• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hi,

MD did something I haver never seen it done before. I've never seen it place a buy stop, it actually it placed 2 of them today and canceled them before they were executed.

This was in FX Pro. I've never seen it do this in FX Primus ECN before. In FX Primus it simply buys and sells at market.

Just changed my FX Primus account to a normal fixed spread account from the ECN account. Will now be able to compare it with FX Pro to see how it performs.

I have never, ever, seen MD do this. Did this show up in your Trade History as a cancelled order? Are you sure this was MegaDroid trading on the EURUSD?

I havent bothered to check out the Leo Trader hype. I seem to have built up a serious aversion to Forex hype, and the people who constantly pump it in my e-mail (it all goes to the Junk folder and I pick through it from there). Every now and then I willingly submit myself to some piece of Forex marketing, but like trading, the most risk (time is money) comes from jumping in early on promises and hype. Simply waiting patiently and letting others take that risk, and watching for confirmation and ongoing confirmed results is a surer path.

I have never, ever, seen MD do this. Did this show up in your Trade History as a cancelled order? Are you sure this was MegaDroid trading on the EURUSD?

I havent bothered to check out the Leo Trader hype. I seem to have built up a serious aversion to Forex hype, and the people who constantly pump it in my e-mail (it all goes to the Junk folder and I pick through it from there). Every now and then I willingly submit myself to some piece of Forex marketing, but like trading, the most risk (time is money) comes from jumping in early on promises and hype. Simply waiting patiently and letting others take that risk, and watching for confirmation and ongoing confirmed results is a surer path.

Hi Guys, sorry false alarm. Those buy stops were placed by me to verify my trading privilege access for My fxbook. When I looked at the time the orders were placed it was out of sync with MD's usual trading hours and just remembered it was me that did those buy stops. :embarrassed:

Thought it was MD cos I only have MD trading eurusd in that account.

Does the broker know when trading with a Robot?

I was just wondering, do the brokers understand that a trader is using a robot?
Are there brokers that wouldn't allow it for some reason?

I was on a live chat with my broker asking a question on the trading activity and I mentioned that I am planning to plly an EA on my live account.
They asked me to inform them which EA I am planning to use so that they can activate it.:eek:oh:

Is that the case or is there something suspicious about it????

The broker can read the comments column like anyone else who sees your account activity. They can determine an EA is trading by the reference number it uses to keep track of its trades, and any writen comments that might identify it. Megadroid recomends changing the reference number regularly so the broker has a harder time identifying it. This might be helpful on a large account, but I dont bother. My account is small enough to be totaly insignificant to them. I dont change the reference numbers and I list it as Megadroid in the comments for my own conveinience, I also run with stealth mode off so I can see my stops and targets.
The broker has nothing to do with activating your EA. Thats up to you and the developer. They might need to activate your EA if you got it through them, otherwise its none of their business. Ask them what they're talking about.

I thought so!

The broker can read the comments column like anyone else who sees your account activity. They can determine an EA is trading by the reference number it uses to keep track of its trades, and any writen comments that might identify it. Megadroid recomends changing the reference number regularly so the broker has a harder time identifying it. This might be helpful on a large account, but I dont bother. My account is small enough to be totaly insignificant to them. I dont change the reference numbers and I list it as Megadroid in the comments for my own conveinience, I also run with stealth mode off so I can see my stops and targets.
The broker has nothing to do with activating your EA. Thats up to you and the developer. They might need to activate your EA if you got it through them, otherwise its none of their business. Ask them what they're talking about.

Thanks for the explanation Ken.
I really found that very strange to be asked from the broker which EA I am planning to use.

3 days no trades?

I am still wondering if I did something wrong. I wrote to their support, (which was really excellent and fast BTW) and sent them the image of my MT4. Their answer was that everything seemed to be ok. There were no false reports in the journal as well.

Did you have any trades in this week?

I am still wondering if I did something wrong. I wrote to their support, (which was really excellent and fast BTW) and sent them the image of my MT4. Their answer was that everything seemed to be ok. There were no false reports in the journal as well.

Did you have any trades in this week?

I had a single trade with one of my brokers on Monday, for a 10 pip gain. Nothing this week with my other broker, same settings. Fine distinctions make a difference with this EA, apparently. It trades infrequently, in any case.

Thanks

I had a single trade with one of my brokers on Monday, for a 10 pip gain. Nothing this week with my other broker, same settings. Fine distinctions make a difference with this EA, apparently. It trades infrequently, in any case.

Thanks hyper!

I know now that you have to be very patient with this Robot.
On how many platforms are you using it?
Do you trade live with it?

Thanks hyper!

I know now that you have to be very patient with this Robot.
On how many platforms are you using it?
Do you trade live with it?

I'm trading it on a couple of platforms; I've traded with it live with these and others for about 10 months. A rather steady winner with each of them, so far, but the aggressive setting has started to get dangerous for me over the past 3 months. You might want to avoid it.

This is the first EA that I tried. It's the only one that I have any confidence in, and I've researched or tried many, many others.

Great help, thanks

I'm trading it on a couple of platforms; I've traded with it live with these and others for about 10 months. A rather steady winner with each of them, so far, but the aggressive setting has started to get dangerous for me over the past 3 months. You might want to avoid it.

This is the first EA that I tried. It's the only one that I have any confidence in, and I've researched or tried many, many others.

I am now installing it on three demo accounts with different providers on a VPS together with ForexMorningTrade.
Since FMT is trading once a day and MD 2-3 times a week, the risk with the DD is not high I suppose (at least as far as it concerns the number of open trades).
I need to gather some experience and understand how MD works.
I am looking to try out also a more active EA. Any suggestions from you?

Back