Forex Trading Signal 10-21-2009

Sir Pipsalot

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey folks,

I don't have as much time for a comprehensive signal today, but I'll try to cover everything briefly. The picture on the EU and GU is getting mixed, so my stance is a little more neutral now than bullish as it has been. Stocks have shown some initial signs of a top by breaking an aggresive trendline support, so I've decided to exit my longs there and take an initial stab at a short. A more clear trade will come with more confirmation though.

In news Tuesday we saw low US PPI figures actually lead towards USD/JPY weakness about as much as we expected. An expected but very dovish Bank of Canada tone really lit the USD/CAD on fire with a big fairly steady move of 210 pips over 2 1/2 hours. MUCH more than I expected. In news Wednesday:

0430 BoE Minutes - This one is difficult to preview as there is not much of a number to report. Out of the minutes though, any signs that they are looking to increase Quantitative Easing (QE) at the next meeting are a big GBP/USD negative, and any signs they are going to end their QE program at the next meeting will be a big GBP/USD positive. How far it moves is dependent upon how clear the language is.

2200 Chinese Real GDP YoY (9.0% expected) - This one will likely have an effect across the board on risk appetite and/or risk aversion. Keep in mind we're also getting Chinese CPI, PPI, IP, and Retail Sales data, so some big conflicts should probably keep you out to be safe. A big surprise here would probably lead to a clear AUD/USD and AUD/JPY move but typically it takes it's time and doesn't make much of a spike.
If it comes out at 9.2% or higher, AUD/USD and AUD/JPY should rally 30-50 pips over the course of 1-3 hours.
If it comes out at 8.8% or lower, AUD/USD and AUD/JPY should fall 30-50 pips over the course of 1-3 hours.

As far as running the Diamonds room is concerned, I've spoken with Felix about it and we've come to an agreement where I will continue to run the Diamonds room until a suitable successor is found. I'll keep you guys updated on the situation here, but it looks like Diamonds isn't going anywhere!

TRADE LIVE WITH Forex Diamonds FOR $39.00 FOR 2 WEEKS
Sir Pipsalot has a live trading room, in which he trades these news reports. There, he shares his trades in real time, including exact entries and exits, and detailed explanation for every entry and exit. The service costs $299 per month, but we have a 14-days $39.00 trial. Go to Forex Diamonds and take advantage of this offer. This offer is for NEW customers only.
To our success,
Sir Pipsalot

Last edited:
Signals update: Oct 22, 09

GBP/USD Buy @ 1.6600 - SL: 1.6450 - TP: OPEN

Happy trading.

FXDM

Back