• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem very bad experience with Pepperstone

I am having an issue with a company

Bejopi

Recruit
Hi everyone,
I've had a very bad experience with Pepperstone.com over a period of many months. 14/03/2022 - 28/11/2022.
So much so, that I'm now in the process of setting up a "Class/Collective Action claim" against them.
I did post a one star review on Trustpilot 30/11/2022, but as soon as I updated it with, Notice Of Class/Collective Action, my Trustpilot account was locked. Good old Trustpilot, as trustful as a bag of adders. They also deleted part of my review without my prior knowledge or permission.
If anyone wants to see my full review please look below, or hundreds of screen shots as evidence, please let me know.
I went through Pepperstone’s complaints procedure. Complete waste of time, as they failed to comment on any of the “trades of concern”, that they wanted me to provide. They only said that I could complain to the Ombudsman. "Their" initial investigation, just asked for three out of hundreds of examples, and decided that “Pepperstone need not take any action” Whether or not Pepperstone is guilty or not of actual “Market Abuse” They, are still knowingly, and, willingly, supplying retail traders, to a highly manipulated Forex. So at the very least, they are in “Breach Of Duty Of Care” to their clients.
Pepperstone's PDS (Product Disclosure Statement) " 6. Key risks of trading" "6.3 The products that we offer are high risk and can be complex to understand."
Which, implies that with gained or learned knowledge, the trader might make a profit. Whereas nothing, could be further from the truth. Because, when you experience continual stop-hunts and trend reversals as soon as you place a trade, there is no way to make any profit. The trader is effectively setup to lose.

Please see below, Trustpilot "unedited" review which was posted on 30/11/2022. The underlined text is what was deleted. Please see partially deleted review PDF as attachment.

Pepperstone review14.03.2022 - 28.11.2022
First off, these are my opinions, my experiences. I can provide factual evidence, as in, screen shots, which will have my personal details removed.
End of review is an excerpt, (6. Key risks of trading) from Pepperstone’s PDS, (Product Disclosure Statement).
When I first started trading, I naively thought to somewhat increase the savings that I had made throughout my life. Did awful lot of learning, months and months. Did a lot of research on brokers, and after a lot of reading reviews, chose Pepperstone as the best bet.
I practiced trading on demo trading simulators. All a bit pointless. As it turns out, simulators, don’t react and reverse when you make a trade. No, why would they.
I have been enthusiastic in, learning all that I could about ”highly profitable setups”, levels, and fibs, and all the rest of it, ”Levels”, “Impulse waves”, “Pull-backs”, chart patterns, “W”s and“ M”s. They also provide you with “Indicators”, for you to follow as well. So you can look at your e.g. “Stochastic indicator” to spot a reversal.
To be fair I did win a few of the early trades, but slowly and surely, the trades started to go against me. Experiencing trap after trap continuously. The trend isn't your friend after all. The second you back a strong trend or strong setup, instant reversal. Long, Short, doesn’t matter, 95% of trades reverse. Yes, I can understand price reversing for a short period, but a complete trend change nearly every time that I make a trade, is not consistent with the “risks” set out in Pepperstone’s PDS, (Product Disclosure Statement). Please see excerpt below.
For example: Had the risk statement said something like: “It is highly likely, as soon as you make a trade, the price trend, will more than likely reverse, and your Stop-Loss, will more than likely get hit. Resulting in, you losing your capital”. I don’t think that I would have got involved. Because it is highly unlikely that I would make any profit. I can now see, why so many traders don’t make it.
No, this is fraud, plain and simple, by blatant price manipulation, or as the FCA call it “Market Abuse”.
I thought, to take screen shots, of just about every trade that suspiciously reversed. I now have hundreds.
I remember complaining to the guy that Pepperstone assigned to look after me. I won’t mention his name. Such a nice chap, used to phone regularly, until the money went down, never to be heard again.
He said, “Can’t be anything to do with us because we don’t have a dealing desk. We are a Non-dealing desk broker.”

Yes, that may well be, however, I am dealing with you, and you, are at least complicit in, and with, the fraudulent actions and activities, either by yourselves or others.
I will make all of my150++ screen shots that I have taken, available, for anyone, to have a look at if they wish.

Below is an excerpt from Pepperstone’s PDS, (Product Disclosure Statement).

