• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
ok, for this I have to run an demo account because I did not found their MT4 for instant download.
As I saw they are at British Virgin Islands so MD is trading during their afternoon/evening hours? So a rollover is possible but mostly will not used. Is this right?

And thank you about the market tab to use for getting the brokers info for his pairs, I did not know that one. Great.

always good trading

Dirk,

Where they are located has nothing to do with rollover. Rollover occurs at the end of NY session for all brokers. The rates are different on every broker, with most using them as an added source of commision, basically adding a spread onto the rollover, so they always get a little extra. The problem is, there's no consistancy, and they rarely seem to align with the listed bank rates.

The data from May to July is not missing. That is a personal computer error that has happened to me many times on different time periods during backtesting and downloading data. Generally it comes back after a weekend, but occaisionaly I've had to reload a new platform. This is why I only backtest on my demo accounts and dont mess with the live accounts.

I minute data is fine for most purposes. Its not perfect, but it gives you a fairly accurate idea. All we really want to do is see the differences between optimizations. And yes, anytime we're trying to capture 10-15 pips profit out of the nighttime range, a 0.5-2 pip difference in the spread is incredible. However between my demo testing on FXCM 2.5 pip spread, FXDD 2 pip spread, and ATC 0.8 pip spread with a 0.8 pip commision, I dont see that much difference on a day to day basis. On backtests it does show a difference, and overall I prefer FXDD of these three because the spread is very consistant, on FXCM and ATC the spread varries and changes a lot, which can cause entry and exit problems that wont show up in backtesting. and I dont like ATC's commision structure when half of our trades close at breakeven (+1 pip). If it was still available in the US I would consider FxPro for the best spreads.

Ivan, perhaps it depends on what broker and time period your doing your testing on. Please test thoroughly and make your own decisions. And yes, I had, Aggressive mode TRUE, NFA mode TRUE, Recovery mode FALSE. This prevented it from opening multiple orders simultaneously, or doubling position size, and allowed me to run a maximum position size all the time. If you run Aggressive ON, NFA False, Recovery True, you need to run a much smaller position size to prevent a margin call. Remember this means the system can both double the position size and open 2 orders simultaneously, thereby quadrupling your risk. These Martingale style strategies can work fine, untill the one time they dont and they wipe out your entire account.

This new platform is something created by the FAP-T team (if I'm correct), intending to compete with MT4 and host Forex Bulletproof, their new EA designed to be ultra safe, and conservative. There were a few Beta testers there who impressed me, but this is all marketing copy, and these people were bribed, hired, persuaded to do this testing because of their prominent names in the Forex industry. Unfortunately we're already stating to see all the usual affiliate hacks promoting this system. Is it really as good as they say? Or is it just more marketing and sales hype, at a likely higher price without the easy refund? I would wait at least a year on both their platform and their EA, and let some other suckers do the testing. Just consider the sources this information comes from, the style and effort put into the marketing scheme, the intense build up that is coming, the number of affiliate hacks already piling on to this sales and marketing pitch. The whole thing is too well polished, coming from the biggest and most successful Forex marketers, telling people exactly what they want to hear right now. Its all just a little too perfect, it reeks of it.
Does anyone use the broker ATC with a live account ie real $$? I would like to know if you get the same trades as the MD team which also uses ATC? Also, their lot sizes must come from a much higher risk than using 30% risk. It is certainly not the lowest risk level as they claim. This sort of trickery is disappointing from a team that otherwise seems honest.

Does anyone use the broker ATC with a live account ie real $$? I would like to know if you get the same trades as the MD team which also uses ATC? Also, their lot sizes must come from a much higher risk than using 30% risk. It is certainly not the lowest risk level as they claim. This sort of trickery is disappointing from a team that otherwise seems honest.

Yes, I've gotten the same trades as the MD team and I'm on ATC. I believe the manual states they are using 30% risk, not minimum. The lot sizes increase as your account balance increases.

Thanks Ken

Dirk,

Where they are located has nothing to do with rollover. Rollover occurs at the end of NY session for all brokers. The rates are different on every broker, with most using them as an added source of commision, basically adding a spread onto the rollover, so they always get a little extra. The problem is, there's no consistancy, and they rarely seem to align with the listed bank rates.

always great to get answers from you. So I again learned a piece of the cake.

always good trading

and another

one from PT:

After thinking a bit about the MD trading questions here is my take:

1.Shifting trading hours was a major change in the trading concept of this expert. Especially after a more volatile equity session in the US, that is a much riskier undertaking, because equity traders might liquidate their currency overhangs in the last US market hour and will cause MD to take false entries.

