• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss NordhillCapital.com (Maksim Sepp)

General discussions of a financial company
Any view on the fact that sfx is only registered (not regulated) in SVG? Recently i heard the news that they are trying to get license/regulated under Vanuatu?

I am following this thread in the background for quite some time. Want to ask the experts here. If Nordhill (traders) and SFX (broker) are of the same owners or parties, can they manipulate the tradings result in SFX (i.e. edit the entry and exit, delete loosing trade, etc) so that it looks good or much better in myfxbook? I understand that they do trades in other brokerages too (Hantec, Charterprime, Swiss Quote, IG Market) but have anybody verified that the trading result are comparable (same strategy, different brokerage) and verified by myfxbook?

Any view on the fact that sfx is only registered (not regulated) in SVG? Recently i heard the news that they are trying to get license/regulated under Vanuatu?

We had this discussion before, please review the whole thread, I've been trading my own money with SFX for almost 2 years now, no issues so far, and I had in the past a managed account by NH via SFX, no issues as well. So it's up to you, as I explain before, for a capital from $5K to $10K, to me it's fine to use SFX, but once your capital is higher than this, I suggest use a broker which is regulated under FCA, which is one of the best regulations you can get. The last information I had, which was at least a year ago, SFX was looking for a regulation in Europe, which is a starter to maybe one day, become FCA regulated.

I am following this thread in the background for quite some time. Want to ask the experts here. If Nordhill (traders) and SFX (broker) are of the same owners or parties, can they manipulate the tradings result in SFX (i.e. edit the entry and exit, delete loosing trade, etc) so that it looks good or much better in myfxbook? I understand that they do trades in other brokerages too (Hantec, Charterprime, Swiss Quote, IG Market) but have anybody verified that the trading result are comparable (same strategy, different brokerage) and verified by myfxbook?

The trades are based on automated strategies and with every broker, the results will be slightly different because of the spreads that each one uses and the same trade may be take in one broker and not in the other one because of those features. NH managed my account for 6 months, the results were exactly the same displayed, no ticks.price were changed. For a broker that's looking to be regulated in Europe, I don't think they will let any sort of manipulation to happen, this would damage NH and SFX reputation, so by now, I don't have any issues when it comes to trading executions.

agreed with @Marcelo Rosa

Regulation won't stop people stealing your money, however it can provide peace of mind that that possibility is lessened by the amount of rigour they have to do on reporting and transparency.

think of it like locks, they only stop the honest people... DYOR and make sure you operate in the level of comfort you're happy with.

Ive been with Nordhill/STG/SFX for 18 months now and haven't had any issues with funding, reporting or withdrawals.

If you're happy with non scalping products from Nordhill ive just had an email saying that they're now available via STG Wealth with Charter Prime thats under NZ Regulation.

I am following this thread in the background for quite some time. Want to ask the experts here. If Nordhill (traders) and SFX (broker) are of the same owners or parties, can they manipulate the tradings result in SFX (i.e. edit the entry and exit, delete loosing trade, etc) so that it looks good or much better in myfxbook?

I wrote last year, that I don't like the fact that SFX-Markets / Nordhill / STG-Wealth are that closely "related".
Since the SVG-regulation is weak, of course there could be a risk of manipulation here, a big risk.
None of us here is watching closely what they are doing behind closed doors,
(we are not experts, just investors like you)

So that's why I never invested more than the minimal 5K, and I'm going to withdraw as soon as possible.
It's a personal risk, and I could live with the loss of 5K, it's only a part of my investments.

But if one of my relatives would ask me if it is safe to invest their hard earned money with SFX (Nordhill / STG)
I honestly would say no, you could lose it all, it's not well regulated.
So, I would rather recommend them to use some another strategy with a strong FCA-regulated brokerage,
and monitor that account closely.

Even CySec is risky..
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/7653/www.ironfx.com

And just watch what happened with i2investments today.
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/ii-investments-aka-i2-investments.49079/page-11
Many recommendations by other long-term FPA-members, 19 postitive 5* Feedbacks. Still it was a scam.