6.Key risks of trading
Margin FX
Contracts and
CFDs
Not trading on a formal
exchange
6.1Trading with us is different to trading on a formal exchange. Unlike the Australian Securities Exchange and other exchanges, there’s no clearing
house for Margin FX Contracts and CFDs, and the performance of a CFD and/or Margin FX Contract by us isn’t “guaranteed” by an exchange or clearinghouse.
6.2 You’re also not buying the Underlying Asset (like a share or the currency), you’re investing in an interest in that Underlying Asset.
Suitability risk
6.3 The products that we offer are high risk and can be complex to understand. It’s critical that you consider your own current circumstances to make sure that these products are suitable for
you. If you don’t understand the key features and risks of the products that we offer, you should seek independent financial advice before you start trading with us.
Volatility risk
6.4 Margin FX and CFDs are derivatives. Derivative markets generally can be highly volatile (i.e. they move up and down in value quite quickly) so the risk that you’ll incur losses when you trade in derivatives Contracts can be substantial.
6.5 High volatility means the market scan be very difficult to predict. This means that you shouldn’t consider any Contract offered by us or any other financial services provider to be a
“safe” trade.
6.6 If the market moves against you, you can find yourself in a position where the money you have on deposit in your Account isn’t enough to maintain yourContract, and you’ll be required to immediately deposit additionalmoney as Margin to keep your Contract Open i.e. to “top up” yourAccount. If you don’t pay the additional money when we require youto, and your Margin drops below 50% of the Margin required tomaintain your current Open Contracts, we are required to Close-Outyour Contracts.

Attachments

• Trustpilot Pepperstone review 30.11.2022.pdf
    377.1 KB · Views: 79
If anyone wants to see my full review please look below, or hundreds of screen shots as evidence, please let me know.

100s of screenshots won't mean much without context. We will want to see the relevant evidence as it pertains to your specific problems you experience.

-> The best evidence starts with a full trading history. Here is a tutorial on how to generate this correctly and upload it here:
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/comm...ccount-trade-history-statements-part-1.63543/
do this from a desktop/laptop computer please.

-> If you have copies of the journal logs of the mt4/mt5 terminal (not expert logs, journal logs of communication between platform and server), that would be good also. [mt4 terminal folder]\logs you can just zip the whole log folder. Open a couple of logs to ensure you have the correct folder.

They only said that I could complain to the Ombudsman. "Their" initial investigation, just asked for three out of hundreds of examples, and decided that “Pepperstone need not take any action” Whether or not Pepperstone is guilty or not of actual “Market Abuse” They, are still knowingly, and, willingly, supplying retail traders, to a highly manipulated Forex. So at the very least, they are in “Breach Of Duty Of Care” to their clients.

-> Also copies/pdf of the Ombudsman decision and also examples that you gave the investigator (either pdf or image screenshot is ok).

-> If you are claiming price manipulation, do you have any video clips showing what price was displayed, and what price was filled? Or if there were any artificial delays in execution? If it is a screenshot, can it clearly show what price you entered in, and what price was executed?

the logs and trading history will help, and video helps put it all in perspective.

-> if you have not done so already, you may add your review here:
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/7523/pepperstone-review?per-page=50

Hi everyone,
I've had a very bad experience with Pepperstone.com over a period of many months. 14/03/2022 - 28/11/2022.
So much so, that I'm now in the process of setting up a "Class/Collective Action claim" against them.
I did post a one star review on Trustpilot 30/11/2022, but as soon as I updated it with, Notice Of Class/Collective Action, my Trustpilot account was locked. Good old Trustpilot, as trustful as a bag of adders. They also deleted part of my review without my prior knowledge or permission.
I went through Pepperstone’s complaints procedure. Complete waste of time, as they failed to comment on any of the “trades of concern”, that they wanted me to provide. They only said that I could complain to the Ombudsman. "Their" initial investigation, just asked for three out of hundreds of examples, and decided that “Pepperstone need not take any action” Whether or not Pepperstone is guilty or not of actual “Market Abuse” They, are still knowingly, and, willingly, supplying retail traders, to a highly manipulated Forex. So at the very least, they are in “Breach Of Duty Of Care” to their clients.
Pepperstone's PDS (Product Disclosure Statement) " 6. Key risks of trading" "6.3 The products that we offer are high risk and can be complex to understand."
Which, implies that with gained or learned knowledge, the trader might make a profit. Whereas nothing, could be further from the truth. Because, when you experience continual stop-hunts and trend reversals as soon as you place a trade, there is no way to make any profit. The trader is effectively setup to lose.

