1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, checking out Forex

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by Stratguy65, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Stratguy65

Stratguy65 Recruit

Hello,

I am currently a Level II swing trader in equities. I have had formal classes but I will leave of the school name for now. I am a PMP by profession so I use risk management on a daily basis already. My trading plan is good but could be better. The only parameters I use to trade equities are RSI, volume and whatever the chart tells me. I have spent two years trading with candlestick charts. Usually it works good for me. The problem is I can't sit and watch a screen all day since I have a day job. Plus hedge fund high speed trading is really starting to impact the market. I am considering forex because this market is open most of the time. Not sure my macro knowledge of the US equities market could help in this arena. I hear the technical analysis works the same. If so I'm ok. I don't use leverage or options so I have little understanding of forex mechanics. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Stratguy65