• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
The risk level is 0.4. No changes are required to an EA for using it with ATCBrokers. There are several good ECN brokers out there and ATC is one of them.

0.4 as in 40% risk ? did you mistype it? I think default was 0.05 (5%), so you are using 0.4 ? I thought you'd be on a much lower risk due to the performance since April

0.4 as in 40% risk ? did you mistype it? I think default was 0.05 (5%), so you are using 0.4 ? I thought you'd be on a much lower risk due to the performance since April
This risk level was suggested to me by the MegaDroid customer support. I did not dare to ignore their suggestion and certainly do not regret my decision. :)

Megadroid

Im also running another EA with Megadroid now which is also trading with EURUSD. The other one started about 2 weeks ago and between them they made $423 with an equity of around $5500 during the past 30 days.

Eurusd

$543 now for 30 days. The other EA just hit a $120 trade. No losses on either with EURUSD the past 30 days. The last loss it made was on 28 September with - $13 Then 8 September -$2.80. Ok on 12 and 18 August ,which was the other only two losses for the past 4 months, it lost $527.80. But that's long forgotten and has fully recovered. And now its steaming ahead. And I know you all would like to know what the other EA is. It is a fantastic piece of equipment called Pallada (v 2009) by Tradeways. This part is basically a trade signal generator and its incredible. Then I added the Automatic EA which is done by another company but you can buy it as a set as well. On this account I only auto trade. No manipulation or manual exits or entries etc.

Last edited:
PIPS

When it comes to this kind of EA pips are not important as $ & % because the EA does full money management. Better than any human being. So the % gain is maybe more important. It looks at the risk of a trade as well as the past losses and the equity available and then decide on the lot value. We cant do it as fast and as accurate. So will adapt lots as needed. But Megadroid and Pallada EA-V1 made 182 pips since 5 August. I have to add that it stood still for about 2 weeks when I was away during Oct. Pallada Contributed 15 of the 182 pips on 3 trades since 10 November 2009. The total loss which only Megadroid had was 92 pips total leaving a profit of 90 pips total. And I can see the recovery curve is impressive. See the ATC curves on this forum of another trader after a loss. Megadroid really has intelligence of note and I really have no connections with them. I don't get that feeling with many other EA's. So far so good. I will keep you posted

Many people like to ask about the numbers of pips, without realizing that its pretty meaningless. We can make the same profits with 20 pips as we can with 200, just by varrying our position size and maintaining a risk level. The real concern with this new EA, and any EA, is the risk. Both in terms of risk reward ratios and win loss ratios.

MegaDroid, although it has a very high risk ratio, also has a very high win ratio, and has proven its ability to recover well from losses. However, when MegaDroid is set to the aggressive mode it has the capability to open two trades at once, both with the same risk, basically doubling the current risk. Also, if you have the Recovery mode on, and lose a trade it will double the position size and the associated risk in an attempt to recover the losses quickly. If you run a very large risk in an attempt to make more money quicker, and lose several consecutive trades, which it has done in backtesting, the results could be devastating... Combining a very high risk setting with both the Aggressive mode and the Recovery mode on is a dangerous setup, it can work for a time, but all it takes is one bad spell to wipe out the account. If you do this, I would recomend doing it as an income generator rather than for growth. Using a high risk account and maintaining the account balance by removing any profits as they occur. In this way any profits are secured, and can still add up quickly, but if the account does blow up only the initial risk capital is lost. Then you can intentionaly increase your account size as you are ready to accept those loss possibilities.

If you like the Pallada EA, start a seperate review thread for it. It seems interesting, but there are still many questions, especially at $250 with no refunds.

Back