And if you look closer at their strategies, you will notice that all of them went
downwards the moment they went public, despite having many many positive months before.
http://nordhillcapital.com/investment-products
This is suspicious, meaning that myfxbook results before going public could be fabricated.
The big exeption is Hawk FX, no negative month so far, but because of SVG-regulation,
and because it can not be traded outside of SFX-Markets. we don't know if it's for real.

So, I can't recommend you Hawk FX, as long as they don't use a well regulated and completely indipendent broker.
The other strategies are OK to trade with Hantec.(FCA) but they are unstable. You could lose money by trading.

Yes, apparently SFX Markets will become a Vanuatu regulated brokerage soon .
One of Vanuautu requirements is annual audits, so I guess their business will become a little bit more transparent.
But Vanuatu regulation won't protect you from any ponzi/scam.

Yeah, it's all about getting in/out in time - all Managed FX doing over 20% a year will fall apart eventually.
But SV, Vanuatu, Cyprus, all the same.
Only UK is really that good and even them, tons of bad brokerages.
FX is a risky game and obsession about the broker is not a great idea.

This is so sad. Food for thought
  1. PerfectoFX, Gulden, Anmaric - 3tgFX (NZ Registered) Force Majeure on Brexit (Track records all fake entries and plotted)
  2. Sakura FX and Global Trading Pros, ACM - FX (Vanuatu License) Disappear and MIA (Track records all fake entries and plotted + China EXPO Awards BOUGHT)
  3. JJPTR (Non-regulated) Bust 400M+ Force Majeure claiming someone hacked an account, trading lot size more than 1000 lots per trade? Are you kidding me?
  4. IGOFX - 4 Billion USD (Vanuatu License) Force Majeure using imaginary figure - Vladislav Igofx Forex doing more than 10-20%
  5. TP Eagle -120m refused payout since June 2017, cooking stories over and over again. Probably lost to EUR's and XAU upward movement. Fake ROIs Plan.
  6. Iiinvestments - Flashy website, 90% fake information on website, misleading awards, images, banners and so on. Done by industry affiliate marketer. Misuse other people's Track record but won't tell you to fund through a proper brokerage firm that's licensed and regulated. Instead, mislead you to join their so called Investment Funds.
    Guys Bitcoin without leverage is already so risky, let alone leveraged Bitcoin trading.
    if there's trading, where is the post trading record statements with liquidity provider? Real trading or just some edited MT4 statements again?
    They sell FX records on their website, and you join a Bitcoin trading strategy without verified trading record???
  7. TriumphFX - Anyone in this? good luck also, another scam by GM Traders or IKOFX/IGOFX Affiliated. Fake XAU trading
  8. Much more registered on NZ, NZ does not regulate FX FMA DO NOT REGULATE, they are ANTI FOREX.
  9. If offshore brokers are sincere they will own self-buy insurance and join financialcommission.org/ for compensation scheme voluntarily, so far is FXPIG and Hotforex who got some compensation scheme involved. Other brokers are quite a fat hope unless they prove with actions and investor's protection.
  10. Wait till Vanuatu's FX Brokers get delisted first until the benchmark is high enough, check for their entry and expiry date of license. Anything before June 2017 is highly not recommended.
SVG is an island for IBCs, an international broker company that can do all these: The objects of the Company are all subject matters not forbidden by International Business Companies (Amendment and Consolidation) Act, Chapter 149 of the Revised Laws of Saint Vincent and Grenadines, 2009, in particular but not exclusively all commercial, financial, lending, borrowing, trading, service activities and the participation in other enterprises as well as to provide brokerage, training and managed account services in currencies, commodities, indexes, CFDs and leveraged financial instruments.

Average cost is around 1-5K depend on which agent you find, no other requirements, no accounting, no audit other than HotForex who willingly get audited, HotForex uses SVG regulation for clients from Asia only.

Vanuatu cost of setting up before June 2017 is around 6K including FX License, now will cost around 70K all in. With reputation tarnished by FX SCAMs and Binary SCAMs, the cost of $70K is worth elsewhere where reputation is better.

Vanuatu did increased regulatory requirements in June 2017 but it is too late.

