• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

LionFund - Anyone heard of them?

I recommend opening a thread in Scam Alerts and sending a link to it to Knight Capital.

Pharoah, thanks but Knight Capital is just a scheme, it isnt a company - the person behind it would not give 2 hoots about what I or anyone says on here.

Pharoah, thanks but Knight Capital is just a scheme, it isnt a company - the person behind it would not give 2 hoots about what I or anyone says on here.
I agree they are maybe one or part of the same as Lionfxfund. Knight Capital ask you to transfer money to your account through a third party in Malta to hide their trail.
I gave Knight Capital three days notice for my account to stop copying / following the fund. They ignored my wishes only to then remove my second account so I could not see what was happening, and then told me by email I had lost all my money.
Lionfxfund are still sending out emails advertising their profits and show no losses at all. Yet on two separate occasions I lost 100% money. The second time there was no explanation or access to my account.

They'd give more that 2 hoots if 3 people opened threads in Scam Alerts and filed Traders Court cases. That would put them on the fast track to being labelled as a Scam.

Hi all,

Anyone heard of LionFund?
lionfxfund.com/about.php

From their trade record, the results look amazing. Their trade record shows 5000% (yes, 5 thousand percent) in just about 2 years of trading.
myfxbook.com/members/FF2016/lf2016/1509451/KXsIyBdH2NkeTO80kTeF

The things that look dodgy to me is:
- They found me, not me finding them. They sent me an email (spam).
- I've never heard of them. I'm looking in FPA, I can't find anything.
- I emailed them, and they replied back. The reply actually looked decent. But they asked me, if interested, to fund an account. When clicking on the link, it's no longer going to Knight Capital.

I would love for them to be legit, but I'm just getting a really dodgy vibe from this. hmmmm....
Stay away, I got suckered in and they just sent me their performance report for April!

dude you dont get it.

It would take less effort to get a thread going in Scam Alerts than to say why one would not be effective. Even if Knight Capital chose to ignore it, that thread would be an additional warning to traders who may be considering signing up with Lion Fund.

They advertise anywhere on Internet, on Investing website too, promising 20% monthly. It's a scam, they provided a fake feed just to show good performance on website like Myfxbook or Fxstat, obviously this is possible for the complicity of broker.

Attachments

• LionFund.JPG
    LionFund.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 1
STAY AWAY. Signed up, deposited money, they started trading. After one day I twigged that it was not legit (and also found this forum). Told broker and Lion Fund to stop trading. Instead of stopping trading they opened two huge trades and carried on performing their standard five trades a day. Broker was at first useless, then uncommunicative and has taken 2 days to close all trades and now my account shows a total withdrawal, which I did request, though I'm not very confident that I will ever see any money back based on what others have said. If the numbers mean anything my account went up 23% in those two days (it could just have easily gone down 23%), but interestingly they said my withdrawal was for the amount I asked for when my account was just under flat. So where did the difference go? I'll update if there is a miracle.

As an update to my last post, and to give others encouragement, it is possible to cut yourself off from lion fund and get the broker to return your money. I've now got my initial deposit back, but it was very hard work, taking A LOT of emails.

Back