RESOLVED | Please, need help with IC Markets

Zilvinas

Private, 1st Class
Hello,

I need your help solving one problem. I think my problem is really technical issue.
So, to begin with I traded EUR/USD currency pair order 3335451 with Sell stop. I put my Price at 1.08604, Stop loss at 1.08804.
However my order was executed (triggered Sell stop) even if the actual price wasn't there.
I did a print screen of my MT4 platform of 1 minute chart, which I attach to post for You all to see it clearly. As you can see on my MT4 platform the price wasn't at 1.08604, however, the order was executed and then stopped at Stop loss at 1.08804.

I wrote a complain about this order to IC Markets support team, also attached this print screen of my MT4 platform, and asked to refund me of my loss.
They wrote me back. Now I will post their reply:

"Dear Zilvinas,

In Short -

The order was closed on your account because the Stop Loss was triggered.
The Sell order was closed at the ‘Ask’ price at the time since these were sell/Short positions. The historical ‘ask’ price is not visible on the MT4 charts as MT4 charts are based on the bid price (i.e. the price at which sell orders are executed).

In Detail -

BID and ASK Prices and cTrader/MT4 charts -

· cTrader/MT4 Charts only show the Bid Price

· Correspondingly, Sell Stops/limits and Sell orders are executed at the Bid Price.

· Whereas, Buy Stops/limits and Buy orders are executed at the Ask (or Offer) Price. The Ask price is not visible on the ctrader/MT4 candle chart historically.

. The difference between the Bid and the Ask is the Spread

So if you enter a ‘buy’ order

It is opened at the Ask price and

Closed at the Bid price

If you enter a ‘sell’ order

It is opened at the Bid price and

Closed at the Ask Price
"

Then they attached png file for me to understand, which I also attach to this post for You all in filename "Reply".

First of all, then I read their reply, it made me laugh, because, in accordance with their reply it means that at time 16.27 (+2 Europe time) the spread in pair EUR/USD was 200 pips, because that was the space between my Sell stop and Stop loss.
Second, they said that MT4 only shows Bid (Sell) Price, however, in my attached print screen it is clearly see that even the Bid (Sell) Price didn't come near to 1.08604 at all, so my Sell stop order shouldn't had been executed.

So, what do You guys think about this? What should be my next steps?
Thank You for your replys.

Attachments

• MT4 print screen.jpg
    MT4 print screen.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Reply.jpg
    Reply.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 12
Thank you for your reply Alonedevils.
I reviewed my MT4 EUR/USD M1 chart once more, and in my MT4 still shows the same view.
BUT! Now thanks to You I see the problem. In my MT4 chart there is a time gap - it lacks candles - from 16:17 candle it jumps straight to 16:26 candle. I attach to this post MT4 print screen with explanation.
So, what does it mean? Was that time IC Markets server down (not working)? If yes, what should I do now, can I ask them for refund?
Once again, thank You for your replies.
MT4 print screen2.jpg

Yea I See That Gap .. But, if i look your history. its trigered at 16.24 like at My Vertical Line On My Attachment and Stopped at 16.27 1.08806 (your Stop Loss at 1.08804)..
maybe if your Stop Loss At 1.08976 it wouldnt be Stopped ..

ah, Explaination about Server Down or Refund, maybe you can invite ICMarket Costumer Support at this Thread ..
send them email or livechat ..

Thanks Zilvinas :)

All I can say is this broker is bad. Read all the complaints here against them and elsewhere which are .I myself am a victim too and I do know of their "tricks", and they even threaten victims like me to shut up else they will sue if we tell anyone about their cheating ways.

You can try asking them for refund but good luck since its hard to claim money from this scam company. Look at my thread for example. They suggest me to keep signing up VPS when I kept getting the weird lag (when profitable). In the end they refused to even look into the matter to find cause or even refund the VPS! And we found out they lied about their servers too.

You should get out while you can before your money is all gone.

Hello,

I need your help solving one problem. I think my problem is really technical issue.
So, to begin with I traded EUR/USD currency pair order 3335451 with Sell stop. I put my Price at 1.08604, Stop loss at 1.08804.
However my order was executed (triggered Sell stop) even if the actual price wasn't there.
I did a print screen of my MT4 platform of 1 minute chart, which I attach to post for You all to see it clearly. As you can see on my MT4 platform the price wasn't at 1.08604, however, the order was executed and then stopped at Stop loss at 1.08804.

I wrote a complain about this order to IC Markets support team, also attached this print screen of my MT4 platform, and asked to refund me of my loss.
They wrote me back. Now I will post their reply:

"Dear Zilvinas,

In Short -

The order was closed on your account because the Stop Loss was triggered.
The Sell order was closed at the ‘Ask’ price at the time since these were sell/Short positions. The historical ‘ask’ price is not visible on the MT4 charts as MT4 charts are based on the bid price (i.e. the price at which sell orders are executed).

In Detail -

BID and ASK Prices and cTrader/MT4 charts -

· cTrader/MT4 Charts only show the Bid Price

· Correspondingly, Sell Stops/limits and Sell orders are executed at the Bid Price.

· Whereas, Buy Stops/limits and Buy orders are executed at the Ask (or Offer) Price. The Ask price is not visible on the ctrader/MT4 candle chart historically.

