FNG and DTS Trade Plans for Week 28, Jul 7 – Jul 13 2013

Its a nightmare for me, broker filled me up at 0.9266 buy, right at the top of the spike. What price did u get filled at?

It was @0.9253 but it was so fast closed with 2 pips profit because my EA moved SL to BE+2 pips after 15 pips and SL was hit. I entered manually now and profit already 26 pips.

Its a nightmare for me, broker filled me up at 0.9266 buy, right at the top of the spike. What price did u get filled at?

I was also filled badly at 0.926250 at 9:30:05 (9:30pm and 5 seconds). The news data in FNG appeared about 4~5 seconds after 9:30:00. With such delay, the spike was already very high up and it was filled badly for the same reason. Anyone have same problem?

I'm trading in a virtual private server in the US, and the ping is only 31ms. So it should not be a network delay problem.

Maybe Peter can give some advice? Thanks in advance.

Most of the time I don't care if the number comes out at :05 because AU and NZ releases have some inaccuracy in timing (and JP). However, we are about to move our servers to a better data center because I've already experienced similar results (more frequently with AU and NZ news). I let you know when we have a new location.

Most of the time I don't care if the number comes out at :05 because AU and NZ releases have some inaccuracy in timing (and JP). However, we are about to move our servers to a better data center because I've already experienced similar results (more frequently with AU and NZ news). I let you know when we have a new location.

Hi Peter, thanks for the positive response. I want to say I do appreciate your work here. Keep it up!

I actually have 2 more questions about trading with FNG:

1) The expected figure in FNG is sometimes different from that in the trading calendar in this website. In this case of AUD Employment Change, the FNG showed forecast of 0, while the trading calendar show -2.5k. Which one should we use to calculate the trigger points?

2) Do you set any stop loss when trading with FNG? And how would you set it? say fixed 20 pips, or the low of prev n 1 min bars, etc.?

Thanks again! Looking forward to the server relocation.

Hi Peter, thanks for the positive response. I want to say I do appreciate your work here. Keep it up!

I actually have 2 more questions about trading with FNG:

1) The expected figure in FNG is sometimes different from that in the trading calendar in this website. In this case of AUD Employment Change, the FNG showed forecast of 0, while the trading calendar show -2.5k. Which one should we use to calculate the trigger points?

2) Do you set any stop loss when trading with FNG? And how would you set it? say fixed 20 pips, or the low of prev n 1 min bars, etc.?

Thanks again! Looking forward to the server relocation.

Hi marcuskay,

Actually you can use whichever figure you'd like. There are several sources out there (news agencies use somewhat different expert groups for their surveys) so sometimes I use a kind of average. Usually the difference is very small - like in this case where the trigger is 20k.

Usually I don't use s/l from the beginning (mostly because of sell trades vs. spreads) but sometimes it's useful in case of partialling. If trend seems strong enough stops may come in later on for riding the second or third wave with the half of the initial lot size. However, it's more like a combination of FNG and DTS, and DTS plans have s/l anyway.

Peter

Back