• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-Goldmine.net

General discussions of a financial company
PipStrider v1.31 Demo

I started using PipStrider and changed from the recommended pairs to the EURUSD. I have been playing around with the settings to optimize it for this pair. My results for the last four weeks ending today (Dec 9, 2011), in a very volatile forex market, have resulted in a profit of over $2k using a lot size of 0.1 as the starting lot size. I fully expected the EA to crash and burn and blow-up my account but it has proven to me so far in a very volatile market that with the right settings it can be very profitable. So far it hasn't traded out past 4 trades using the Only After and Expander Settings that I have it set to.

My suggestion is try it and if anyone wants the settings I am using let me know... It really is working... so far

I'm also using PipStrider after demoing and backtesting some EAs, i think its very promising. Am running it live now on EUR/USD, AUD/CAD, GBP/USD seem to have some very good settings for each of these pairs.. it has an expanding grid feature and disrupter feature where it looks to close trade without much or any profit if the draw down is getting high which allows it to be run a little more aggressively in my limited experience. also looks to have a good trade direction indicator built in rather than the old method of trading/hedging both directions. I'm liking it quite a bit so far but have no experience with the other goldmine EAs. Good luck!

The martingale strategy does not reduce risk. Only when you have the big capital. For some time everyone will understand it.

pipstrider System | Myfxbook

Deposits: $1000.00
Balance: $1933.20
Equity:(39.47%) $762.97 !!!

I expect that this account long not survive.

Looks like you are running 4 pairs at once with who knows what settings... i did quite a bit of back testing and yes it is very sensitive to the settings per pair and yes you need enough capital.. you shouldn't have more than one pair running on the small account IMO. so yes your account will crash. i have an overloaded demo going with 3 pairs and GBP/USD ran into trouble and margined out, saw it coming and set it to monitor and close mode since i'm not sold on pound anyway after testing, but it didn't retrace in time. that wiped out the 30+% gain from the previous month but its clicking away still and positive again 10% overall after a couple of weeks as i still have it running with EUR/USD and AUD/CAD.

I would recommend using the expand pips and disrupter levels settings and back testing and then running forward test demos, if you want to run many pairs at once maybe you can get a $50k demo account. then do analysis on each pair to see how the settings are doing.. or just run AUD/CAD only at the latest recommended settings from goldmine (i modified slightly for myself).

If the account is big enough to handle the big sudden moves that get it stuck waiting on a retracement, things should be good.. from my investigations i'm seeing the biggest issue is that it can get 'stuck' for a while maybe even a month or more waiting on a retracement which should eventually come along :) but more than a few days is rare.

PipStrider

I started using PipStrider and changed from the recommended pairs to the EURUSD. I have been playing around with the settings to optimize it for this pair. My results for the last four weeks ending today (Dec 9, 2011), in a very volatile forex market, have resulted in a profit of over $2k using a lot size of 0.1 as the starting lot size. I fully expected the EA to crash and burn and blow-up my account but it has proven to me so far in a very volatile market that with the right settings it can be very profitable. So far it hasn't traded out past 4 trades using the Only After and Expander Settings that I have it set to.

My suggestion is try it and if anyone wants the settings I am using let me know... It really is working... so far

Hello my friend , I am demoing pip strider and wondered if you could share the settings that are working for you.

Kind regards,
Reza

Back