FNG and DTS Trade Plans for Week 13, Mar 24 – Mar 30 2013

Hi WT,

Phf actually hard to say anything without a screenshot because I've never experienced misclicks with FNG. So take screenshots please and we can figure out what happened. As I showed my screen looked like this:

The only thing I can think of is that you might have mixed up 'Range From' and 'Range To' cells - but probably you double checked it. You know if you had written 355 into 'Range From' cell then it would have triggered Sell button and that would have closed order panel together with Buy button so even if Buy had also triggered (because 495 would have been in 'Range To') click wouldn't have found the Buy button.

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your quick reply and assistance. I really appreciate your service here with FNG and DTS. Great stuff. Just to respond to your reply, I'm certain that correct values were placed in the right 'Range To' and 'Range From' cells. I actually triple check this before clicking 'OK' on the 'Set Clicks' popup window for FNG client before every applicable news release. I apologize for not including a screenshot in my earlier post, I will include a screenshot if another problem arises in future. Love your service Peter, cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
misfire

Similar happened to me. *I noticed that my settings were saved to two news; NHS and RFI. *I tryed to erase it from the RFI but it was also saved there the second time. *Then of course when the numbers came a sell signal was triggered for the RFI. I was not thinking when I decided to keep this going. I have loaded the FNG since then to try and nothing wrong happens. So this is rather ghostly

Similar situation here: the FNG fired off a EURCAD / USDCAD straddle but I had set the FNG like the picture not the words.
Trades went sour both ways as the setup was incorrect. The picture, if the S/W is same as mine, shows the "X" value to the left for a "SELL" in row 1 and to the right for a "BUY" in row 2.

Similar plot is setting up for tomorrows USDCAD news release. This time I'm going to set up by the words and not the picture (grin)

Rick

looking at other releases it appears that the first row is always a sell & second a buy
for the cad releases this seems to be reversed
could it be that simple?

Don't care about 'Click Location X' and 'Click Location Y' - these are local coordinates plus many times I use other method than regular order panel. So follow text Buy/Sell descriptions and 'Range From' and 'Range To' values. Meanwhile thanks for the feedback, I try to make screenshots according to MT4 Sell by market/Left and Buy by market/Right locations.

And first row is Sell only if release figure below the lower value weakens base currency against counter currency and vice versa.
If CAD GDP becomes lower than -0.2 then CAD weakens against USD so USDCAD gains. This is why first row gets Buy button. But if you decide to trade CADJPY with this release that reverses button order.

Back