TheInnerCircleTrader.com (Michael J. Huddleston) Review Visit site

Updated: Aug 8, 2018

Join live discussion of TheInnerCircleTrader.com (Michael J. Huddleston) on our forum

TheInnerCircleTrader.com (Michael J. Huddleston) profile provided by ICT Michael, Sep 21, 2017

TheInnerCircleTrader.com
Free Tutorials & Opinions from 24 years of observation in the markets.

Nothing promised - just information to make you think independently .

Connecticut, USA,
Aug 6, 2018,

Don't waste your precious time

I have watch (painfully) many of this guy's videos over the last few years. They are absolutely useless. First, he drones on for an hour or two in each video, most of the time telling you how wonderful he is and how much everyone sucks and that he is the best. Yet he has NEVER shown one iota of proof of his so called expertise. Just sounds like a pompous ass who talks down to everyone.
His so-called teachings are just WAAYY overly complicated yet useless views on the market. I just watched another video (an hour of my life I cannot get back) about his genius view (not) on using Fibonacci. Again, useless other than I will give him some agreement that price does sometimes work back to major numbers like 00 and 50 levels.
I will agree with him on one point: the market is not random. But his reasons for how and why the market moves are flawed and over complicated. The bottom line is what moves the market is a combination of sentiment, fundamentals, and technicals. There is no need to sit and listen to hours and hours of this garbage.
I would venture to say if he makes money, it is hocking his mentorship program and not on trading.
Either way, there are much better ways to learn these markets than spending hours and hours listen to someone who apparently just likes to hear his own voice.
Jul 4, 2018,

There were only a couple of honest reviews about this Mentorship. Everybody else is hoping ICT will finally let the cat out of the bag by giving 5 star reviews. If you have any sense about you, you'll know that nothing out here is perfect.

I finished the Mentorship program. It has almost been a full year upon completion. I wanted to actually give this a chance and not jump the gun. I am no better off now than I was before the Mentorship started. There are people who have been following ICT for 5 years and through the Mentorship and i honestly can count on one hand who MIGHT be profitable.

We were NEVER shown how to use the concepts or setups. He doesn't provide clear examples, even in demo. I've seen massive moves in his favorite pairs, EUR and GBP, 1000+ pip moves...only to have the guru chip away 30 pip moves here and there once a week. TWO years after the Mentorship and it's still a chore just to even think about putting the material together.

Nothing is linear about the lessons in his paid program. These concepts are all over the place. One month you'll learn about Macro analysis, the next will be how to scalp. Only to come back next month to learn from a macro standpoint once again. This spaghetti style of teaching is ridiculous. It's almost as if he suddenly thinks of something to "teach" and he'll throw up a video.

Not once has he taken a swing trade, which we were promised. I myself have not seen a short term trade. Maybe only 2 OSOK, and that's only because he only requires 50 pips or so a week for himself, so it's done in a day. Never seen a live example of catching the weekly high/low and trading it through Wed/Thur.

The mentorship is full of rehashed material and empty promises. There is WAY too much fluff and repeated topic discussions along with cryptic tweets that mean absolutely nothing to the student as a trader. The mentorship forum is all but dead now. I don't think anybody is really making any headway with this stuff, if they are, they aren't saying anything about it.

I'm not one of those guys to troll ICT anywhere on social media, but i'm going to have to be honest. Either he has no idea how to use this stuff or he's not planning on really teaching how to use it, that's apparent by now. If you're thinking about paying to join this mentorship, THINK LONG AND HARD. The guy has been teaching since 2010 (his words). He promised on a YouTube video he'd never charge to teach, if he says otherwise he's lying...and i have to video saved to prove it. This mentorship is horrible, learning curve is ridiculously steep, repetitive, filled with fluff and he's basically dangling a carrot in front of your face.

