• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexHippo.com (Matt Robinson)

General discussions of a financial company
active hippo...

2 trades opened,
AUDUSD Long 0.98881
USDJPY Short 82.552

let´s go http://www.hscripts.com/freeimages/icons/wild-animals/hippopotamus/hippotamus-clipart38.gif hippo.....

Last edited by a moderator:
2 trades opened,
AUDUSD Long 0.98881
USDJPY Short 82.552

let´s go http://www.hscripts.com/freeimages/icons/wild-animals/hippopotamus/hippotamus-clipart38.gif hippo.....

Dirk,USDJPY worth to look at?I got EURJPY with H.

Last edited by a moderator:
yo Hippo yo

my 2nd Aussie Trade closed with a gain of 27.4 pips........
USDJPY is still open with gain :)

UPDATE : USDJPY closed with a gain of 18 pips....

so my Hippo is very
hippotamus-clipart38.gif
today....

always good trading

Last edited:
4 me

it was a great great week. My account I brought into red with my first hippo trade (EURGBP-manually closed :shocked:) recovered very well :) and the Aussie worked too. Very nice. Big Thank You to Ken for backtesting the Aussie and his recommendation about the filters. Good feeling to have the Hippo on board.
My new Business is at the start, there is still a lot of paperwotk to do but my first contact is a big one with great range of investors he is managing/knowing. And great knowledge of investment things. And he´s willing to test all this with MD and The Hippo on board. Think his account will be ready to go next week.
Looks damn good because my account is now up 4.2%, this month for 10.65%.....
without the -4.5% (first trade, EURGBP recoverd at FPA demo :shocked: and I closed manually :unhappy:) my account could have over 8%. But overall Great Great Great.
And as my contact mentioned if the system works givin around 20% a month his investors will go for this like crazy (his words).
So for me all this looks damn great now.
And that´s why I very appreciate what you are doin Ken and posting your results for everyone.
guys, have a very nice weekend, my Hippo is off on Fridays so he´s now at vacation til Monday :)

but before I will do something for you guys, following I give you my settings for the MD and Hippo both running together at my Alpari Classic live Account and after this my account overview by myfxbook.....

MegaDroid settings:
RiskLevel = 0.0
Aggressive = true
NFA=false
LotSize = 0.1
RecoveryMode = false

The Hippo Settings:
Money Management = false
Risk = 0.0
Lots = 0.1
Trade Friday = false
All Pairs with MAOpen and BBOpen=true
Order Time Out 180 (except EURUSD)
EURUSD TP/SL 20/60 – Order Time Out 240
GBPUSD TP/SL 30/90
EURCHF TP/SL 25/90
EURJPY TP/SL 30/100
AUDUSD TP/SL 30/100
USDCHF TP/SL 30/100
USDJPY TP/SL 30/100
GBPCHF TP/SL 30/100

URL:
Hi1 System | Myfxbook

see ya and
always good trading

Last edited:
hello Kirk

congrats...we are happy when you are happy.

still on demo for while more then we will be seeing the same green Hippo...thanks for sharing have a nice week end..

regards

Dirk,

20% per month might be an unrealistic expectation, just a few losses could upset this easily, but this is close to my goal for a combination of manual and EA trading. I'm not sure its maintainable, especially on a larger account, or for a long time, on a small account its easier to take the large risks, and doesnt attract the same kind of attention, and over time a lot of things could happen. But this is my goal. Its good to have far reaching goals, but also to be realistic about whats possible.

Be careful with the USDJPY, your TP and SL are wide for the average range, and this one doesnt test that well. It may be running well now, but I would watch it carefully.

My live account is off for NFP friday, no Hippo, no manual trading, but my demos are on. We'll see how it goes.

My Hippo settings:

MA Open filter On, BBand filter On, 180m Time Out (240m on EURUSD)

EURUSD 25/75
AUDUSD 20/70
GBPUSD 25/75
USDCHF 20/60
EURJPY 25/85
EURCHF 25/75

USDJPY 12/45
USDCAD 20/60
GBPJPY 30/100
GBPCHF 35/100

These numbers are current today, and will be my active numbers for next week. I update these numbers regularly, every week or so, to stay with the current ranges.

I would like to add the USDCAD and USDJPY to my live account, but they're still on demo, the backtest results arent great and I'm watching them. I would also like to add the GBPJPY and GBPCHF, but FXDD's spreads are wide, 7 and 9 pips respectively, so they're on demo as well. Other brokers have much better spreads on all these pairs. There are also a few other pairs I'm interested in, but I havent done any backtesting on them yet.

hello everybody

Greetings from Italy (!)

I'd like to start trading Forex from "ground 0" (had some experience with stocks and etfs though)

For now I'm on a demo account with FX Rebellion (further filtered with fractals) but the problem is when I'm at home (late in the evening) the market
is quite static..

Would you advise Forex Hippo with FXCM ?

(beside the claimed performance) What drove me is that its stategy is fully disclosed in the manual (and I like to put my nose in things myself..)

Or any Robot anyone, suitable for this broker ?

Thanks for your precious information

hi Ken

ok I will change the USDJPY to a bit smaller T/P and S/L........
as you can see my Alpari account is doin well. Ya, 20% average each month is a high goal but I think if MD is doin like he did with v1.21 and the Hippo at same account that could be possible. And for a bigger account, these guys are willing to trade too use money for high risk invests. So they are aware of losing all. The difference is that they have already money, normally no need for more because of 90% safe invests so they are like gamblers. If they lose they lose, if they win they win. Like my first client willing to test this. He will put only 1k into account but he said well, if the EAs are doin well, nice, if they burn the money, no problem. See the difference?..........

hi toto, as you read I´m using Alpari. Don´t know how FXCM will do with the Hippo. Perhaps somebody here will answer. I posted my myfxbook link for my Alpari account so you can see how the Hippo and the MegaDroid are doin there. If you click at History you can see all the trades done. The Trades with MegaDroid are between 22.00pm and 01.00am with EURUSD, all others done by the Hippo.
always good trading

I just closed my FXCM live account where I had been running MD since June. Bottom line is that between their spreads and slippage it is simply not as profitable. They always execute aand never any requotes because they are large and have the liquidity but the profitablity is just not there.

I am now down to IBFX, dbFX, and Forex.com live. Still running demo on FXDD and they look good...at least for a demo.

I am beginning to suspect my ForexVPS host may be causing issues with MD trading frequency. I had 4 trades on IBFX, 5 on dbFX and 3 on Forex.com in September......not good.....all running on VPS.

This week was good for me as it seems it was for all of you with MD.

But I had 9 trades on the FXDD demo running on a laptop including a SL disaster...glad it was only demo:). The "client report" on the MD site shows 10 trades for Sept.

How many did you all see? Could it be my VPS is slowing things down?

Back