• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexHippo.com (Matt Robinson)

General discussions of a financial company
great night

because The H went feeding....
EURJPY 8
hippotamus-clipart38.gif
pips.....
EURUSD 23.9
hippotamus-clipart38.gif
pips.....

today

the H changed colour to http://www.hscripts.com/freeimages/icons/wild-animals/hippopotamus/hippotamus-clipart41.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
overall

I hope for new results on research of Hippo trading.
Just counted the pips the Hippo done from Sept 20th til now......
well, not to bad because he´s not in negative but +9.2pips are not very impressive right now......
so I hope this new stuff/settings Matt says that will comin up will improve results a bit more.......

FXDD

Dear Ken,

Thank you for contacting us.

FXDD's backoffice does not recognize hedging. It is a position based system and all opposing orders are offset immediately. It is through this Backoffice system that all reports will be generated, and your actual account value is displayed. Once one side of an offsetting position is closed out on the dealing blotter, or the MetaTrader4 Platform, a position is again reinstated in our Backoffice. As a result, this change should not affect your trading style and should not affect your EA if you use one.

According to the FIFO rule, all open trades on a specific pair must be treated as a single position. Report Viewer, which is FXDD Backoffice follows a concept of weighted average. It displays a single value that is meant to typify a list of values that are within the same category (same currency pair).

So, your MetaTrader, which is recording tool will display two separate orders for the same currency pair, but our Backoffice will treat them as one, since they are within same currency pair and display it as one, with a weighted average price. How do you calculate a weighted average? Lot size x rate + Lot size x rate, etc. add all of these up and divide it by the total lot size.

Example: 0.1 @ 1.1450, 1.3 @ 1.5050 and 3.2 @ 1.3940.

So, (0.1 x 1.1450 + 1.3 x 1.5050 + 3.2 x 1.3940) / (0.1 + 1.3 + 3.2) = 1.419956522

Because we treat it as a weighted average, you can still close any position in any order on MetaTrader side, but it will be settled against weighted average in the Backoffice. As a result, this change should not affect your trading style and should not affect your EA if you use one.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jason Galano
Sales and Support

IBFX had similar abilities, but they dropped it! I am migrating over to FXDD. I am also looking at FinFX in order to get the leverage back. I have been running MD Pro on demo at IBFX, FXDD, and FinFX and all are similar in output. Does anyone have anything to add regarding FinFX?

IBFX had similar abilities, but they dropped it! I am migrating over to FXDD. I am also looking at FinFX in order to get the leverage back. I have been running MD Pro on demo at IBFX, FXDD, and FinFX and all are similar in output. Does anyone have anything to add regarding FinFX?

Pipbuster posted this on the BabyPips forum. Of these I find Dukascopy very interesting. They have great spreads, no side commisions, and are registered and regulated in Switzerland, only $1000 to open an account

Quote:
Members of the Yahoo MTandI list have developed a list of brokers
who will accept US residents and offer leverage of 100:1 and
higher. We are providing this list to help traders who are
interested in pursuing accounts with brokers who offer greater than
1:50 leverage. We have not vetted this list and do not endorse any
particular broker. It's offered as a starting point for further research.

-------------------------------------------------
Revised List 10-19-10 10:45 am CST
-------------------------------------------------

