Maxcfd being conned by them

Dfrsa

Recruit
I'm a Afrikaans speaking pensioner and partly deaf from SA and saw a ad on Facebook in December 2017. I invested $250 thinking that I was going to be showed how to trade with a robot as advertised. I was nearly immediately contacted by a financial advisor convincing me to somehow invest more money which I did. About an hour after I signed up I became aware that Maxcfd was not trustworthy and I sent an email stating that I want to cancel and withdraw my money. They sent me two forms to complete and I was told that it was to verify my account in order for them to refund me my full investment. I was since then contacted by various advisors telling me I had to invest more to be able to trade. I refused as they wanted the total sum to be $5 000 to which they included a $1 500 bonus which I did not ask for. Now if they email or phone me they state that I have to meet the turnover amount of $60 000 to enable them to refund me. I've been sending them many emails requesting a refund but the answer is the same " you have a bonus and must meet the turnover amount" what I find interesting is that all the advisors have English names and surnames but they speak with a foreign accent. Any advice on how to proceed will be appreciated.

Unfortunately, since MaxCFD has already been marked as a scam, you are ineligible from filing FPA trader's court case. You can still reach out to regulators, local police, etc, although it is unlikely you will receive any reimbursement. Some remedies include:

1) Leave a review of your experience here on their review page: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/14112/maxcfd-forex-brokers

2) Contact MaxCFD and invite them to this thread to respond. Copy the url of this thread and email it to at least 1 or 2 different support email addresses that you have (cc to compliance department if applicable).

If they have social media (facebook, twitter), please send them a message there also. They may also have a support representative on the forums here

3) How did you make the deposit? If it is by credit/debit card, you can immediately initiate a chargeback from the card issuing bank based on fraud. You can do this yourself or use an agent to assist such as WinChargeback or MyChargeback (unsure about success rate).

Back