2.If i recall right, the MD code does not allow for a change in trading direction in a session. I have not confirmed that yet, but it was in the code i have seen and is also consistent with the original concept.(True per engine=5 min could take opposite 15 min, but no change in each TF in a session).
That can lead to a problem, because the direction of the GMT 20h is many times changing after the rollover.

3.Trying to recover previous losses by manually interfering with the trades, was never a good idea, unless one has done extensive backtests and can prove a substantial performance increase.
Experience shows, that all desperate efforts to forcast the trades will eventually lead to worse results overall.

4.Instead some more testing on a small live or a Demo account is necessary for 1.3 version.
Remember, that 1.21 worked great all the past and even the last month.

5.Risking 30%(risk 0.3) of the account in a single trade was never and will not be a great idea, especially not with 1.3 version.
An experienced trader knows, that markets are more volatile during the peak summer months until US Labour day, because of holiday season.

and another

one.... one guy mostly closes his trades manually.... he says:

In analyzing the trades so far with 1.30, the 2 losing days of trading in August initially opened trades just after 4 pm EDT. The break even trades that barely made a pip, also opened at the same time. However, Recovery True then opened additional trades after 5 pm when the 1st trade was a loser.

I thought of shutting down MD each evening and turning it back on at 5 pm EDT, the trading time of 1.21, with Recovery False, Short trades only, as a solution to the 4 pm risky hour, and eliminating those long trades that go on forever with break even.

I still am certain that manually shutting down a trade once it reaches a certain point is best to close out a bad trade. I've seen it go down over 4-5% and not recovering, unless someone else knows differently? I understand this is not advised, however watching MD trade every time, you see a pattern. Those trades that went over 4-5% down continued going down and never recovered.

When a trade is going to break even, it generally starts out well, and then goes negative and over 0 a few times, the upper limit not as high as previously until it breaks even.

and PT answered:

I strongly advocate to look at more than just a few trades, before guessing.

In addition version with 1.3 traders might miss out trades, which 1.21 version takes, because logic will recalculate indicators from the original starting time, even though the system was switched off.

That is a given, if trade direction after 21GMT changes for the same TF!

All recovery mode does is double the lotsize, but not producing additional trades.

Aggressive= true gives additional trades on the 5 min TF, which are more risky, because 5 min TF is more noisy=more false entries.

Trading this method on 5 min TF before 21GMT(roll) is very risky.(source: Result table of ADT)

NFA=false allows trades to open in opposite directions, but only one on each of the two different timeframes.

Be careful trading next week:

-Monday is Labour day in the US and US traders are away from their desks

-Many European desks are coming back from long summer vacation

The first days might present extra volatility.

Last edited:
I've had no problems, and no losses, running v1.21 on conservative (Aggressive False) Mode this summer. This seems to filter for volitility and not trade at all unless things are calm enough. Also, closing trades manualy is a very fair idea, many times I've locked in less than the full pip amount by closing a trade, sometimes its not worth the risk of waiting and hoping for the last pip.

I am now running Aggressive False all the time. It may trade less, but this does limit it to one trade at a time, and other trading on the same pair wont interfere with it. I am also considering switching to a fixed lot size since their risk adjuster doesnt take the actual risk by stop loss into account, 50-150 pips, and I would like to know exactly what I am risking.

I will not run v1.3 on my live account simply because of the shift in time. The beauty of Megadroid was its conservative nature and high win rate.

I believe the ATC account that Megadroid.com posts is PipBusters old demo account from when he began, maybe he can confirm this. I dont think it is a live account, it never shows any rollover. And it is running a 30% risk setting.

Dirk, what forum are the posts from PT on? I like what he says and would like to check it out..

hi Ken

will give you a private message for this because i put the url in and they moderate the posting so I do not know if they allow it

Yes, I've gotten the same trades as the MD team and I'm on ATC. I believe the manual states they are using 30% risk, not minimum. The lot sizes increase as your account balance increases.
Thanks littlepips,

unfortunately ATC wont accept accounts from Australia. They have some arrangement with FXCM. I get about 30% of the trades you get at ATC, and this is about the same as what other public accounts are getting using eg Alpari. There is a WendL there whose results I have analysed as follows:Alpari (WendyL) gets about 30% less trades, and half the profit in pips.

Period: 13/7/09-10/6/10
wendyL: 113 tr, 320 pips
web Meg: 132 tr, 700 pips

Cheers,

Aspro

Back