Peter O

Special Consultant to the FPA

What is news trading? How does forex news trading work?

Forex News Trading can be extremely profitable if you have an understanding of fundamental analysis and have access to low latency forex trading software. Sounds too complex or expensive? Do not worry, Forex Peace Army analyst will help you to identify high-probability tradable economic news reports and advise on the trading strategy. Best of all: Forex News Gun - automated forex trading software is free for all. You find all details on Forex News Gun forum and if you want make pips easier you can find additional tools at Forex Tactical Squad.

-–––———————————————————————————————————–––-

--–––––——————————————————————————————————————–––––--

Forex News Gun Trade Plan

Canada Employment Change - 8:30am NY time (Friday, July 11)

--–––––————————————————————–––––--​

Traded pairExpected figureDeviation trigger
CADJPY26.5 (k)±20.0 (k)
BuyCADJPYif actual figure is or is above46.5 (k)
SellCADJPYif actual figure is or is below6.5 (k)

Expected move during first 30 minutes after the release is 30 pips or more.

Review historical charts where the same deviation of at least 20.0 (k) occurred:

Canada Employment Change history of charts.

To review Forex News Gun step by step trade plan go to weekly detailed posts.

--–––––————— FNG Configuration —————–––––--

Release name in FNG client: STCA Canada Net Change in Labo

Clicks: first row is for Sell CADJPY button, second one is for Buy CADJPY button:

--–––––——————————————————————————————————————–––––--​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Peter,
I have just started using FNG but to my surprise when I wanted to trade Canadian Employment news,I put all the necessary parameters but the trade failed to implement.
My questions are:
1,what do u think could responsible for this ?
2,or what are d likely mistake that could made it failed to initiate my trade...do i need to highlight the news am trading?
3,Can any broker disable FNG not to work at all......?
Thanks as I hope to read from you and other members soon.

Thank you Peter this one triggered and got some pips, awesome! love it :)

Hello Peter,
I have just started using FNG but to my surprise when I wanted to trade Canadian Employment news,I put all the necessary parameters but the trade failed to implement.
My questions are:
1,what do u think could responsible for this ?
2,or what are d likely mistake that could made it failed to initiate my trade...do i need to highlight the news am trading?
3,Can any broker disable FNG not to work at all......?
Thanks as I hope to read from you and other members soon.

You don't need to highlight, it should work when you see that the click is loaded. Brokers can't block FNG and clicks so you should see something in the platform. Have you tested clicks after setting? (Q&A section)

The other thing I can imagine that your pc pulled up some window on the top of the platform while you were away and that window got the click.

Back