Please see below, Trustpilot "unedited" review which was posted on 30/11/2022. The underlined text is what was deleted. Please see partially deleted review PDF as attachment.

Pepperstone review14.03.2022 - 28.11.2022
First off, these are my opinions, my experiences. I can provide factual evidence, as in, screen shots, which will have my personal details removed.
End of review is an excerpt, (6. Key risks of trading) from Pepperstone’s PDS, (Product Disclosure Statement).
When I first started trading, I naively thought to somewhat increase the savings that I had made throughout my life. Did awful lot of learning, months and months. Did a lot of research on brokers, and after a lot of reading reviews, chose Pepperstone as the best bet.
I practiced trading on demo trading simulators. All a bit pointless. As it turns out, simulators, don’t react and reverse when you make a trade. No, why would they.
I have been enthusiastic in, learning all that I could about ”highly profitable setups”, levels, and fibs, and all the rest of it, ”Levels”, “Impulse waves”, “Pull-backs”, chart patterns, “W”s and“ M”s. They also provide you with “Indicators”, for you to follow as well. So you can look at your e.g. “Stochastic indicator” to spot a reversal.
To be fair I did win a few of the early trades, but slowly and surely, the trades started to go against me. Experiencing trap after trap continuously. The trend isn't your friend after all. The second you back a strong trend or strong setup, instant reversal. Long, Short, doesn’t matter, 95% of trades reverse. Yes, I can understand price reversing for a short period, but a complete trend change nearly every time that I make a trade, is not consistent with the “risks” set out in Pepperstone’s PDS, (Product Disclosure Statement). Please see excerpt below.
For example: Had the risk statement said something like: “It is highly likely, as soon as you make a trade, the price trend, will more than likely reverse, and your Stop-Loss, will more than likely get hit. Resulting in, you losing your capital”. I don’t think that I would have got involved. Because it is highly unlikely that I would make any profit. I can now see, why so many traders don’t make it.
No, this is fraud, plain and simple, by blatant price manipulation, or as the FCA call it “Market Abuse”.
I thought, to take screen shots, of just about every trade that suspiciously reversed. I now have hundreds.
I remember complaining to the guy that Pepperstone assigned to look after me. I won’t mention his name. Such a nice chap, used to phone regularly, until the money went down, never to be heard again.
He said, “Can’t be anything to do with us because we don’t have a dealing desk. We are a Non-dealing desk broker.”

Yes, that may well be, however, I am dealing with you, and you, are at least complicit in, and with, the fraudulent actions and activities, either by yourselves or others.
I will make all of my150++ screen shots that I have taken, available, for anyone, to have a look at if they wish.

Below is an excerpt from Pepperstone’s PDS, (Product Disclosure Statement).

6.Key risks of trading
Margin FX
Contracts and
CFDs
Not trading on a formal
exchange
6.1Trading with us is different to trading on a formal exchange. Unlike the Australian Securities Exchange and other exchanges, there’s no clearing
house for Margin FX Contracts and CFDs, and the performance of a CFD and/or Margin FX Contract by us isn’t “guaranteed” by an exchange or clearinghouse.
6.2 You’re also not buying the Underlying Asset (like a share or the currency), you’re investing in an interest in that Underlying Asset.
Suitability risk
6.3 The products that we offer are high risk and can be complex to understand. It’s critical that you consider your own current circumstances to make sure that these products are suitable for
you. If you don’t understand the key features and risks of the products that we offer, you should seek independent financial advice before you start trading with us.
Volatility risk
6.4 Margin FX and CFDs are derivatives. Derivative markets generally can be highly volatile (i.e. they move up and down in value quite quickly) so the risk that you’ll incur losses when you trade in derivatives Contracts can be substantial.
6.5 High volatility means the market scan be very difficult to predict. This means that you shouldn’t consider any Contract offered by us or any other financial services provider to be a
“safe” trade.
6.6 If the market moves against you, you can find yourself in a position where the money you have on deposit in your Account isn’t enough to maintain yourContract, and you’ll be required to immediately deposit additionalmoney as Margin to keep your Contract Open i.e. to “top up” yourAccount. If you don’t pay the additional money when we require youto, and your Margin drops below 50% of the Margin required tomaintain your current Open Contracts, we are required to Close-Outyour Contracts.
Start with adding your review here https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/7523/pepperstone-review

Hi 4evermaat,​

Please find attached: Ombudsman final decision letter, c/w three requested screenshots and full account history. If there is anything else that you may require please ask.

