• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OctaFX.com

General discussions of a financial company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
OctaFX Champion Round 33: 1st place winner on his attempt that turned out to be a success

octafx-champion-winners-speak-r31.pngLast round in the year 2014 is finished and we are ready to share winner’s experience with you! It always makes us proud to receive traders’ stories and give them a chance to be heard!

Let us remind you the names of our winners:
  • 1st place – Mr. R Tjahyo Sembodo from Indonesia
  • 2nd place – Mr. Aliaksei Matusevich from Belarus
  • 3rd place – Mr. Ahmet Metin Yilmaz from Turkey
  • The last runner in the contest – Mr. Rathuwaduge Suranga from Sri Lanka

1st place – Mr. R Tjahyo Sembodo from Indonesia on his experience as a winner:

I praise and am thankful to Allah God Almighty and I feel great. After several attempts, I finally found myself exactly where I wanted to be. I actually did not think I could be in first place at least in the first 3 weeks of the round. Last week I saw a chance to occupy 3rd place and I tried to trade safe and be more careful. The last 3 days I was surprised to be the 3rd and I tried to maintain my position. And on a beautiful weekend today, in the last days in the month of December I received an email notification from OctaFX that I achieved the highest position in the contest. Wow I am very excited and happy. Thanks OctaFX for this wonderful weekend.

Now let me tell you about my trading:

I do not always have time to be in front of the computer and analyze every opportunity. I actually have little time to analyze. So I was assisted by a robot in the day-to-day trading.

My technique was scalping with price action guide combined with looking for an opportunity to get a pull back price when the price passed the resistance or support on 5M chart. Yes, I developed a trading robot to help me with these techniques. In addition I did swing trades manually.

This round is my highest achievement after the round 32 contest a month ago: I was in 4th place. Previously, I've experienced a few times a margin call in the demo and live account.

In my opinion everyone can learn the concepts of Forex Trading quickly in a matter of months. However, becoming consistent takes years. Be patient, learn from experience and have a good money management – that is the best way to become a good trader and also survive in this business. I would not say I am better than the others.

I prefer to say it was the right time for the right opportunity and the right trading track. Eliminate greed and fear, as it is the key to success. I believe every person has the opportunity to be the best.

2nd place – Mr. Aliaksei Matusevich from Belarus:

I am happy to occupy the 2nd position. I tried various techniques. I think I just got lucky, but now I am considering participating in other OctaFX promotions. Practice makes perfect!

3rd place – Mr. Ahmet Metin Yilmaz from Turkey:

It was nice and exciting experience and it didn’t take much time. Discipline and belief in my system which I developed with time helped me to gain my results. My strategy is based on price action, and yes, I develop this strategy with trying various techniques.
Actually I don't think that I am a good trader. If I occupy the first place in the future, I will think about giving advice to fellow traders.

The last runner in the contest, Mr. Rathuwaduge Suranga from Sri Lanka:

I was trying for 2 years to become the winner and to ocuupy the first place. However I am happy about your company even being the last. I will try my best to get to the 1st place next round. I have played and learned a lot to improve next time. It will take a long time to become a good trader! I am with you since 2012, but I am still leaning!

We thank all the participants for their stories! Feeling inspired by them? Register in OctaFX Champion Demo Contest Round 35!

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest Round 6 winners rewarded!

While Round 7 of cTrader Weekly demo contest runs, OctaFX is happy to present you Round 6 winners and their prizes:

• 1st place with the award of 150 USD goes to Mr. Anggun Febriyanto from Indonesia
  • 2nd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Mrs. Siti Nuraisyah from Indonesia
  • 3rd place with the award of 75 USD goes to Mr. Seteven from Indonesia
  • 4th place with the award of 50 USD goes to Mr. Didik Purnomo from Indonesia
  • 5th place with the award of 25 USD goes to Mr. Bahtiyor Usmonov from Uzbekistan

Mr. Anggun Febriyanto performed the most profitable trade in this round and deserved the first place with a help of his skillful funds management! Congratulations!

We thank every trader for participation. The next round of cTrader Weekly demo contest starts in a week – it’s high time to register and win prizes from OctaFX! Join OctaFX traders in this competition and try out our new cTrader platform while trading demo account! Discover cTrader advantages and win OctaFX prizes!

Choose OctaFX as your top-notch Forex broker!

OctaFX proves its reliability in the light of recent events

Due to the unprecedented market events on 15.01.15 caused by the changes of Swiss National bank’s policy resulting in high volatility in CHF cross pairs quotes many traders encountered considerable losses. During these events, OctaFX demonstrated its high reliability: being devoted to our clients, we didn’t inflict any changes upon CHF cross clients trades. However, following the usual company policy we restored all negative client balances that occurred due to the fact that clients were unprepared to these rapid changes.

All the deposit and withdrawal requests are processed by the Financial department following the normal procedure. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our award-winning Customer Support: support@octafx.com.