Extremely disappointed in this mentorship and am having second thoughts about this supposed "teacher" who's supposedly a guru in the markets
May 27, 2018,

I've come back to leave another review. The mentorship ended 8 months ago. When it ended i did the very thing Michael said NOT to do and i deposited a bunch of money and started trading like i was some kind of guru ignoring all of the advice and suggestions he made and rushed the process and went into -90 % drawdown within 2 months. During the 12 months with him i was working 60 hour weeks going to the gym after work, cooking and cleaning when i came home and then I started watching the daily videos he provided when i couldnt keep my eyes open and falling asleep at my desk. I recall in one of the 600 videos that he said not to go Live straight out of the mentorship and specifically said that the material wouldn't come together the way it should for us until 6 months to a year after the mentorship ended. I quit my job and went and found a part time job so i could have more time focusing on the charts and content he provided the past year. I have went through the mentorship 3 times now retaking notes each time. I have consistently traded my way back up cleaning up almost 50% of my draw down over the last 2 months. I did 18% last week. I'm right on track in between the 6 and 12 month mark that Michael said it would all start to come together more clear.. Mind you that my losses mostly came from over leveraged " IMPULSE TRADING" as i still struggle with an impulse trade at least once a week I'm working on cutting that out. But now Im not worried about a loss or dumb trade and as i know now what exactly it is that im waiting for and developing the patience to actually wait for it to form. When i do that, it works! All of my winning trades now come by actually applying the concepts there is never a lucky trade anymore for me. I know why it should do it and when it should do it.. It's also about "trusting " the concepts. If the rules say to short it, you short it.. I paid this man to teach me how to trade and be my mentor I don't understand why i did things he told me not to do. For whatever reason i thought i was different and when he told us to just focus on 6% a month for right now i was focusing on 200% and not listening to him cost me...
Apr 7, 2018,

Very hard to rate.

I have just come back from vacation and finally finished watching the rest of the mentorship content.

Pros: The content provided in terms of concepts, tools and components are world class, unique and can not be found no where else period. Micheal has truly highlighted through his explanation of the tools that the markets are well and truly manipulated. Even-though ICT lost about 75% of trades during the mentorship, I still absolutely believe he can trade and just attribute that to the fact of him hiding the real context behind trades and only trying to trade using the tools revealed to us. I can truly rate the content 5 stars.

Cons:
Unfortunately, after years and years of following Micheal, he STILL hasn't taught us how to actually use the tools and concepts and so me amongst most other mentorship students still cannot trade consistently.
I'm yet to meet one who can show CONSISTENT (quit your job) type trading that is not in the form of simple words after all these years.

It's quite evident for those who have been following Micheal for a very long time now that we will never give the full content of what Micheal knows or how to apply what has been given consistently. This may not be apparent to the new followers but I think it's fair to say by recent commentary, Michael is not willing to fulfil his Vow to God any time soon (I'm happy to be wrong and hope I am).

The sad thing is I actually trusted Micheal this time after so many years of giving us fragmented pieces of content that he would finally give us all that he knows and tell us and teach us how to trade. And this point, I would be more than satisfied to know just how to string the tools together for consistency and leave the precision to ICT so that he can continue to shine there alone! Unfortunately the trolls on Twitter and a few scrupulous members where more important then the vast majority of us paying customers. Initially we were assured that we would become well- rounded traders (minus the experience required) after the year was completed but slowly this turned into repeating concepts and vague explanations with no context behind them and then finally the news that now the mentorship will be extended for years with no definite end. This was absolutely not expressed to us at the beginning of the mentorship.

We have now started the Trading Models which promised to bring the solution that the mentorship couldn't - showing us how to use the concepts and tools correctly but so far there are still huge gaps and all subpar to what was first described and expected. Please note, there are only 3 models out so far and so this evaluation is premature and subject to change.

Conclusions
Micheal is a good man and has taught us what no1 anywhere else has or can teach us regarding trading. He has gone further than any guru out there. I personally believe he can trade very very very well, there is absolutely no denying that and anyone that does is just stupid.
Nonetheless, after 7 years I know we will not be taught how to use his tools consistently. The proof being that all of his once praised students including top student Saeed have been exposed by ICT as not knowing how to trade even though previous ICT himself praised Saeed as being an example of what you can do with the unstructured tools already given.

