why I couldn't transfer the funds input Coinspot or back into my bank account. Well it turns out that their transaction was worthless:
Click on the link and you will see the value is $0.00 for 48.96ETH! I can't understand how Ethereum (and other crypto currencies?) allow these fake transactions, this makes no sense to me. It seems like it's just there for the benefit of scammers.

Atomic also explain the scam in more detail in https://support.atomicwallet.io/article/342-wallet-setup-scam (especially in steps 3 and 4 - I got cold called based on my previous experience with optionbit.com, rather than the anonymous email).

So the scammers have the complete record of my losses for 6 years ago and have crafted a story around it and legitimate business, blockchain.com, to put together a half believable story about my money has been recovered. I guess the Israeli's running optionbit are running this too. I guess they are going to be finding new ways to make me live my scamming for many more years to come.

Watchout if you start getting calls claiming to be from blockchain.com and claiming to have recovered your losses, from names like "Philip Williams", Sarah Roberts", Pierre Lainen" and "Joe Biggs".

Old Scams never die. I lost USD$178K about 6 years ago to a binary options scam run by optionbit.com (see earlier postings in FPA). The slimeballs who ran this are still using my historic losses to try and scam more money out of me - by claiming they blockchain.com has found my money and its sitting their in a bank account waiting to return it to me.

I was approached about a week back from "Blockchain.com"'s Finance group in Frankfurt. Their emails come from a domain name of blockchain-frankfurt.de, which does resolve to blockchain.com but I'm guessing that this is nothing more than an a HTTP redirect.

Their story goes that the company running optionbit has been dissolved and they have recovered my funds and they available to return to me. But they can't do this simply by putting into my bank account or putting into my Coinspot wallet, because its "untraceable" money that no one will accept without "proof of funds" and in Australia we have an agency AUSTRAC that will block suspicious trades as part of anti-money laundering. To provide "proof of funds", I need to establish an "international wallet" outside Australia, by creating a new Atomic Wallet (which they supervise with anydesk - which is "far too complex to document"), into which they transfer the funds but I need to transfer $17,000 into the Atomic wallet to provide that "proof of funds" (them asking for money from me is an immediate 'red flag'). When I indicate that I don't have $17,000, the amount suddenly gets lowered to $2,789. They also see my 12 character pass phrase when I create the Atomic Wallet on anydesk. So I'm guessing that no sooner than I had put any money in the wallet that it would have disappeared never to be seen again by me (they will take every cent - they were happy to settle for stealing just $2789 from me this time around).

I did try to check this out with exchange-support@blockchain.com and they told me it wasn't their domain name and it was a scam, but the scammers had a good story that the Blockchain Exchange support desk was just a subcontractor and didn't know about all the parts of the organisation blockchain.com. I was starting to think it may be real again when what appeared to be USD$89K (exactly half of what I lost) appeared in my Atomic Wallet (as 48.96 Ethereum). Still just to be safe, I (luckily) mailed Atomic to ask them why I couldn't transfer the funds input Coinspot or back into my bank account. Well it turns out that their transaction was worthless:
Click on the link and you will see the value is $0.00 for 48.96ETH! I can't understand how Ethereum (and other crypto currencies?) allow these fake transactions, this makes no sense to me. It seems like it's just there for the benefit of scammers.

Atomic also explain the scam in more detail in https://support.atomicwallet.io/article/342-wallet-setup-scam (especially in steps 3 and 4 - I got cold called based on my previous experience with optionbit.com, rather than the anonymous email).

So the scammers have the complete record of my losses for 6 years ago and have crafted a story around it and legitimate business, blockchain.com, to put together a half believable story about my money has been recovered. I guess the Israeli's running optionbit are running this too. I guess they are going to be finding new ways to make me live my scamming for many more years to come.

Watchout if you start getting calls claiming to be from blockchain.com and claiming to have recovered your losses, from names like "Philip Williams", Sarah Roberts", Pierre Lainen" and "Joe Biggs".

I'm getting these same calls - even an email today. I don't think they even necessarily know where you were scammed or not.

These guys keep insisting that I have a huge amount of BTC for me that were the result of losses I had from a broker that did not have a proper license etc.

I have been getting multiple calls every week for several months now.

I'm getting these same calls - even an email today. I don't think they even necessarily know where you were scammed or not.

These guys keep insisting that I have a huge amount of BTC for me that were the result of losses I had from a broker that did not have a proper license etc.

I have been getting multiple calls every week for several months now.
Just been scammed as above cold call Atomic wallet is fake based on BTC I lost 4 years ago so genuine sent me letter saying what I had lost they had traced and the person who stole it had made a lot of money and they were returning this as well
my atomic wallet was fake was showing 300 k but when I put a small amount in I was getting two values I could move my crypto but not theirs they wanted 10% of this 30k to prove who I was still calling daily claiming to be from Lausanne in Switzerland and Frankfurt have locked all my wallets now but yes took me for a fool John Walters and Mr Norman saying they are now going to get one of their legal team to contact me and explain the situation I said until I see a transaction back to me nothing doing
Does anyone recommend a company or organisation who can help get it back !!!

Just been scammed as above cold call Atomic wallet is fake based on BTC I lost 4 years ago so genuine sent me letter saying what I had lost they had traced and the person who stole it had made a lot of money and they were returning this as well
my atomic wallet was fake was showing 300 k but when I put a small amount in I was getting two values I could move my crypto but not theirs they wanted 10% of this 30k to prove who I was still calling daily claiming to be from Lausanne in Switzerland and Frankfurt have locked all my wallets now but yes took me for a fool John Walters and Mr Norman saying they are now going to get one of their legal team to contact me and explain the situation I said until I see a transaction back to me nothing doing
Does anyone recommend a company or organisation who can help get it back !!!
If you are having a severe problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Financial Company Comparisons and Discussions
and give details (make sure to choose "prefix" as a problem).

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, it will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes getting advice specific to resolving your issue easier.

Back