Attachments

• CHFSGD.29.04.2022a.PNG
    CHFSGD.29.04.2022a.PNG
    185.2 KB · Views: 108
  • CRUDE.29.05.2022b.PNG
    CRUDE.29.05.2022b.PNG
    166.1 KB · Views: 89
  • NATGAS.20.04.2022e.PNG
    NATGAS.20.04.2022e.PNG
    165.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Ombudsman investigator 28.04.2023.PNG
    Ombudsman investigator 28.04.2023.PNG
    177.9 KB · Views: 108
  • cT_2008933_2022-12-07_13-05 FULL STATEMENT 07.12.2022 FOR CHECKING AGAINST...UNALTERED.xlsx
    879.3 KB · Views: 36
A few questions preliminary questions:

-> Did you actually take the complaint further with the Ombudsman or did you let it expire on 12 May 2023?
-> if so, what further evidence did you supply that the pricing was unfair in your opinion?
-> how exactly does the screenshot show the pricing (at the times in question) are incorrect or in error somehow?

-> what leverage did you have on your account? I assume you were with AU division of pepperstone, which means you would be limited to:
30:1 for major fx pairs,
20:1 for minor fx pairs + gold + major stock indices,
10:1 non-gold commodities + minor stock indices
5:1 for any other cfds not mentioned (mostly non-index stocks)
2:1 for any crypto

Is this correct?

It would be difficult to overleverage yourself.

-> the trade history that you did upload...I noticed there are no balance operations. So no rows with deposits and withdrawals. Does cTrader exclude these rows when exporting?

Outside of that, I am actually impressed with cTrader history statement. (how cTrader organizes the information; comprehensive and easy to sort)

========================

-> that is a long time to be trading with a suspected faulty broker pricing...and then continue to trade with them. What made you continue to trade with this company for 8+ months, (36 weeks), and traded over 7300 times (14600 if you include entry + exits)?

I was looking for a few large trades and maybe there was some artificial price spike from the broker (out of line with the market). But the trading here seems voluntary, and repetitious from the client end.

-> Do you understand the difference between exchange-traded products (real stocks, futures contracts) and over-the-counter (OTC) products (mainly CFDs)?

Please forgive me. I know some companies can be sneaky in how they manipulate their clients. I'm trying to get a better understanding of how the pricing was "bad" on the brokers side. And what compelled you to continue trading on such bad pricing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the questions 4evermaat,
I didn't see the point in taking it further with the ombudsman, as I said to him, the outcome would be the same.
The screenshots are repetitious reversals, of which I have many. Are you going to tell me that it is perfectly normal to have so many reversals?
My UK leverage was 30:1 and lower.
My initial response to the reversal and stop-hunts was to question myself, as to what am I doing wrong here?
So, I started to do experimental procedures, to see what happen if I do this, eg. I tried making grids with shorts and longs, to see what effect did this have on price. It just confirmed my thoughts, price consolidated, and went down the middle. If I had more longs or shorts, price would go towards whichever way that I lost more.

The screenshots are repetitious reversals, of which I have many. Are you going to tell me that it is perfectly normal to have so many reversals?
prices move up and down constantly with cfds. You need to have a clear case where you entered and the price was spiked. Or you were shown one price in one part of the platform, but your trade opened/closed at a different price. See this video for a good example of how a broker was caught red handed spoofing execution prices.

You can see the brokerage clearly streaming one price, but closes the client's order and a significantly different price.

I didn't see the point in taking it further with the ombudsman, as I said to him, the outcome would be the same.

You continued trading with Pepperstone despite seeing apparent error pricing you were dissatisfied with. Including making several more deposits to trade and hold even larger positions. I don't know what the AFCA ombudsman would have said differently.

Did awful lot of learning, months and months. Did a lot of research on brokers, and after a lot of reading reviews, chose Pepperstone as the best bet.

You should also read and study companies more accurate data, as their last 23 Mar published 41 pages Full accounts, think it’s a MUST….The business model picture :)

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08965105/filing-history

See if you can find anything concerning Liquidity Providers, or who is covering the risk, could be the AFCA expert qualifies to run the FED but his statements in your case are not trustworthy !

Tell us a little more about your account manager relationship, had he be informed you had no trading experience of any kind ?

Seems like the initial account was destroyed, after only one month trading in one day !... with these heavy loses starting line 1069, how can this happen, no SL’s ?????....what went wrong ?

Back