Resolved - Pepperstone withdrawal 2 weeks and I still haven't received my money.

Hello all

We sincerely apologise for the confusion or simple misunderstanding that this situation creates. The feeling as a trader of having the funds that you requested withdrawn and not available ASAP is something we empathise with and it is certainly never something Pepperstone never wants to see its clients experience. We understand clients want fast deposits, withdrawals and execution - that is what we always strive to provide as a broker.

As an update, we have received the results from Pepperstone’s bank’s investigation (National Australia Bank - NAB) into Marlon's funds. Marlon has been notified of this investigation.

Without disclosing any personal or private information, in short, the results are that the funds left Pepperstone’s bank account two days after the withdrawal request was received by NAB (date requested: 28/9/15, settlement date: 30/9/15).

We have also been able to provide Marlon with the 'Trace Terminal ID' number which will allow his bank to trace the funds within their system.

This proves that Marlon's funds indeed left Pepperstone's account, as they should have, shortly after the request. As the funds were sent directly from NAB, and did not travel through any intermediary bank, the only possible scenario is that the funds are held up with Marlon’s bank.

Using the information provided, Marlon will be able to follow up with his bank and have them trace the transfer on their side.

Once again, we would like to emphasise that whilst Pepperstone is very sorry to see that Marlon is yet to receive his funds, we are unable to take responsibility for funds which have been misplaced by another bank for whatever reason.

RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft

We are confident, however, that Marlon's Bank will now be able to use the Trace Terminal ID along with our investigation results to promptly locate his funds.

Regards,
Mitch

In your first message you mentioned you have already provided me with trace numbers. Now on your second message you are saying the same thing. How can this be proof? I waited two weeks for your supposed full trace but nothing is different. What I expected you to give me is a full detailed back end trace something I can use to slap my bank saying hey you guys have the money. But no you have not given me a real trace just the same as before here's a number give it to your bank wow!!! At this time I do not know exactly know who is at fault you or my bank. But you guys dissapointed me by making me wait 2 weeks without a real trace and now you come back here and you say the same thing you said on your first message. If I were you I would have been ashamed to even post that here as everyone can see that you have just said the same thing the first time. At this time you have not given me sufficient evidence to get you off the hook so I have notified FOS to help mediate this situation. I am just waiting for FOS to come back and give me an official case number.

That number you gave me I did sent it to my bank again hopefully they find it if not you guys are still responsible. Numbers can easily be invented and fabricated so I don't take that as proof sorry and I'm still waiting for a full detailed trace from your company.

I will let everyone know though once my bank sees the funds and my findings if this is Pepperstone fault or my banks fault. But still I am very dissapointed with Pepperstone's supposed full trace and I waited 2 weeks for it and it is not even a real trace.

I can say one good thing about Phil Horner he is personally helping me with this problem now. And Phil said he will get back to me (again) with a real full detailed trace this time.

Oh by the way this is the result of the supposed full trace from Pepperstone. You be the judege. Is this what you call a full trace? This is their entire trace and they said this is enough proof. What does a Full trace is supposed to look like to you? Where does it say it left so and so bank account number and it went into so and so bank and it went into this terminal number with status pending/hold/cancelled/complete etc etc. So tell me guys is this a full trace or just another withdrawal receipt? If you were me would you be happy that after waiting 2 weeks this is all they would give you? Truth is they have not done anything for all those two weeks they made me wait. They thought that this would have been resolved by now anyway. But surprise surprise I still dont have my money. DOH! This shows there are some problems with how support responded to my issue. But yeah Phil Horner is helping me now because it is now 1 month and they figured oh wait something is really wrong. GEEZ really?

Attachments

• Trace.JPG
    Trace.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 22
That's all Pepperstone sent?

Yo Peter! Why not send the more detailed trace? Also, it might be a good idea for someone at Pepperstone to contact Maflip's bank directly.

That's all Pepperstone sent?

Yo Peter! Why not send the more detailed trace? Also, it might be a good idea for someone at Pepperstone to contact Maflip's bank directly.

Sir they cannot provide a detailed trace and I just received an email from Phil Horner that they will not provide it. I am on my own on this one. Better yet, I'm screwed.