It's very hard to score this.
Content given: 5 out of 5
Delivery understanding promised: 2.5 out of 5
UTAH, USA,
Mar 3, 2018,

THE MENTORSHIP FOR ME

I want to say thank you to Michael. It has only been 1 month since I began the mentorship. I was a system jumper before I took the mentorship. So what is the value for me in the mentorship vs a 1000 others courses out there.
1. Marking your charts everyday.
2. Daily analysis I make.
3. Using a DEMO account vs always before the mentorship using live funds.
4. Putting in to practice what Michael is trying to teach for the month.
5. Making a difference outside of the mentorship in people's lives.
Judge for yourself if the mentorship is the best fit for you or not. It was right for me.
Dec 13, 2017,

Too much theory not put into practice, ICT can't trade, Manipulates peoples emotions

Lots of promises were made at the start and lots left to be wanted. I was rather new to trading and was hoping this would be the course where I wouldn't be scammed and learn to actually trade.

My review of this course will be based on the course material, ability of Michael to trade and the teacher Michael himself.

Most of the Price Action stuff is basically Supply and Demand stuff. The Course Material was a rehash of 95% of the free stuff but just dragged out over a 12 month period, this was confirmed by Michael himself, and as such there is no real reason to pay for the mentorship if you have time to go through the free stuff. He says that the mentorship cuts out all the fluff and random topics, but I promise you many of the videos will be 2 hours long with 10-20 minutes of actual content and Michael talking about his kids soccer games, how his wife is hating him for doing this, how he's a one man team doing this alone etc (solution: Why not hire an admin?). There is an enormous amount of theory with some good lessons and some not so good, but ideally what everybody wanted was for you to actually apply the theory so we can see how it is done. He only ever applies 5% of the theory if that and the rest you wonder why did he ever add this in? Things like IPDA data ranges where he promised in January and February he would put into practice every single day was never done. Which leads me to believe he just made this concept up to fluff up his mentorship. The only months with actual new content was January the rest of the months he has taught before in the free content, but to be fair. Commodities, Stocks and Bonds had some new stuff, but the commodities and stocks is mostly based of the books 'How I made a million dollars trading commodities' by Larry Williams and the popular 'CANSLIM' method. I would not recommend these months as you can probably find an actual mentor in these methods who would actually show you how they day trade these markets instead of just ICT spouting theory and never seeing it used in practice.

In summary there's too much chaff to separate from the wheat.

The Ability of Michael to Trade
Now this is where Michael fails big time. He cannot trade, this was shown in the mentorship. In the initial 3 months of Sep - Nov ICT had some good demo wins and managed to show a good equity increase in his account. After Christmas he told everybody to start a myfxbook and he will start one too to log his progress. Well when he started to lose he deleted his demo accounts and also the myfxbook was never mentioned again. He would also never show his demo account balance in his videos there after either.
He started a Robbins contest proclaiming to the world he would win it despite the us mentees telling him not to as he should be focusing on us and not on winning a robbins cup, but against wisdom he carried on, because he wanted publicity for when at the time he wanted to start a signal service. However as we all know he failed miserably, never even made it onto the leader board, -60% drawdown in the first 2 months and deleted his twitter promising never to return onto Twitter.

For the rest of the mentorship he had promised us many examples of OSOK's, Daytrades and Scalps. Well there were 3 OSOK's in the whole mentorship with the rest of them being day trades and scalps whereby most of them were unsuccessful. The one good thing was he did show how to cut losers early before the full stop was hit.

Michael in General
Michael tells a lot of lies, and emotionally manipulates people into staying in the mentorship.
List of Lies:
Will never charge Money.
Only one mentorship.
Quit Twitter forever.
Win Robbins Cup.

He has a good understanding of human psychology and the fear of missing out. When people were dropping out of the mentorship many times he would say I am not forcing people to stay but those that left are 'missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime'. You can even see it now with the free videos he is releasing, in the free videos he promises it like that the new free videos are all that the newbs will ever need, however in the mentorship videos he would state that they will never get it, he is leading them with a better understanding of price action but it's not the whole picture and they will never be profitable, whereby he is basically leading them into his 2018 mentorship like 'good little sheep' which is one of ICT's favourite analogy.
In another video of the mentorship he even admits he could have done the mentorship in a significantly shorter amount of time, however he knew that there will be some smart people who will understand the needed concepts and just leave before it was over.

