PipsUniversity.com Review

Nick Thompson

Updated: Jul 17, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?
PipsUniversity.com
On August 6th, 2018, a large number of reviews began pouring in for Pips University.  Nearly all were positive.  The FPA considered this behavior suspicious, but continued to moderate the individual reviews normally.

On August 10th, a reviewer reported that compensation had been offered for reviews.  Evidence was posted in the discussion thread showing that an offer of "hats or a t shirt or something" was made for those who left reviews at the FPA.  The US Federal Trade Commission specifically states that compensated reviews must disclose the compensation.  CLICK HERE for more information on FTC endorsement guidelines.  The FPA considers offering compensation for reviews to be unethical.  The FPA does not permit compensated reviews.

The FPA is unapproving all reviews, positive and negative, submitted since the beginning of this incident, except for the one review warning us about the compensation.  The FPA has contacted the FTC and will not be approving any new reviews for Pips University until after getting advice from the FTC.

Join live discussion of PipsUniversity.com on our forum

joe,
New York, USA,
May 18, 2018,

marketer not a trader

I joined pips U with hopes to become a successful Forex trader. At first I was very impressed with the training videos and wealth of knowledge Nick seemed to have. As I continued my journey as a Pips U member more and more seemed to become evident about this "school". first I realized on the signup page he had listed a countdown for cheaper pricing, this countdown was nothing more than a marketing gimmick to get you to sign up quickly as the prices remain the same from when I joined. I signed up for the elite $500 package which has a list of benefits over the other packages. I then came to realize that no matter the package you get basically the same thing. The biggest driver for me in the most expensive package was the group chat, I later found out everyone gets the group chat. I was very excited to "start my new life" as he says in the intro. but after losing signal after another my suspicions grew stronger about this Forex Wizard. I also then found out that the only review on his site is posted by a very close friend of his giving it no real credibility at all. His $1000 account challenge seemed like exactly what I wanted at the time, the ability to start with a small sum of money and grow it with an expert there to help whenever I needed. This was not the case. We were lucky to hear from nick maybe once a week with maybe 1 out of 10 signals being profitable. He recently decided to do a full rebranding of his "University" and has been a little more on top of things but his lessons are outdated techniques and a lot of useless information that is not relevant to today's market. All of what he teaches can easily be found on youtube for free. if you are ok with paying money for coin toss signals and easily sourced learning information than Pips U is exactly what you want. He is a marketer and nothing else I think he honestly would have been more successful working for a marketing firm rather than selling hopes and dreams to people who truly want to learn. There is no track record available anywhere on his personal account the only My Fx book he has is on the $1000 account which if you assume he took the same trades on his main account he is not a very good trader at all. I can't forget to mention that If you are a member and ask for his verified track record he WILL kick you from Pips university with no refund or reason why. Stay away and happy trading!

Dalton Brooks,
Spring Texas, USA,
May 18, 2018,

SCAM! I BELIEVE HE WAS UP .57% IN 6 MONTHS OF TRADING. WAS RUDE TO ANYONE WHO QUESTIONED HIS BRILLIANCE AND NO REFUNDS FOR C*** SERVICE, THANKFULLY I NEVER TOOK HIS TRADES.

Florida, USA,
May 11, 2018,

Graduated with PhD in losing money

Pips University is run by one guy, Nick Thompson. When you sit back and think about how only one person can perform all of the services that are promised on his website at PipsU, you quickly realize that his upgraded packages are a complete scam. I don't want to give him a 1 Star because there actually is a tiny bit of value mainly due to his videos, especially for beginners, but overall this guy is not a professional trader. This was evident after I signed up a couple of months or so ago and watched how he responded through his first trade. As a newbie, you think you can rely on signals from a "professional", but when the trade kept going against us there was no response, no trade adjustments, nothing. Nobody gets it right all of the time, that's just trading. But to just sit back and watch 500+ people relying on your signal lose money, trade after trade, speaks volumes for his character. Also, don't get mesmerized by his $1K to $1M challenge...he's down after the first 4 months in...not a shock to you as a PipsU grad.

May 11, 2018,

Pips U Sells Snake Oil and Pipe Dreams

Nick Tompson of Pips University, is the epitome of a modern day charlatan selling nothing more than snake oil and pipe dreams. I was hoodwinked to say the least, supporting his group by answering questions for other members around the clock, free of charge. Nick has now BANNED myself and nearly a dozen other members WITHOUT REFUND for questioning the validity of his methods and signals.

He has 3 packages ranging from $199 for 1 year signals to a $500 package that includes training videos, webinars, analysis grading etc. He claims to trade a multi–million dollar account, and to be an expert trader, however he has never produced any proof of a verified live account. He also has not been profitable in any regard in the six months I have joined (all documented on his $1000 challenge account).

His education is comprised of nothing but repackaged garbage patterns, that haven’t worked since 2016 and that one could easily obtain from free YouTube videos or babypips.com.

He has failed to deliver on the lifetime packages with no weekly webinars, providing analysis only a few times a week and being incredibly inactive and hands off. He does not monitor his trades and lets them all turn to losers. He has failed to answer client’s questions. He has roughly a 20% win rate and is never looking at the charts. If he spent less time at the golf range and buying fake Rolex watches, he may have a shot at making it in this industry.

Don’t walk away from Pips University – RUN!