• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Do you recommend gfx-consulting?

BernardD

Recruit
Bonjour,

J'ai été récemment contacté par un cabinet de conseil gfx-consulting qui m'a proposé de trader chez FXCM ou Activtrades?

Je ne sais pas s'il faut me lancer avec eux ou pas? est ce que quelqu'un aurait déja utiliser leur service? il me propose un rendement de 3 à 5% par mois? est-ce possible car je suis plutot nouveau dans le domaine.

merci.

Bernard D :):):):)

I have never heard of or come across this firm, and a google search gave a few company with similar name.

My advice to you is to get their company's full name and details....google search them to learn more about their company and, most important, look for reviews on them by other traders.

Do NOT deposit your money with them until you are 100% satisfied that they are who they claim to be because there are already many cases here (and elsewhere) where funds managers have scam their clients. Such scam cases are very, very difficult and next to impossible to solve.

A company you never heard of contacting you for an investment is a HUGE red flag.

Really good investments get lots of press and word of mouth. They don't need to use cold call telemarketing to find investors.

Hello again,
I took your advice and was very carefull about not to start anything with gfx-consulting as far as I din't have some infos
So I called Activtrades and they said that they know them and are working with them as introducer broker or something like that
So I ended up with a small amount 3000$ and I got to say "so far so good" hope it will continue like that I cross my fingers
They advice me regularly on MT4 Activtrades platform and as today my equity is about 3182$
I will keep you updated in a few months
Thanks again for your help
hope I did a smart move
Bernard D :):)

One or two things will happen now....or both will happen.
1) They will call you to deposit more money to "save" your account....resulting in you losing even more money.
2) You will be starting a potential scam thread against them here soon.....but by then, it will be all too late!

Ok thanks for the warning. I will try to withdraw some money to see if they refund and if they don't give me a hard time.
Bernard D :)

Never let your IB also be your account manager. They could churn your account - making large numbers of pointless trades just to generate IB commissions for themselves.

A forex account manager should not be and IB or broker employee. Compensation should only be based on a percent of the high water mark.

Before letting anyone manage your forex money, read this:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ose-all-your-money-managed-forex-account.html

Hello and thank you for your help. I did my first withdrawal directly trough Activtrades (the broker). There was no problem at all. It took 2 days and the money was in my account. However, I got a phone call from GFX-Consulting right away after asking me that next time that I withdraw, I should inform them first so they will turn off the E.A installed on my platform MT4 24hours before to give time for some trades to close naturally and not by "trade out?" or something like that ( I didn't much understand this part). Anyway, I said ok. Should I worry about this? I mean, why should I call them 1st to let them know that I am about to withdraw MY MONEY? Thanks for your answer and BTW thanks Pharaoh for the article above, very interesting. I will keep you posted :) Bernard D :)

If there are open trades, pulling money out can sometimes cause issues with risk management. Of course, having to call whoever is managing your trades before withdrawing also gives that person a chance to try to talk you out of withdrawing.

Thank you Pharaoh. Gfx-consulting is not managing my account. In fact, they installed a EA on my plateform MT4 and they call me every few days to see how is it working out for me. But anyway, I guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer to see the results. BTW, I also purchased a training package from their site and so far the coach is always on time and respects our ''deal'' so i guess we'll see...
which other broker would you recomend if I needed to compare (besides Activtrades)?
Thank you
Bernard D

Back