Who is "pixel2368.everesttech.net" ????

RahmanSL

Major
Can anyone tell me who is "pixel2368.everesttech.net" & "hfaffiliates.com"????

Since yesterday (7/Apr/2011) every time I login to FPA site, a message pops up persistently asking to set a cookie from pixel2368.everesttech.net & "hfaffiliates.com"

How do I get rid of this pesky pop-up message wanting to set cookies into my computer??

I use paid Avira Premium Security Suite anti-virus.

Last edited:
The FPA does set cookies to let people log in and track usage for statistical analysis, but those aren't on the list. Unless one of the new advertisements somehow built something in, I don't know where that came from.

I've got a separate copy of FireFox running a script blocker that I use for checking compatibility. Those aren't showing for me on the approved or unapproved list for FPA pages.

I'll let advertising and the programmers know so they can take a look. PM me or use the contact us link if you find any pattern to which pages do and don't trigger this.

I have tried a number of sites, and it seems these pesky pop-ups happen only when I login to FPA site.

pixel2368.everesttech.net is the most persistent which takes at least 4 "access denial" clicks before it disappear.
The next one is hfaffiliates.com.

Now, 3 more pop-ups want to set cookies too:
ads2.backads.com, Download free software, Gooofull, download programs, free, freeware, software, and safebrowsing.clients.google.com

I have click "access denials" to all request, and so I guess there is no harm done except an annoyance to click multiple times to get rid of the pop-ups.

Alright, problem solved (I hope for good).

For those, like myself, who are...ehhhh...less technologically inclined (I was thinking more of the word "dumb"), if you get such persistent and annoying pop-ups asking to set their cookies, copy down their names.
Then go to top of computer screen and click on "Tools". Click on "Options", select "Privacy".
On far right side from "Accept cookies from site", click on "Exception".
In box "Address of web page", type in the address of those annoying pop-ups and then click "Block".
Repeat that for all pesky & annoying pop-ups and you should not have any more problems with these persistent pop-ups asking to set their unwelcome cookies.

I found out where it's coming from. One of the new ad campaigns pulls in some items from external sites. Those aren't supposed to trigger any popups. It looks like there's an issue with some browsers. The programmers are hunting down the bugs and exterminating them as fast as they can.

Thanks, AsstModerator, for the updates…

Hmmm, my “Privacy” folder is getting full with all those pop-ups which I have added to “block”.

“…The programmers are hunting down the bugs and exterminating them as fast as they can.”
I would recommend DDT…but that’s a banned chemical; right?

Back