• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss NordhillCapital.com (Maksim Sepp)

General discussions of a financial company
You can pick your broker (they have 4+) Hantech, SFX, Swissquite, IG and Charter Prime from what I know.

On their website they've got SFX and Hantech as their 2 brokers, but not the other 2.
Would you recommend Hantech? I've not had dealings with either. The only reason I am leaning towards Hantech is because of FCA. I don't know much about FSASVG; is that also good enough?

On their website they've got SFX and Hantech as their 2 brokers, but not the other 2.
Would you recommend Hantech? I've not had dealings with either. The only reason I am leaning towards Hantech is because of FCA. I don't know much about FSASVG; is that also good enough?

I use one of their marketing partners STGWealth and they've been able to provide the other partners. Charter prime are in Australia (very good regulation) and IG markets are in Singapore (also very strong).

I use one of their marketing partners STGWealth and they've been able to provide the other partners. Charter prime are in Australia (very good regulation) and IG markets are in Singapore (also very strong).

Ahha, thanks. Had a look on those 3. Is there any difference whether I go through STG, other than the provision of the other brokers?
Do you have any thoughts on SFX and FSASVG?

Ahha, thanks. Had a look on those 3. Is there any difference whether I go through STG, other than the provision of the other brokers?
Do you have any thoughts on SFX and FSASVG?

Although I'm not with NH as a managed company anymore,I still have my account with SFX and I'm currently trading that account as a trader, so far I've done 3 withdrawal and no problems in receiving my funds, a part from one time that it took over a week for me to receive, usually I get my funds within 3 working day. BUT I still prefer a stronger regulation such as FCA, so I wouldn't leave more than $5K on my SFX account. The reason behind is: If there is an un-anticipated event such as SNB unpeg rate from Euro in Jan 2015 and there is a crash in the market, the brokers which are regulated under FCA, they protect the clients up to 50K pounds. While in other jurisdiction, you may not see your money again, in Australia and New Zealand, most of the clients suffered heavily losses and some brokers bankrupt and they even dare to ask the clients to pay back the broker, since the accounts were negative. So if you have a larger amount, I suggest go to Hantec Markets, if you have less than that, SFX is a good option.

Thanks for the info! Great to hear about some first hand experiences from you and kelix.
I'll have a think whether I would prefer Hantec over SFX, but they also don't trade Hawk, for whatever reason, which is their best strategy it seems.

Thanks for the info! Great to hear about some first hand experiences from you and kelix.
I'll have a think whether I would prefer Hantec over SFX, but they also don't trade Hawk, for whatever reason, which is their best strategy it seems.

yea Hawk is scalping, and many regulated brokers don't like the risk that carries with non STP brokerage it seems. the risk of delay or high frequency is harder for them to protect against slippage. they seem to prefer longer trade positions from mere minutes to tens of minutes minimums.

Now to choose!
I do think Hawk is one of the best consistent returns I have seen, perhaps I haven't seen enough!

ok, I thought I'd post an update for April for those watching the thread.

here is how April ended up for those of us on Hawk with the higher risk profile... 6.56% :)

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 1.55.07 pm.png

also worth to note that they are reducing the lot size until august to ensure the algo maintains consistency (net net) with less liquidity over the summer season.

if you want more info on my thoughts feel free to ask here or PM me :)

Excellent news, we know not always the system will generate profits, but it's been consistent on the past few months and it's good they are reducing the lot size, if the market changes, the system needs to be adjusted, to avoid unnecessary losses, damage the system and client's account.

I still prefer a stronger regulation such as FCA, so I wouldn't leave more than $5K on my SFX account. The reason behind is: If there is an un-anticipated event such as SNB unpeg rate from Euro in Jan 2015 and there is a crash in the market, the brokers which are regulated under FCA, they protect the clients up to 50K pounds. While in other jurisdiction, you may not see your money again, in Australia and New Zealand, most of the clients suffered heavily losses and some brokers bankrupt and they even dare to ask the clients to pay back the broker, since the accounts were negative. So if you have a larger amount, I suggest go to Hantec Markets, if you have less than that, SFX is a good option.

I remember that Swissquote asked Forex-traders to pay back their debts because of the CHF/EUR crash in Jan 2015.
They had accumulated a loss of 25'000'000 $. As far as I know, Swissquote is still trying to get the money back from clients.
What about Hantec-clients? Did Hantec asked the Forex-traders to pay back if their accounts were in negative?
I guess it's more difficult for SFX-Markets to ask clients for payback if they are located in St.Vincent & Grenadines.

Back