Forex EUR/USD Daily Video, March 06, 2020

It is really interesting that in this moment 74% traders are short €$ and we are going up.. Maybe this is number of traders not voulume of trades. If so, who needs such information if not so, what the hell is driving ˝market˝?

It is really interesting that in this moment 74% traders are short €$ and we are going up.. Maybe this is number of traders not voulume of trades. If so, who needs such information if not so, what the hell is driving ˝market˝?

Minimax, this is unwind of carry trades - massive sell-off in USD assets, selling USD, buying back EUR and other currencies and payout short-term loans. Additionally, buying gold. People anticipate more rate cut from the Fed and it is no sense to keep US assets any more. 10-year yield below 1% first time in a history and will drop more. Fed is approaching fast to ECB levels... This is not market driving factors. That's why we see irrational behavior across the board.

Minimax, this is unwind of carry trades - massive sell-off in USD assets, selling USD, buying back EUR and other currencies and payout short-term loans. Additionally, buying gold. People anticipate more rate cut from the Fed and it is no sense to keep US assets any more. 10-year yield below 1% first time in a history and will drop more. Fed is approaching fast to ECB levels... This is not market driving factors. That's why we see irrational behavior across the board.

Thank you, Sive, I get it, but what kind of information it is, that 74% traders are short €$ but it goes up? Useless, if this data shows traders, because we people traders are in majority, I suppose, so why dont brokers (Dukas, IGMarkets...) tell volumes of those 74%, maybe is 40%?

Thank you, Sive, I get it, but what kind of information it is, that 74% traders are short €$ but it goes up? Useless, if this data shows traders, because we people traders are in majority, I suppose, so why dont brokers (Dukas, IGMarkets...) tell volumes of those 74%, maybe is 40%?
It is because people do not hold EUR. They are neither hedgers no speculators. They bought it and payout loans. That's all, no impact on existed balance...

Back