OctaFX remains fully reliable and solvent despite the recent events. All the trades are performed according to the operational company standards. We are proud to confirm our stability and integrity. We thank our clients for staying with us and welcome new traders to try out our highly valued services!

Round 2 OctaFX Supercharged winner is aimed at victory!

As OctaFX Supercharged real contest grips attention of more and more traders, OctaFX team awards the second winner of the monthly prize – brand new iPhone 6!

Aleksandra Michałowicz-Goc from Poland, the second monthly winner have plenty of thoughts to share with her fellow contestants and traders, who haven’t’ yet joined the spectacular race for Tesla Model S:

The competition is great! Yes, my main target is to win the main prize – Tesla Model S.

I spend a lot of time at the laptop, investing in the forex, and this competition is just one of the many things I do during the day. Patience helped me a lot, I can say it is one of the major factors of my success. The other one is courage – I am not afraid of either risks or losses.

My strategy is an investment with the trend. That’s how it works - I am looking for a correction and open orders at high risk, the balance is my SL(stop loss). When I am wrong and the assumptions are good, I open another account and repeat orders. It will normally imply 2-5% risk.
I slightly changed my strategy during the contest and achieved the greatest gains and the greatest losses in individual transactions: my most spectacular gain - 700% in a few days, considerable loss - 100% in a few minutes.

Aleksandra was happy to give OctaFX traders some advice!
You have to invest a lot, invest wisely, analyze errors and fix them. When you stop losing money, it will be the beginning of the road to good trader. And to my fellow contestnts I say – Do not look at what others are doing, set yourself a goal and implement it.

Aim for Tesla S or Renault Twizy – it doesn’t matter! The title of OctaFX Supercharged real contest winner is priceless! It’s 20 days left to win next iPhone 6 – register in OctaFX Supercharged real contest now!

Electrify your trading with OctaFX!

Vote for OctaFX in the 2014 FX Empire Awards!

fxempire-2014.pngFX Empire announced the nominees for annual FX Empire Awards! OctaFX team is proud to confirm, that this time we have been chosen to represent two categories at once!

OctaFX is nominated for the Best Broker and Most Reliable Broker titles in the year 2014.

We need all your support - to vote for OctaFX click here. We would like to thank you for your appreciation in advance! The voting is open until February 16th, 2015.

We have received 2013 award for Best Customer Service Broker and hope that your votes will bring us new awards from FX Empire this time!

Support your top-notch broker - vote for OctaFX!

Try out cTrader – win $400 from OctaFX!

ctrader-demo-contest-right.pngOctaFX offers you to try out innovative cTrader platform and get considerable money prize for the effort! OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest allows you to trade for a week to decide whether it suits your preferences! This week we congratulate 5 winner of the Round 8!

cTrader Weekly demo contest Round 8 turned out to be a success for 5 traders:
  • 1st place with the award of 150 USD goes to Mr. Dodi Rohidin from Indonesia
  • 2nd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Mr.Syai Fuddin from Indonesia
  • 3rd place with the award of 75 USD goes to Mr. Hicham Elmouanniss from Morocco
  • 4th place with the award of 50 USD goes to Mr. Akram Dai from Tunisia
  • 5th place with the award of 25 USD goes to Mr. Septian Beny Setyobudi from Indonesia

We thank every trader for participation. The next round of cTrader Weekly demo contest starts Monday, February 2! Register and join OctaFX traders in this competition and try out our new cTrader platform while trading demo account! Discover cTrader advantages and win OctaFX prizes!

Choose OctaFX as your top-notch Forex broker!

OctaFX Champion Round 34 winners talk about their effective strategies!

octafx-champion-winners-speak-r31.pngOur OctaFX Champions commentaries on how they’ve spent Round 34 competing are freshly gathered for you to draw some inspiration!

Let us remind you whose stories you are going to hear:

• 1st place – Mr. T Sani from Indonesia
  • 2nd place – Mr. Mohd Azmi Bin Osman from Malaysia
  • 3rd place – Mr. Cecep Syahid Abdullah from Indonesia
  • The last runner in the contest – Mr. Aminul Islam from Bangladesh

1st place – Mr. T Sani from Indonesia:

I feel excited and happy winning the contest! My victory came when the most spectacular profit happened to my order with 18 lots, sell position. I gain a lot so I can reach the first rank.

I’ll advice every trader to try to understand and focus on reading the news.

2nd place – Mr. Mohd Azmi Bin Osman from Malaysia:

I took 3 years to me to get this skill and just use it. I spend my time in the demo contest along with my daily work. The main factor to my success is being very focused in this trading. My main strategy is to be guided by the direction of the trend. As Forex analyst said, trade with the trend.

3rd place – Mr. Cecep Syahid Abdullah from Indonesia:

I did not spend much time in this contest because I have a trading schedule. My patience and consistent trading techniques helped me - My strategy is only analyze with Fibonacci and fundamentals techniques.