Back to the main topic: If any broker is serious about their business they can start small but they will reinvest into better regulation just look at tickmill and mtcookfinancial for example.

I don't really think SFX will move to Vanuatu, it's very likely this plot will be over within 1 year.

The question traders/investors need to ask themselves are:
Due Diligence Questionnaires:

Is my money safe? : Offshore broker without licensing?? Registered is not regulated, what're the costs of setting up and requirements? Go find out
Custodian Bank or Segregated Account or normal bank account?: Brokers can take 80% of your deposits and do something else and remain 20% for margin only.
Registered or regulated: Go question the authority, email and write in. Ask all your questions there
Can I get back my money if anything goes wrong? Very unlikely.... JJPTR happened for months, even if some money can be found, it will take million of years before you can even get back the money.
Is trading legit and real? If it is real, it can be found on regulated brokers as simple as that.
Track record: If it is real, it will start from day one and public. Not 2-4 years track records suddenly released to the public. Most track records have multiple brokers and places. Trading strategy record can be regulated by FCA, ASIC and so on.
Transparency: If no live investor access, then at least import to Darwinex to run it live concurrently (Darwinex protects trading record as well) Let an FCA regulated broker or investment firm vouch for the trading record and activities. Don't say what secret formula or scare this scare that. Real gold not fear of fire. Do a live demo test for at least 1 month, after that can take it off if fear of proprietary rights.

I decided to post this because I am getting annoyed by the ongoing scams, I just want to highlight possible risks before it is too late.
I have seen innocent people, friends and old people getting scammed by these people and companies.

IF FPA Admin thinks this is defamatory, then it is very sad because the scams listed above are happening or happened already. I sincerely hope FPA can come out with some check-lists to help traders and investors from falling into another FX scams.

There are many telltale signs about some of their trading strategy may not be real...
I won't disclose until the reality is out, meanwhile, I will be taking snapshots and accumulating some facts till it's finally blown.

Forecast: 1 Year, Hawk or SFX will cease but they may not Force Majeure

Disclaimer: Subject to FPA moderation.

Seems VERY convenient that they magically came up with a new strategy that has been running "live" since 2014 with no losing months? Strange things are afoot at Nordhill. Here they've had a strategy banging out 5% per month with max 7% DD and ZERO losing months for more than 2 years, and it only now appears after all of their other strategies are having their worst DD's since they began trading at other brokers that they do not own. I guess it just wasn't performing well enough to be included in their portfolio previously :D
Very easy for an unregulated broker to manipulate trading history.
How many of you would simply sit on a strategy like "Shark" that apparently is outperforming every major Hedge Fund in the world for the past 27 months?
Remember, they only started with other brokers about 7 months ago. Look at Marcelo's account. 4 losing months out of the last 6 since while attempting to show that they can achieve the same performance as prior history at SFX while trading at "real" brokers.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but these are some facts that should be seriously considered prior to investing with these guys.
Again, it's VERY easy for an unregulated broker to manipulate the trading history on MT4.
Maybe it's just bad luck. Maybe they have several other even better strategies making 60% to 100% per year that they haven't yet revealed. I guess they are just saving them for when "Shark" fails to perform in the real world.

I think a lot of people missed this old message.

Have some brain sense thanks.

Back to my earlier point:

Track record:
If it is real, it will start from day one and public. Not 2-4 years track records suddenly released to the public. Most track records have multiple brokers and places. Trading strategy record can be regulated by FCA, ASIC and so on.

Peter,
I think you have a good assessment here but you miss big on one major point.

If you look at ZuluTrade (Cyprus), Axiory (Belize), Ayondo (UK), eToro (Cyprus/UK), and all the other Social Managed Companies IN good regulations, they all still never last more then a couple years.

The companies you named here lost as well, but their regulation really isn't what I would be focusing on, here's what I would remember -

Bank traders achieve 15-20% a year for institutional investors (pension funds, HNW people, etc).
If you are going to RISK your money with one of these types of trading programmes on any of the websites mentioned on FPA, the risk is 90% change you will eventually lose big. What you cannot therefore do is then later scream "SCAM!" when you knew there was enormous risk.

100%+ a year is impossible to last forever. Period.

Back