ICMarkets.com (International Capital Markets) Review Visit site

Updated: Oct 22, 2018

January-February 2015:  A large number of suspicious and fake positive reviews have been submitted for IC Markets.

Other websites of this company include ICMarkets.com.au.

ICMarkets is a forex broker. IC Markets offers the MT4, MT5 and cTrader trading currency platforms. ICMarkets.com offers over 60 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, indices, futures, stocks, gold, silver, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

ICMarkets.com (International Capital Markets)

Join live discussion of ICMarkets.com (International Capital Markets) on our forum

Case IDFiledCase nameVerdict
2015-0042015-01-05psunardi vs icmarkets.comnot guilty

Terence,
Oct 16, 2018,

Scammed real bad(RESOLVED)

For the recent review i've posted, ICM has given me a call and offered me compensation of SGD200 for the amount of profits i could've made above the fact that they've already compensated me SGD472 for the capital lost in the trades for the horrible slippage. Something i do appreciate, is their sincerity in pacifying their customers. Thanks Ruchi

Oct 5, 2018 - 1 Star Got horribly scammed by this broker. With videos and pictures taken as evidences. DID11477154, DID12175044, DID12175402, DID12176409, DID12177184, DID12178695 and DID12182028, I bought it at a totally different price and it reflected the opposite instead to deduct the money from account when it's a profiting trade and it reflected at a price which EURUSD has never entered to on that particular day at all!
The Reaper of F,
Malaysia,
Oct 15, 2018,

Ugliest Broker In The Top Tier Ranks

One of the most terrible brokers available in Australia.

Why?
1: Spreads can widen as far back as 35 pips on no news corner (EURUSD). That is absolutely terrible for a "TRUE ECN BROKER". I suspect they're hunting stop loss on an occasional basis.
2: Besides, my TP was not filled even in a Demo Account even though price were relatively hitting it and going below it for 5 pips before resurging upward. Holy crap.
3: Unstable server, kept on going down for whatsoever reason. For a "Top Broker", is that how you operate and run your services? I'm a manual trader and the server kept on going down for a couple of minutes before getting back up again. Are you doing something behind the scenes? No notifications or whatsoever. This is bullpooing at its finest.
jonage,
Athens, Greece,
Oct 15, 2018,

Leading broker with best customer support

My opinion is that after using different brokers, IC Markets is the leading broker in the forex industry. Since I have opened my True ECN account, I have experienced low spreads (the best I have seen) great leverage (1:500) that keeps margin requirements low, instant execution, no slippage and the best customer support in the market. Alexis Christophides and Polina Parmakki helped me setting up my account in no time using team viewer connection and Anna Costa approved my bank documents in real time almost instantly. Many thanks to you all for your professionalism, efficiency and politeness. Overall great experience.
PAknow,
UK, United Kingdom,
Oct 3, 2018,

Freezing Platform, disabling Take profit,etc

Well, regardless if I just joined, I've been actively following threads and reviews on fpa. I wasn't trading Forex prior, but have to say "STAY AWAY" from IC markets. THese guys are some serious scammers.

How many times have they froze my platform and I couldn't close any trades. For up to 1 Minute!!!!!!!! 1 Minute and I can't take any profits and then it freezes and before you know it, market went against you. And there were no major news or anything. That and many other shady things like, exceeding S/L, platform freezing for 30 sec-2 Minutes. SOmetimes when executing a trade, you'll get a "No connection" message and click again after a bit, and the platform executes 2 trades.

IC markets does not respond to complaints or if they do, then they don't address the issues. ANyone stay away, Australian brokers imo are all scammers so far. That's their history. I dare one IC markets employee to proof the opposite. Very shady and I've just left them and they will hear from my solicitor with all my recordings.
Mordengaard,
Bangkok, Thailand,
Oct 2, 2018,

IC Markets is a reliable broker.

IC Markets is a reliable broker.
Tight spreads, good ECN execution and fast withdrawals.
I have a good experience with them.

I don't understand the negative reviews here. Learn to trade before you blame the broker. Sore losers will never learn from their mistakes. It's always easier to blame others.