The last runner in the contest – Mr. Aminul Islam from Bangladesh:

I am Aminul islam from Bangladesh, for 3 year i have been learning Forex strategies. I will try to improve my performance next time. I have a lot learned from the contest.

We thank all the participants for their stories! Register in OctaFX Champion Demo Contest Round 36 to find your name in our company new next month!

Yes they seem to be a scam broker for sure. I opened new account no 235916 on 27th Jan 2015 and first deposit through skrill 100 usd and topped it within few minutes with another 350 usd. Within one hour my scalper EA installed on my friends private server made 160 usd profit and they stopped my account from trading. I got a mail which is reproduced as below.

Ian (OctaFX)
Jan 27, 14:01

Dear Sir,

We have received an information, that your account MIGHT have been involved into fraudulent activity or accessed by third parties intending to do so. We have grounds to believe the documents provided for this account as well as its identity do not belong to the actual account owner.
This is not a statement, but an assumption, which requires investigation in accordance with of our Security Dept. requirements and policies. There is nothing to worry about; it’s a regular check, intended for your funds security and transactions' transparency first of all.
This is to let you know that in accordance with p. 13.12 of the Customer Agreement, namely:
13.12. For security reasons upon withdrawal the Company reserves a right to demand Client’s complete identification data, such as ID copy, address proof copy, bank reference letter and other relevant documents, apostiled or certified by a notary.
In order to withdraw funds from account no. 235916, please follow these steps:
1. Please prepare the following documents:
a. Personal ID/passport copy (all the pages containing records);
b. An address proof, clearly showing residential address.
BOTH TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH, NOTARIZED (OR CERTIFIED WITH AN APOSTILLE STAMP) BY A RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT AGENT.
2. Please send these documents (physically, by mail) to our HQ address at:
Cedar Hill Crest, P.O. Box 1825, Villa, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
3. After the documents are received, case investigated and verified, you will be able to withdraw the funds.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Ian

See now they nowhere have stated that trading has been disabled and on repeated chat request which they said on chat they have disabled my account from trading they did not send me official mail in spite of repeated requests. I discussed with this guy Ian that where I stay and work as an expatriate, Dubai, UAE documents like passport copy and utlity bills are not notarized and cannot do anything about it. He then said they will accept if my Indian government consulate attests it and utility bill provider stamps the bill. I got both of them done very next day on 28th Jan 2015 and sent them scanned copies to confirm if it is ok then waste my money to courier it to their HO. I got mail saying the documents are accepted by their security department in HO and I should courier to them the original documents. I couriered them through Aramex on same day and it reached them on 3rd Feb at 14 hrs and a guy with the name R Olliver had received it. I started chatting with them again and they stated they have not received. I sent them the aramex courier tracking weblink to show the confirmation. I seconded that by copy pasting the tracking status from Aramex and sent them mail. I have been sending them mails and chatting with them to know what now. Today is 4th day and still they claim it is under investigation. I do not understand as what sort of investigation is this as it is just 2 documents passport copy attested original one and utility bill stamped by the utility company which they have to see if it is in my name.

Yesterday night when I again chatted with one woman called Emma she told my account has been disabled as I broke some client agreement which she posted link. I said it has so many clauses so tell me which clause she says I indulged in arbitrage trading. So I said it is not arbitrage trading and it is a fast scalper custom made which me and my friend use it and as per their website scalping is allowed without any restrictions. I further stated prove to me that I did arbitrage trading she could not say anything further saying the same sentence we cannot do anything till our security department completes investigation. I have sent a mail to their ceo stating my case and the way their customer care is treating me as if i am a criminal.

In short they do not allow me to trade the account nor allow me to withdraw my money. Their intention is not to pay anyone who makes profits and they just want traders to lose and make money and I am sure they are not ECN brokers as if they are they would not mind me making money as they too get their commission in the spreads. I rate them as scam brokers only unless they remove the freeze on my trading and allow me to trade with my scalper or return back my total 610 usd and confirm that they cannot allow me to trade with a valid reason.

Balaji

cTrader Weekly brings another $400 to OctaFX traders

ctrader-demo-contest-right.pngctrader-demo-contest-right.pngOctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest Round 9 has brought another $400 to OctaFX traders!

While the registration for Round 10 of cTrader Weekly demo contest is open, we announce our winners:

• 1st place with the award of 150 USD goes to Mr. Eko Setiawan from Indonesia
  • 2nd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Mr. Pedro Manuel Da Silva Rocha from Portugal
  • 3rd place with the award of 75 USD goes to Mr. Umair Afzal from Pakistan
  • 4th place with the award of 50 USD goes to Mr. Fabio Gonzalez from Colombia
  • 5th place with the award of 25 USD goes to Mr. Tarso Herdiansyah from Indonesia

We thank every trader for participation. The next round of cTrader Weekly demo contest starts in a week – it’s high time to register and win prizes from OctaFX! Join 337 OctaFX traders in this competition and try out our new platform trading demo account!

Step out of your comfort zone to explore new level of trading with OctaFX!

Back