Day traders vs Night traders

It depends on the certain trading session. I prefer european one,but can participate in asian as well sometimes

I am generally willing to participate in any trading session during which I am awake and alert and during which I see a good signal to trade. Usually that's the European and the American session , I tend to be too sleepy during the Asian one.

Every trader chooses the time according to his facility . It is not necessary that day or night traders are specific for gaining profits. The time you had for trading along with analysis and risk taking decisions will determine what you gain or what you loose.

What is day trading and night trading is a very subjective thing because of the different time zones, obviously. Strategies maybe differ based on the session one trades - NY, London, Tokyo, etc., not so much based on whether it's day or night.

I don't think there is something like night tradering. All we have a category of traders who tend to make short term trades mostly closing in same day. These traders are called day traders and mostly newbies in forex do this style of trading.

I don't think there is something like night tradering. All we have a category of traders who tend to make short term trades mostly closing in same day. These traders are called day traders and mostly newbies in forex do this style of trading.
I think that the author meant just the part of a day when people trade, that's all

The original post was simply about the time of the day when people trade. As I've said, that is something very subjective for different traders due to difference in time zones.

I generally don't have any clear timings for trading, I do when I feel like and set the limits. However, night is the one when you get too much time to analyze things in a calm.

I generally don't have any clear timings for trading, I do when I feel like and set the limits. However, night is the one when you get too much time to analyze things in a calm.
If you are on the other side of the globe "night" may be more chaotic for trading :)

Rather than focusing on 'day' or 'night' . I like to use the ATR indicator on the 1h chart. If that is too low then I do not trade, if it is showing good pricemovement then I look for trades

Rather than focusing on 'day' or 'night' . I like to use the ATR indicator on the 1h chart. If that is too low then I do not trade, if it is showing good pricemovement then I look for trades

Does it make any difference during which time of the day you're using it, in terms of open trading sessions, rather than the night and day cycle?

Back