Brokerages that Will Accept US Citizens

2pipsforex.com (added 10-18-10 Jake)
AAAFX (added 10-12-10)
ActivTrades (UK) ((added 10-18-10 Jake)
Arab Financial Brokers (added 10-13-10 Jake)
Askobid.com (added 10-13-10 Hope Boyce)
Broco (added 10-12-10)
Dukascopy (added 10-13-10 from CashBackForex. Note: Bridge
from MT4 to their proprietary platform)
E-global
FBS (added 10-12-10)
Fin FX (added 10-15-10 C Franks )
Forex4You (added 10-13-10 Jake)
Forex FS - Australia (added 10-16-10 Jake)
Forex Metals (Panama) (added 10-18-10 Jake)
FOREX MMCIS: (added 10-13-10 Jake)
ForexClub.biz (added 10-18-10 Jake)
FXCast (added 10-17-10 Will accept US citizens if they provide a
non-US address and maintain a bank account outside the US-
Jake)
FXCBS (added 10-13-10 from CashBackForex). Jake confirmed.
FXCompany (added 10-12-10 NB: The Govt of Mauritius stated
it's revoking the business license of FXCompany in May 2010.
Current status is unclear)
FXM Trade (added 10-15-10 Jake)
FXOpen (May be the same as FXCompany. They have
unresolved regulatory issues with the government of Mauritius -
Jake)
GotMoneyFX (added 10-13-10 Jake)
Instaforex
InvestTechFX - Canada (added 10-14-10 Terri Horton)
InvestorsEurope.com (added 10-14-10 Jake)
LiteForex (added 10-19-10 Jake)
MF Financial (mffx.com) - UK
MRC Markets (Austria) (added 10-18-10 Jake)
Marketiva
NordFX (added 10-17-10 Jake)
PrimeBank Forex (added 10-15-10 Abhay )
RFXT (Lebanon) (added 10-18-10 Jake)
RVMarkets (added 10-13-10 Jake)
SmartTrade FX - Canada (added 10-17-10 Jake )
Tadawul
TradeNext (added 10-19-10 Jake)
Uni-FX (UAE) (added 10-18-10 Jake)
United World Capital (added 10-14-10 Jake)
Varchev Finance (added 10-19-10 Miro Rusev)
Windsor Direct (added 10-12-10 Brian Durnil)
WSD Global Market - New Zealand (added10-18-10 Jake)

ACM Forex (Swiss-based) (added 10-12-10) Note: FPA
recommends caution in dealing with FCM due to legal action
against them

I dished out 99$ for this ea a couple of months ago. Bad bad mistake......First trade lost 100$ I did the wise thing and turned it off never to turn it back on. Thank god I did because it's lost and lost and lost on FPA. As honorable as the creator may be this ea is history.

I dished out 99$ for this ea a couple of months ago. Bad bad mistake......First trade lost 100$ I did the wise thing and turned it off never to turn it back on. Thank god I did because it's lost and lost and lost on FPA. As honorable as the creator may be this ea is history.

I'm still running this EA on my live account. Its not perfect, its taken losses like any other system, but it still runs fairly well, and its still in profit. As I explained previously the trick is in optimization and filtering out potentialy poor trades. A little less trading, a little less greed, and a smaller position size, and a little testing to see what works best.

Your mistake wasnt in shelling out the $99 to test this EA. At the time it looked extremelly good. Your misstake was in not returning it within the 60 day trial period if you were unsatisfied. Out of the dozens of EA's I've bought and tested I've actually kept and paid for 4. Of those Hippo and Megadroid are the only ones that are used live, FAPS and FAPT were the biggest and only real misstakes. Small money to lose, mostly the losses were in time spent studying and testing.

If you still own Hippo try puting it on a demo account only running the best pairs with conservative settings. EURUSD, AUDUSD, maybe the GBPUSD and USDCHF, I also run the USDCAD, EURJPY, and EURCHF, but most of these pairs dont test that well. Going forward may be different but run cautiously. Keep the default TP30 and SL100 until something better is implemented, but cut the Time Out in half to 180m. Also run the MA Open filter On, and the BBand filter On, do not use the MA Close filter, and do not use the recomended settings, they are quite experimental.

I still dont care for the overall strategy, it carries too much risk, and not enough reward, but then I dont like most low reward-high risk strategies. Still, find something better that will trade for you automaticaly.

Still running the Hippo with success. The last losses were 2 on 11/24, and 1 on 11/19. It has since more than made up for these and is back to running in good profits. I have found that the trick to this and most Forex trades is not to be too aggressive. I use any filters available to limit weaker or doubtful trades, and I use aggressive trade managment to get out of a trade at the first hint of error. This has caused a lot of break even trades, but very few losses.

Back