How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Great! Finally I found some poll here and voted. Well actually all these options surprised me. I wonder if there are people who really have been learning to trade more than half of the year? I think it is way toooo long. During this time all your interesting and passion may just disappear. I would offer to do once more option and call it «yours» (option of course).

Indeed eventually will depending with each trader to choose their option, trade in demo at least six month is good as early prerparation I think because during pracrtie will faced many kinds market condition and they can learn strategy with free of risk with making trial and error

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask how long it took you to go live?

for me it was about 2 years.
for some its never, they should never switch to live trading, for their good at least.. Generally it depends on the person and their mindset I guess, like some ppl are good in humanitarian subjects and others at technical ones. Concretely for your poll, I think 2 years worth of practice will be just enough more or less for everyone

for some its never, they should never switch to live trading, for their good at least.. Generally it depends on the person and their mindset I guess, like some ppl are good in humanitarian subjects and others at technical ones. Concretely for your poll, I think 2 years worth of practice will be just enough more or less for everyone

How much time a trader will take and how he has to make more profits in his trades will only become clear to him when he knows the best trading systems which he needs to make use of :)

I moved from demo to live in 6 months so voted the same :D I'm aware that it's not too long, as some here say that you need at least 2 years. in my case I have my mentor by my side and still not trading too much of my money.

I am from that group of people that are not very patient. I tried trading on demo account for 2 months and then left and started trading live money. It was interesing for to get smth but I started with a very small sum of money. I understood that I can lose it, but it wouldn't be a great loss for me. But it was much more interesting to trade because it was real money

I am from that group of people that are not very patient. I tried trading on demo account for 2 months and then left and started trading live money. It was interesing for to get smth but I started with a very small sum of money. I understood that I can lose it, but it wouldn't be a great loss for me. But it was much more interesting to trade because it was real money
Yes, real account even with small deposit changes your attitude to trading. It's impossible to compare our behaviour using demo and real accounts.

Yes, real account even with small deposit changes your attitude to trading. It's impossible to compare our behaviour using demo and real accounts.
yes, you are right, the attitude is quite different. With live account you are responsible for money, so you become much more attentive

Back