I recommend IC Markets.
Seleemc,
Bangladesh,
Sep 26, 2018,

I started forex trading in 2012. I traded with different forex brokers until I found IC Markets. I have been trading with ICMarkets.com since 2014. Still, So far I didn't find any problem or any unfair practice with them. Their withdrawal is fast (within 24 hours). Their trade execution is instant and there was never any "re-quote" for my trade. Their ecn account is superb (can be opened with only 200$). The spread for these accounts is only 1-4 pips and their commission is US$7 for each standard (round) lot. Their support is available 24/7. Their support personal Alexis Christophides is unique. If he is on duty you don't have to bother with any kind of hassle. He will solve your issues instantly.
SergeySergey1975,
Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation,
Sep 25, 2018,

Overall one of the best ECN brokers with one small problem

Overall one of the best ECN brokers I've worked with.
Very narrow spreads, in most cases quite fast execution of orders, deposit/ withdrawal of funds without commission, if you make more than 15 lots per month - you can request a free VPS BeeksFX.
But! There is one "but". :)
The company uses a rather outdated technology of order execution - limit orders are executed by the market. This leads to a negative slippage even on limit orders, which is not good, I guess for some trading strategies this is absolutely unacceptable.
In general, everything is fine.
My accounts 456970, 534961, 622475 and still any other.
John11,
Australia,
Sep 21, 2018,

Regarding my review and reply to IC Markets

Regarding your reply below, here are my answer.
You are liar and dishonest broker. You do offer iPhone app. Due to this website policy I could not post the link to your website which asks to download iPhone app. Also if your search in iPhone App Store with word IC Markets cTrader, you will find your app.

My case is with Financial ombudsman and court. You did not resolved the issue and offered any compensation for your fault.

Sep 13, 2018 - 1 Star This is manipulative broker. They hunt for small accounts by widening the spread for few seconds which triggers the stop out. This results in positions being closed by the system due to margin call. I strongly warn about their this practice which resulted in 9000 AUD loss on my side. They did not compensate me for this and Financial ombudsman (FOS) did not help too.

Also their mobile application is terrible with many bugs and freezes quite often, leaving you in trouble. IC Markets updated their mobile app 9 months ago.

Reply by IC Markets submitted Sep 20, 2018 Dear John11,

IC Markets mission is to offer the best trading conditions and infrastructure to our traders and this is what made us the one of the largest Forex Broker in the world with an increasing number of traders embracing our services every day.

Our customer service department tried to locate your specific case but we could not find any tickets about it in our records, as such we would love you to reach us so we can resolve the matter for you.

Regarding the mobile app, we would like to specify that at the moment we do not offer any IC Markets' mobile app. We suspect you are referring to the Metaquotes ‘MetaTrader 4’ app, which indeed has not provided updates for the last 9 months, for this reason we now offer MetaTrader5 also.

We will wait for you to get in contact with our customer service so we can address your specific case.
hewin2005,
jakarta, Indonesia,
Sep 20, 2018,

last week server IC market down , more than 1 hour, but after that , ic markets server recovery again, thanks for your suppport ic markets especially, Mr Aldo,

Sep 14, 2018 - 1 Star right now server ic markets down, I don't know why, may be somebody will tell me , what happen ??? thanks
Shedrack Amobi,
Devon, United Kingdom,
Sep 13, 2018,

I am a computer programmer and professional FX and Cryptocurrency Trader using my own AI, Bot or EA and also I have been a member of FPA for some years now, but I am too busy to participate properly on this platform.

This is my personal honest review based on my positive experience with my ICM ECN MT4 Trading account, which I must say that is second to none and since I started trading with ICM Broker, I have been making profits after profits with my AI, Bot or EA.

I also use ICM ECN as a test for my order ECN brokers, as I seriously believe in spreading my funds around, in order not to be a victim of a failed or would be bankrupt broker that will disappear with my funds. In total I have 10 different ECN trading accounts and I personally prefer ICM ECN as the very best among the rest.