Forex EUR/USD Daily Video, August 18, 2023

Stops now at 1.0890 and will probably take remaining profit later today anyway. Very happy with Trade from 1.1050. :cool:
Probably will be nice pullback next week...looking around at other charts i would say including Gold & Silver. :).
Ps. I got a nice short trade on BTC too last night! Quite a drop..! o_O

1692363123189.png
so, do u think it will enter a bullish phase or will that be better to wait until the price line touches the bottom of the channel?

View attachment 86009so, do u think it will enter a bullish phase or will that be better to wait until the price line touches the bottom of the channel?
Market could well continue lower...for a day or 2 next week...but i use 8EMA on Daily chart. If market keeps below it...then just move your Stop Loss along with the Trend....1.08 is my next target..! :cool:

Last edited:
so, do u think it will enter a bullish phase or will that be better to wait until the price line touches the bottom of the channel?

I use quite different approach. For me - we have bearish context and no signs yet of changing sentiment. I do not consider long entry.
Speaking only about your channel, supposedly you should wait for lower border to minimize the risk, if you want to trade it on a long side.

So if I am correct, you are checking candles of 4h or less, am I right?? and also may I ask if you use indicators as well or is it pure price action?
Not, quite. In general you could track my approach to analysis in daily videos. First - we estimate the context and direction on our primary time frame. As a rule - this is daily chart. When we get the direction, we take a look at lower time frames to estimate where it is better point for entry. All trading tools that we use are work together - indicators, patterns, Fib levels, extensions, pivot points, OB/OS analysis, trend direction, candlesticks etc.

Yes, we use some indicators pack - MACD for trend, Detrended Oscillator for overbought/oversold, and Displaced MA's for specific DiNapoli patterns.

That's why, based just on some price shape, as in your example this is channel - I can't say whether we should buy or sell. Because first you have to understand what place this channel takes in overall context.

Since our daily EUR context is bearish - I wouldn't take any long position with this channel, despite that price could bounce from lower border and even show upside action inside of it. Because it contradicts to the Direction, our context. I would use this upside action for short entry instead. Hopefully my explanation is not too confusing. It is big question and it is very difficult to put it in very short explanation.

Context is different depending on your time frame. Say, on daily it could be bearish but on 1H chart it could be bullish. And there is no contradiction, because this is absolutely different time scale. Daily trader uses daily/1H for trading, while 1H trader uses 1H/5min charts. And the place where 1H trader will book the profit from long position, daily trader could take the short position.

Not, quite. In general you could track my approach to analysis in daily videos. First - we estimate the context and direction on our primary time frame. As a rule - this is daily chart. When we get the direction, we take a look at lower time frames to estimate where it is better point for entry. All trading tools that we use are work together - indicators, patterns, Fib levels, extensions, pivot points, OB/OS analysis, trend direction, candlesticks etc.

Yes, we use some indicators pack - MACD for trend, Detrended Oscillator for overbought/oversold, and Displaced MA's for specific DiNapoli patterns.

That's why, based just on some price shape, as in your example this is channel - I can't say whether we should buy or sell. Because first you have to understand what place this channel takes in overall context.

Since our daily EUR context is bearish - I wouldn't take any long position with this channel, despite that price could bounce from lower border and even show upside action inside of it. Because it contradicts to the Direction, our context. I would use this upside action for short entry instead. Hopefully my explanation is not too confusing. It is big question and it is very difficult to put it in very short explanation.

Context is different depending on your time frame. Say, on daily it could be bearish but on 1H chart it could be bullish. And there is no contradiction, because this is absolutely different time scale. Daily trader uses daily/1H for trading, while 1H trader uses 1H/5min charts. And the place where 1H trader will book the profit from long position, daily trader could take the short position.
Thanks for the details, I can say for sure that you have spent quality on developing that strategy.

Back