Day traders vs Night traders

I think the most great marketing stance in forex are telling everyone it can be traded for 24 hours. Although it is true, in fact, only average of 6 hours peak trading. Other than that of the remaining 18 hours, a 30 pips move are already consider big move. When you do simple maths calculation, you will find that 18 hours of trading are unprofitable unless you can predict what is going to happen in the future 1 hour.

Some of us prefer trading during calmer periods. One only needs to predict the next hour if one plans to close the trade in an hour. For planning multi-day (or multi-week) trades, I prefer to not have price bouncing around while I'm messing with my charts.

Of course, if I really want to know where price will be in an hour, I can always get out my Forex Magic 8 Ball. :p

Some of us prefer trading during calmer periods. One only needs to predict the next hour if one plans to close the trade in an hour. For planning multi-day (or multi-week) trades, I prefer to not have price bouncing around while I'm messing with my charts.

Of course, if I really want to know where price will be in an hour, I can always get out my Forex Magic 8 Ball. :p

Nice one. I am not a greedy person. Hence, I don't need an hour future prediction. I just hope 10 minutes ahead of me and I can easily be a billionaire.

What makes this to be "nonsense"... Please enlighten us little bit more! I guess everyone here is looking for some answers and we need to share our knowledge with everyone as sharing is caring, i believe.

High volatility while I was keeping long-term positions was what eventually convinced me not to do that. Now I usually close my positions within 24 to 48 hours after opening them.

No had any idea between the difference of two type of traders day and night traders. I think every one trades his best available time. If one likes nigh trading he can make profit that time. I like day trading most of the time. Only few times I experience night trading.

You're right. As long as one is successful in their trading the time of the day doesn't really matter. Even the strategies will likely be the same, not to mention that due to trading in different time zones what is night for one person could be day for the next.

Different strategies work for differeent people but some are better in different type of conditions. Night traders usually trade when the trading volume is low, this usally means that the price ranges. Therefore ranging trading strategies are best. Day trades trade when volumes are higher and volatiity is greater. Trendind and reversal strategies are better in that envornoment

It depends on the certain trading session. I prefer european one,but can participate in asian as well sometimes

Back