FTMO Review

Updated: Jul 9, 2020 · FTMO.com  · Is this your company?
FTMO

Join live discussion of FTMO.com on our forum

FTMO.com profile provided by FTMO support, Jun 13, 2018

TT, Trinidad and Tobago,
Jul 7, 2020,

Best prop firm out there

By far the best prop firm out there. Received my first profit split and challenge refund. Customer service is excellent. Always receive timely responses to my emails. Excellent overall

Glasgow, United Kingdom,
Jun 28, 2020,

FTMO - Changing my life

Hi,

Just a quick note to offer some reassurance from a complete stranger.

I have read a few people doubting that FTMO will pay out on profits and refund. My wife was one of those sceptics!

I have 2 100k accounts with FTMO. The profit share and refund was paid out promptly on both accounts.

The team at FTMO answer queries quickly and have been professional throughout.

Trading with FTMO is changing my life. I started off as a naive trader, thinking I could turn my own money in to a big pot to live off. Now I know better, FTMO is helping me actually achieve those aims.

I thought I was disciplined in my trading before FTMO but using their rules really pushed me to analyse in more detail what I was doing wrong. Make no mistake, don’t dive in to this thinking it will be easy. It is challenging but it was the challenge I needed to become consistently profitable.

My personal trading approach involves sometimes holding positions over the weekend which I can’t do with FTMO but understandable as to why they don’t allow this.

All the best

Nowy Targ, Poland,
Jun 25, 2020,

Very good

Withdraw is complete with not problem good proces. I recommend this company is very good and professional.

Florida, USA,
Jun 25, 2020,

Ftmo Live Account/ Profit Split

FTMO is a great investor company and trustworthy. I actually received my profit split as they promised. They also assist you with becoming a better trader. Great company in my opinion!

W,
Somewhere-in, USA,
Jun 24, 2020,

Recently Funded, Overall Positive Experience.

Overall I've had a very positive experience trading with FTMO. Every chance they have they provide excellent support. I have been funded and received my first profit split along with a full refund for the cost of the challenge and am looking forward to completing additional challenges and growing the account.

Their LMAX data feed has had some issues which understandably isn't ideal but they do offer to review your trade logs and will compensate you accordingly if you've been negatively affected. Keep in mind this issue resides with the data feed, not FTMO, and so far I've only experienced it on two days.

london, United Kingdom,
Jun 13, 2020,

Great Idea!

I like the idea of FTMO and currently trying out the challenge. I take it on a 10k account you dont really have 10K to trade with more like 10K buying Power with a max loss of 10% (funded&challenge) which is a little on the downside for me.

Secondly, you have to trade a min of 10 trading days so around 2 weeks (mon-fri) but if a trader reaches his profit target within 5 days then why not let the person advance onto the next stage? i understand they want to check the consistency of the trader but i think they need to let them just progress onto the next stage..

EXAMPLE- 1K PROFIT TARGET REACHED WITHIN 5 DAYS = 5 DAYS STILL LEFT TO TRADE- ( THE TRADER IS NOT GOING TO TRADE WITH NORMAL LOT SIZES AND RISK GETTING INTO A LOSS WHILST HES PASSED THE CHALLENGE.. SO TO ME I THINK IT WOULD BE OKAY IF THEY WOULD LET THE TRADER ADVANCE TO THE NEXT STAGE.

i understand they dont really want traders to pass in quick time but if a trade is going our way and running into profit we wont just close it because ftmo want to see how consistent we are ?

however besides that FTMO is a great platform to get funding with less capital if you can prove you can profit constantly and the possibilities are endless. you can make good money from this and the fact that we get an opportuinty to do so is lovely.

GOOD LUCK !

Weston Super Mare, United Kingdom,
Jun 12, 2020,

So glad I found this company!

F.T.M.O has been the best trading decision that I have ever made. It took me a few attempts at the challenge before passing but that was my fault as I simply was not ready and made stupid mistakes. Mostly money management and trying to rush and complete it too quickly.

I have been funded with them just over a month now and I received my first profit split and my challenge fee two days ago. Their customer service is nothing short of excellent which gives me massive peace of mind!

I will be doing two more challenges very soon and then I plan to combine all of them into one account.

Devon, United Kingdom,
Jun 11, 2020,

Great oppotunity for people with trading skill but low capital

So I've had my first withdrawal which came through very fast and the team contacted me very professionally explaining how to proceed with the invoice etc.
Great company couldn't recommend for a young trader like myself 20 years old taking home $6,700.
Amazing working towards a $300k account

New Hampshire, USA,
Jun 10, 2020,

Serious Problem - Unrealistic Expectations

There is a really serious problem with this company's requirements to graduate past the initial funded account size. A 34.5% annualized return rate (in 10% four month intervals) is required to move up from the initial 100k to a 175k account in the first year. Don't believe me? Here is their wording taken directly from https://ftmo.com/en/scaling-plan/

"Capital increments on the FTMO account take place in four-month cycles. For a capital increase, the trader has to gain at least 10 added percent points in four consecutive months (i.e., the average of at least 2.5% gain per month)."

This is BAD for two reasons:
1. It is difficult for conservative traders with minimal drawdown to increase their funding. These are the traders most wanted by hedge funds, so it begs the question of what FTMO's goals and motivations might be.
2. It forces traders to "take shots" at increasing their funding, and this may force traders to deviate from their optimal money management strategies.

My advice to improve your advancement/scaling model:
Reward traders for consistency over bi-annual or annual periods. You can still keep the 4-month increase model, but if you have traders who consistently bring in 15-20% year after year who are staying at the initial 100k, they will be gone like the wind. You are ensuring that you lose some of your best traders. But then again, maybe your business model does not rely on profitable trader retention.

Maryland, USA,
Jun 3, 2020,

Trustworthy and Consistent

FTMO is awesome. I first heard about them exactly a year ago and got very excited about the idea of receiving a large amount of capital to trade for very little risk (something all of us beginning traders obviously struggle with). I first ran through their free trial a few times to see if I could pass the challenge. After feeling confident enough, I ran my first challenge this past February for $10,000 of capital. After passing the challenge, I proceeded on to the verification stage (which was much easier), and finally received the live account a little over a month ago. Although I only made a little bit of profit my first month, they were true to their word and gave me my 70% portion. I received the profit in my Skrill account a few days ago and withdrew to my bank account to really make sure it was real. I also received the refund for the challenge fee back on my credit card. So far everything has been exactly as they've advertised and the communication is fast and reliable. I truly only have good things to say about this team. I've felt welcomed and a part of them since day one. I'm currently running a $50,000 aggressive challenge to hopefully secure some more capital and increase my profitability. I'm looking forward to a long and healthy relationship ahead with them.