• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hello MechTech63.

Thanks for the interesting idea that I'd like to try... can you please tell me what value you normally have for your GMT Offset, so I can calculate what +1, +7 and +9 translate into, relative to my own local GMT Offset?

Micutzu... I'm interested in hearing more about your strategy, as well.

Thank you both.

Hello MechTech63.

Thanks for the interesting idea that I'd like to try... can you please tell me what value you normally have for your GMT Offset, so I can calculate what +1, +7 and +9 translate into, relative to my own local GMT Offset?

Micutzu... I'm interested in hearing more about your strategy, as well.

Thank you both.

Let's see...GMT settings. Well, I live in the USA in the Pacific Standard, my broker is FXDD with is +3 GMT. This is set as a standard in Megadroid. So that trade window opens at 2:00pm, which is at 00:00 according to the time at the bottom of the MT4 chart. So the GMT offsets are +1, wgich is 2 hours before the standard GMT, that makes it noon PST.

I'm guessing the offsets are based on your broker offset from the GMT. Mine is +3, but shoes as 0.0 in the properties, because MD has this under automatic control. So whatever your broker offset is, go 2 hours brfore that and for the others, +7 and +9 from that. Sorry if I pound out so much detail. I'm kinda working this out as I type, because I have just recently discovered this.

I'm open to any suggestions or critiques on my thinking, so feel free to add any inputs.

cheers,

FXDD offset is currently +3 , until the end of Oct when the world goes back to standard time, at which time it will be +2. Your broker may be different, so compare your brokers time to GMT to find your current offset. It doesnt matter where you live, what matters is what time your broker is on.

GMT: Greenwich Mean Time - World Time / Time in every Time Zone

The default offset in MD is 0, with Auto GMT Offset ON. Which will calculate it for you. The calculated offset number should show on the screen.

By default MD trades from 9-11pm GMT.

The idea is to manualy change the offset to get MD to trade other hours. Turn OFF the Auto GMT Offset, and place a manual setting. If you subtract time it will trade earlier, if you add time it will trade later.

Be careful MD is designed to trade during the flat hours. Subtracting 2 from your GMT offset, FXDD +1, is still a safe period. This gives you a 4 hour trading window similar to FAPT. Adding 4 and 6 to your GMT offset, FXDD +7 and +9, places you in the Asian session, close to the start of the European session. This still appears to be a fairly smooth period, but it could be problematic, especialy if you have difficulty monitoring open trades as we approach the European open.

I dont know exactly what the Advanced Droid Tactics that DonnaForex and others are using are, but this appears to be close to their settings.

FXDD offset is currently +3 , until the end of Oct when the world goes back to standard time, at which time it will be +2. Your broker may be different, so compare your brokers time to GMT to find your current offset. It doesnt matter where you live, what matters is what time your broker is on.

GMT: Greenwich Mean Time - World Time / Time in every Time Zone

The default offset in MD is 0, with Auto GMT Offset ON. Which will calculate it for you. The calculated offset number should show on the screen.

By default MD trades from 9-11pm GMT.

The idea is to manualy change the offset to get MD to trade other hours. Turn OFF the Auto GMT Offset, and place a manual setting. If you subtract time it will trade earlier, if you add time it will trade later.

Be careful MD is designed to trade during the flat hours. Subtracting 2 from your GMT offset, FXDD +1, is still a safe period. This gives you a 4 hour trading window similar to FAPT. Adding 4 and 6 to your GMT offset, FXDD +7 and +9, places you in the Asian session, close to the start of the European session. This still appears to be a fairly smooth period, but it could be problematic, especialy if you have difficulty monitoring open trades as we approach the European open.

I dont know exactly what the Advanced Droid Tactics that DonnaForex and others are using are, but this appears to be close to their settings.

Well said Ken. Also, thanks for the heads up on the daylight savings time.

Very much noob!

Hi there all I was just wondering some ideas on which bot would be better for a real complete noob FAPTurbo or Megadroid and has good results? And does anyone have any suggestions for a good brooker with either of those bots as i would be evenutally open a very small micro account and dont know if it matters but am also located in australia?

thanks everyone for your input :D

Hi there all I was just wondering some ideas on which bot would be better for a real complete noob FAPTurbo or Megadroid and has good results? And does anyone have any suggestions for a good brooker with either of those bots as i would be evenutally open a very small micro account and dont know if it matters but am also located in australia?

thanks everyone for your input :D

MegaDroid can be run reliably on its default settings, with very few adjustments. FAPT cant. FAPT can be more profitable. It trades more often, and more pairs, but tends to hit losing trades more often too. Also I wouldnt run it on the default settings.

MegaDroid can be run reliably on its default settings, with very few adjustments. FAPT cant. FAPT can be more profitable. It trades more often, and more pairs, but tends to hit losing trades more often too. Also I wouldnt run it on the default settings.

Thanks for your input ken as reading the forums i was starting to make that assumption myself also so for a first timer i think i shall start with megadroid being a safer option. Would you or anyone else have any recommendations for a good broker to use with MD and would it matter if i went with a US broker if i live in australia or would i be better off with a local broker?

Thanks for everyones help Sam :cute:

Thanks for your input ken as reading the forums i was starting to make that assumption myself also so for a first timer i think i shall start with megadroid being a safer option. Would you or anyone else have any recommendations for a good broker to use with MD and would it matter if i went with a US broker if i live in australia or would i be better off with a local broker?

Thanks for everyones help Sam :cute:

Sam, Any of the larger forex brokers should be ok. Avoid NFA regulated brokers for now, the NFA is causing problems with MetaTrader and its probably best to avoid them. I'm using FXDD with no problems, but there are many others equally good.

Dont expect a lot from MegaDroid. The most noticable thing about it is it doesnt trade very often. It can go days, or even weeks without trading. And then sometimes it trades every day.

Back