Difference between forex trading and stock trading?Are they part of the same thing?

Janissaire

Recruit
So.I wanted to buy some AMD stock,since they are doing well(value doubled during the last 7 month-they have a very good roe-) and they are releasing a very promising GPU architecture soon for low end user,"gamer" and the server/datacenter marketet&super-computer/deep learning market,i am also interested in their competitor Nvidia,their stock skyrocketed some month ago,and just recently dipped to 93-94 before going to 106.

My main problem though is that i am new to stock trading and all my research on a good broker end up with broker who do "forex" trading.(ended up here by checking if IFCmarket was an scam).IS stock trading part of forex trading?peoples say they are differents thing but my search engine say otherwise..It also seem you have to pay to keep your "stock"(Margin of maintenance)and i am curious if there is a way to escape this since i simply want to buy AMD stock while they are very low.I do not want to wait until the stock start brutally moving upward.There also a "trading commissions" and i do not understand how is it applied,is it applied by stock sold(200 stock x $7 commissions = $1400 ) or just each time i choose to do an "action"like selling 200 stock.

Some forex brokers offer stocks, but you have to wonder if the prices offered are really tied directly to the stock exchange or not.

If you want to buy and hold stocks, you should find an online stock broker that's registered to offer services inside your country. Contact your country's financial regulator to see if they can provide a list.

What about FCA brokers? Are they allowed to offer services in any country, since they are considered one of the most advanced and stringent regulators.

Depends on the regulation of the other country. For example, the US doesn't recognize any non-US regulator.

Forex trading and stock both are different in terms of timings, investment and nature of trading. I find forex easy than stocks, You are right we should try different brokers for different trading types and remain focused on one thing as if we are forex trader do it with passion if like stocks then turn your efforts seriously toward it.

Almost all the brokers on-line that offers Stocks they do it with CFD (Contract For Difference) which means that when you buy you are not physically buying stocks or shares but you are making a "bet" on the price which should, normally, reflects the real value (price) of the stock or share quoted on the stock exchange in that moment, plus the spread. Infact in the CFD you dont participate in dividends but on the other side you dont get any risk in case of Bankruptcy of the company. You just gain or loose on the prices variation on the time.
The only way to buy really shares is through a Bank or by intermediaries or agents that operate in one of the Stock Exchange around the world. There are really few intermediaries, most of the time are Banks, that operate online accepting orders.

Dixon, I dont think you can apply the "carry trade" on CFD as its normally used in Forex as with it you can get advange of the differencies in interest rate between currencies.

Forex trading and stock is not the same business . They are different as their time of trading is not same and nature of trading is also different. However risk is involved in both business. The person who knows stock can easily do forex because he understands risk reward of financial work.

Forex market works 24 hours and is much facilitation for people who want to adopt it as part time business. In stock we are bound to trade from morning to evening . Forex can be started with low investment , Stocks need much amount and good experience to start.

Back