Ok so... I finally received my money after getting a second trace number from Pepperstone and I would like to thank FPA for this for allowing me to post here. However, I will let you guys think for a moment here. There are two trace numbers for each transaction. Why is there two trace numbers? I have posted the withdrawal receipts on my official case folder so at this time FPA moderators can see them but here are the two trace numbers for each transaction.

Transaction one first trace number is 133197 then this week I received a new trace number from Pepperstone 12846356. Then after receiving this new trace number it appeared on my account 3 days later.

Transaction two first trace number is 685866 then same this week I received a new trace number for it 13473251. Both new trace numbers are issued to me this Tuesday and 3 days later I received both of them.

So I will let you guys think here I won't say anything I will let the intelligent people of FPA figure this out. I have two trace numbers for each transcation and Pepperstone cannot provide a detailed trace for the first transaction why? Then this week I received a new trace numbers from Pepperstone 3 days later I received both my money which is the normal time somebody received their refund money.

Think there a moment guys.

Anyway thanks again to FPA for allowing me to posts this and thanks Pepperstone for delaying my withdrawal request.

Regards,
Marlon

Delay of client withdraw will cos a bad review on peperstone reputation,must do something to make sure it won't happen again,will keep looking on this treat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Maflip Peperstone regulated under ASIC
  • 1300 300 630: within Australia
  • + 61 3 5177 3988: outside Australia.
  • if your withdraw still pending for a very long time i think you know what to do

Hello Maflip Peperstone regulated under ASIC
  • 1300 300 630: within Australia
  • + 61 3 5177 3988: outside Australia.
  • if your withdraw still pending for a very long time i think you know what to do

Hey Irwani I just received my money. However, I have given hints on what I think Pepperstone did. I'll let you guys figure it out. I think it's obvious.

Hey Irwani I just received my money. However, I have given hints on what I think Pepperstone did. I'll let you guys figure it out. I think it's obvious.
Hello Maflip,glad to know you receive your money,spend the money well :)

Hello FPA

I would like to take this opportunity to further clarify a few points which I feel are relevant to Marlon’s complaint.

Firstly, the withdrawal request was an unmatched credit card withdrawal. This means that Pepperstone had to withdraw the funds in two separate transactions. Those transactions were the initial investment amount and then the subsequent profits that Marlon made trading with Pepperstone. This explains the two separate trace numbers.

Secondly, Pepperstone has provided Marlon with the withdrawal receipts from Pepperstone’s NAB client segregated account which shows the funds did indeed leave our bank account in a prompt manner. This point is now indisputable and agreed by all parties. Whilst it is extremely unfortunate that Marlon’s funds did not promptly arrive at his bank account, it is now clear that the funds did go straight to his bank and were placed in an un-allocated funds account.

Thirdly, Pepperstone is very happy to confirm that after providing Marlon the results of NAB’s investigation, Marlon was able to provide the relevant trace number to his bank. Marlon was then able to forcibly argue his point to his bank, with supporting information, and have his funds located in his bank’s un-allocated account. I am sorry Marlon had to argue this point so passionately with his bank before they did in fact allocate his funds to him.

Fourthly, I personally can understand the frustration Marlon must have felt waiting 2 weeks for the NAB investigation into his transfer. I would also like to note that our General Manager, Phil Horner, was personally liaising with NAB in an attempt to speed up this typically slow process. We are happy to provide the email chain if requested.

Pepperstone maintains that we have done our absolute best to assist Marlon through this process and are pleased to have assisted Marlon in having his funds found and returned to him.

Finally, that through this process, the funds were held by Marlon’s bank. His bank’s lengthy allocation process was outside Pepperstone’s control.

Whilst it was outside Pepperstone's control, we were more than happy to help with the process and did everything we could to have it resolved. Again, we certainly do not ever enjoy seeing any client wait longer than 1-3 business days for their withdrawal and understand this was a frustrating experience. The important thing to note for other clients is that Pepperstone is there to help and help provide evidence to any client, as it has done in Marlon's case who has a bank which holds onto funds in this manner. It was only after they were proved wrong with complete tracing numbers that they released funds within 48 hrs.

Regards,
Mitch

Back