Hi, from the UK

Reggieroo

Private
Hi everybody,

I'm Paul from the UK & hope to get started as a retail trader. The dream all stared for me a couple of years back when I thought about trading in forex. I spoke to somebody I knew that traded in stocks & shares & they put me off right away telling me its way to hard to do without any knowledge etc. So I thought no more about it untill about 6 months ago, when an email from "learntotrade" landed in my inbox inviting me to a forex seminar. I went along expecting the promised tips & tricks but soon realised that they just wanted my cash to to go on one of thier training courses which I couldnt afford & I wasn't sure if they could be trusted or not as a genuine training company. What I did take from it though was inspiration & the thoughts of I can do this if I put my mind to it. I have still thought about going on a training course but unsure who is good & who is trustworthy.

I have no background in finance what so ever & wasn't even good at maths when at school & my education is poor. My whole life I have bascily been a wheeler dealer selling cars & anyting to make money starting from my late teens, even trying 9-5s here & there with not much success. 9-5 jobs just don't suit me at all. I need to do something that can help me grow as a person, I always need to be looking forward with an end goal in mind. I feel forex trading will suit me & my mindset & something I can get my teeth into. I have watched Jarrat Davis training vids & that has also inspired me.

A friend of mine already had an account setup with CMC markets that he messed about with over the years with some pocket change, he used to trade on the FTSE but he never has the time while running his business. He then asked me to trade his account to learn & make us both some cash. I soon found out about losing, I made around £100-£150 per day for a few days & grew the £1000 account upwards only to lose most of it back to a £170 account. At that point I told him, no way can I keep on doing this with no knowledge & skill so I quit for a while before I blew the account. I tried to learn technicals but soon ended up back in a 9-5 job & couldnt find the time. At this point I set up an account with a broker & started on zulutrade as I needed an automated system while I worked. This went great for a while, I added funds & grew my account to £1700 but then the traders I was following started to lose, losing me a £1000.

So here I am again, still not giving up & wanting to learn to trade propely myself. I still have my friends account at CMC & he is eager for me to start again. I have a week off at present so Im trying to do as much as I can in that time but finding it tough on my own. I have nobody to teach or help me but google.

Welcome to FPA Paul,
I can suggest you few things here, Ever never try any broker with large funds. Always go with small funds to check them.

And make sure that you trade enough on demo and ready to go live.

Always Keep your eyes on Market and subscribe for good analysis thread on forums.

Best of luck.

Welcome to FPA Paul,
I can suggest you few things here, Ever never try any broker with large funds. Always go with small funds to check them.

And make sure that you trade enough on demo and ready to go live.

Always Keep your eyes on Market and subscribe for good analysis thread on forums.

Best of luck.

Hi there, thanks for the welcome & advise. My broker is FXCM UK.

Hi. First off, since you're new to trading, keep your cash first. I'd recommend that you start slow. Sign up for a demo account first with any of your preferred broker. Then step it up a notch after maybe a month to something like copying a trader.That should get your feet wet but don't invest in bulk.
vbsmile.png

Back