. The difference between the Bid and the Ask is the Spread

So if you enter a ‘buy’ order

It is opened at the Ask price and

Closed at the Bid price

If you enter a ‘sell’ order

It is opened at the Bid price and

Closed at the Ask Price
"

Then they attached png file for me to understand, which I also attach to this post for You all in filename "Reply".

First of all, then I read their reply, it made me laugh, because, in accordance with their reply it means that at time 16.27 (+2 Europe time) the spread in pair EUR/USD was 200 pips, because that was the space between my Sell stop and Stop loss.
Second, they said that MT4 only shows Bid (Sell) Price, however, in my attached print screen it is clearly see that even the Bid (Sell) Price didn't come near to 1.08604 at all, so my Sell stop order shouldn't had been executed.

So, what do You guys think about this? What should be my next steps?
Thank You for your replys.

Sorry I meant to say theres been a lot of recent cases against them, pre SNB, during SNB and even after SNB. Check here and other forums. The glitches you experience has been faced by others too, and never fixed. Good luck!

Thank You all for your replies.
I wrote them back by email, telling them that their answer is unsuitable for my problem. So, this time I wrote them about a time gap.
So, we'll see their answer now ;)

Hello, once again.
So, here are the news.
After I told them that there is a time gap (candles are missing) in my MT4 platform and posted them my print screen, at first, they didn't believe me, because in their MT4 platform everything was ok.
However, I still insisted that there is a problem and I don't see the candles. So, they asked me to send them my investor password. They looked in my account through my investor password, and still answered that in their MT4 they can see all the candles. As the proof they send their print screen of my account which I attach to this post (reply 3).Reply 3.jpg
As you can all see, in their print screen of my account now there are all the candles.
Then we did another thing, one of their support team memeber connected through Teamviewer to my pc to my MT4 platform, and... at last for themselves saw that candles are missing. They said they have to speak to their manager.
Next day I got a reply that they another time looked through everything and in their servers saw no problems, so they think that it is a local problem, something wrong with my MT4, so they suggested to delete everything and reinstal fresh new copy of MT4. I did that and at last I saw all the candles - the same view as their sent print screen from my account through investor password. I attach this my print screen to this post. MT4 print screen 4.jpg
Then I asked them this question: "The 16:26 candle is somewhat strange. I mean, it has a free space (a time gap) between 16:25 and 16:27 candles.Why is it so? Can you explain me this technical issue? Is it because one of servers was stopped or is it something different, because in my live account I often see this free space (a time gap) between candles in M1 chart?"
Their answer was: "Dear Zilvinas, Thank you for re-installing MT4.
The time gap is because they cannot fit display all the words of every minute. To view the minutes in between you may want to change the colour scheme -> Right click Properties -> Color Scheme (Mine is Black on White) -> or you can change the "Grid" which are show every minute
."

OK, so, in summary, I can say that I'm satisfied with their support. But! I didn't understand their last answer. So, can you guys explain to me technically if their are correct about the gap between candles in my last print screen? What is it? Because I often see such thing in M1 chart?

Thank you all for your replies.

Looks like a flaw in their MT4 to me. You can try their proposed solution and see if it works.

gap between candle

it happen to me too, i can explain to you techincally . icmarkets have another server in hongkong and moskow ( bridge server ). this 2 server show different price with main server in usa . your problem is your mt4 connected brdige server and they executed your trade using price in main server .you can find your connection history in journal tab in your mt4 , and find out which server conneted at the moment If their staff reinstall new mt 4 in your computer , all your evidence had lost .
Hello, once again.
So, here are the news.
After I told them that there is a time gap (candles are missing) in my MT4 platform and posted them my print screen, at first, they didn't believe me, because in their MT4 platform everything was ok.
However, I still insisted that there is a problem and I don't see the candles. So, they asked me to send them my investor password. They looked in my account through my investor password, and still answered that in their MT4 they can see all the candles. As the proof they send their print screen of my account which I attach to this post (reply 3).View attachment 19046
As you can all see, in their print screen of my account now there are all the candles.
Then we did another thing, one of their support team memeber connected through Teamviewer to my pc to my MT4 platform, and... at last for themselves saw that candles are missing. They said they have to speak to their manager.
Next day I got a reply that they another time looked through everything and in their servers saw no problems, so they think that it is a local problem, something wrong with my MT4, so they suggested to delete everything and reinstal fresh new copy of MT4. I did that and at last I saw all the candles - the same view as their sent print screen from my account through investor password. I attach this my print screen to this post. View attachment 19047
Then I asked them this question: "The 16:26 candle is somewhat strange. I mean, it has a free space (a time gap) between 16:25 and 16:27 candles.Why is it so? Can you explain me this technical issue? Is it because one of servers was stopped or is it something different, because in my live account I often see this free space (a time gap) between candles in M1 chart?"
Their answer was: "Dear Zilvinas, Thank you for re-installing MT4.
The time gap is because they cannot fit display all the words of every minute. To view the minutes in between you may want to change the colour scheme -> Right click Properties -> Color Scheme (Mine is Black on White) -> or you can change the "Grid" which are show every minute
."

OK, so, in summary, I can say that I'm satisfied with their support. But! I didn't understand their last answer. So, can you guys explain to me technically if their are correct about the gap between candles in my last print screen? What is it? Because I often see such thing in M1 chart?

Thank you all for your replies.

Back