The mega trades month (11) was just a rehash of previous months topics and month (12) was just bad. He promised the final pdf will bring everything together but it was just a rehash of his previous pdf's. At the start of the mentorship he promised that the final pdf will be like a flow chart and be plug and play, and in the final month he said the pdf will not be plug and play.

In one of the threads started now post mentorship a poll was conducted and 92% of the members are still confused and feel hopeless with trading post mentorship.

As somebody who has been through the mentorship, I feel I could have done worse and paid for a more expensive course that is true, however I spent 12 months on something which was mostly theory, not practical and watching the teacher flounder about on 20 pip scalps Mon-Fri is not beneficial for my learning.

This is not to say I don't think there is any validity in ICT concepts I think there is, just look at some of his students who trade well with them. It is just that ICT cannot trade them and he is an abysmal teacher who gets sidetracked too easily and starts talking about his family.
Reply by ICT Michael submitted Dec 15, 2017:
I have no way of telling if you are a verified Member and who isn't on this website. However, you clearly have a lot of negative things to say and it took this long to post it?

The dead give away is your post concerning any -60% drawdown on any account by me. You are clearly a Troll and have only the interest in spreading lies. Majority of the time active study over charts is encouraged and not Trading.

This website should be forced to verify Membership to things they give reviews on. I can accept a Member not being happy about not being given signals that were not promised. You cite a supposed lie that I would never charge... and yet you are posting that you were a Member of my group? Why did you pay if you felt I was a liar?

Sorry your review is too suspect for me to waste any more time on.

South Africa,
Oct 2, 2017,

ICT MENTORSHIP PRICELESS

First of all Michael thank you for your hard work and effort.
This course is priceless ,there is no way that there is a course out there that can beat this one.
This is precision at your best.
There is one thing that you still need to do , work hard.

Montreal, Canada,
Sep 18, 2017,

Amazing course.

Amazing course.
Michael J. is the best teacher I ever see.
Thanks for your patiente and all the info. you give us
it's the first and the last course I need.
He change my life.
Thanks.
Ireland,
Sep 16, 2017,

It's been amazing. I learned so much here, and I'm really thankful for the whole process. Bloody brilliant..

I feel very happy and also fortunate to have had the opportunity to have participated in the mentorship, and that Michael even took on this monumental task in the first place. There is nowhere you would get this. The quality is self-evident, and I don't mean to be malicious when I say that if you cannot see that, then you are likely going to be the biggest problem in your own development. It's very apparent that Michael is the real deal. He's a hard-working and genuine dude with good integrity, and it's incredible to have found a mentor that possesses these qualities to such a large degree while also being as exceptionally skilled and experienced a trader as he is. Real rarity.

This was high-quality craftsmanship and dedication. Proper learning taught by a great teacher. Thanks ICT! :)
Alicante, Spain,
Sep 16, 2017,

Best trading education I have done .

This mentorship has been truly an opportunity to really learn to trade and ICT has delivered and more on anything he sais he was going to do.

I joined in mid January 2017 so right from the start I felt behind. In August I received all the content and completed the mentorship. They way the mentorship
is delivered is that each month there were new topics but it did not had any connection. So at times I have felt overwelmed and did not know when to use what however it all came together in August. It is now 2 weeks after the end and I am forever grateful for ICT.
I truly believe in time it will change my live. Thank you ICT!

Aug 31, 2017 - 5 Stars Michael shared his life work and he did it topic by topic. Throughout the 12 months I have been lost and overwelmed several times with all the content. However at the end of the mentorship it has all come together.
Michael has been providing the content in such a way we can be independent traders and think for ourselves. It covered bonds, commodities, forex, indexs and stocks. From price action to the mental game. I am forerever grateful of this opportunity and know I will have this for the rest of my life.