FTMO Review

Updated: Aug 7, 2020 · FTMO.com  · Is this your company?
FTMO

Join live discussion of FTMO.com on our forum

FTMO.com profile provided by FTMO support, Jun 13, 2018

Toronto, Canada,
May 7, 2020,

Horrible Service

So quick story, I have never traded an MT4 platform in my life. I am a futures trader for the last 15 years part-time. Do to the COVID 19 I have lost my job and decided to try out a funded account. I started a Trial account at FTMO to practice for one day and that evening opened a 25,000 Challenge. The next morning I wanted to practice with placing stops and limit orders on the Trail account but I was logged into the Challenge account by accident. Please remember I had no prior experience with MT4. I place 8 to 10 random trades all at the same time just to practice moving stops and limits and taking partial orders off etc... I did not think twice about this because I assumed it was a trial account. I practiced for about 20 mins and then left all the trades open and went to trade my live futures account not even thinking about it. My plan was to start the challenge the following day. Later that day I found out that I had not been in the Trial account but I had been in my Challenge account and the trades violated the challenge rules. So I wrote the company explaining the mistake and they rudely refused to make an exception for me. It was literally the first day of the Challenge and only an idiot would place 8 random 1 lot orders on the same instrument at the same moment it was clearly practice.
Dominic,
Essex, United Kingdom,
May 5, 2020,

FTMO is

I know there is a lot of scepticism in terms of whether FTMO pays their clients and I would like to help to clear this up.

I have, since 2019 November, been attempting to get a FTMO account and finally in my second attempt I managed to get one.
The process of getting the account after completing the verification took a little while, however by April 1st I had my login details, and as it was the first of the month and you get paid every 30days, I thought it made sense to open a 0.01 lot postion to ensure payment on may 1st

On May 1st, after making a profit of $2,593 for the first month , I got sent an email to complete an invoice to process my payment. Now although it took a little while, most likely because the 1st fell on the weekend therefore I had to wait for till the Monday, when the payment finally arrived in my account in my national currency of the £. Later on that day I received my refund from the third party you first pay to when purchasing the challenge.

Overall FTMO is perfectly sound, and what they say they do is exactly what they do. I myself was skeptical at first, and even with the payment not coming till Monday, me being an anxious person did get a little worried especially as it was my first payment but everything was fine and I finally received my first ever payment from Fx after a long time of studying. I would highly suggest to anyone who feels they are capable of completing the challenge and verification to use FTMO services and attempt their challenge .

Dublin, Ireland,
May 4, 2020,

Trustable

I have received my first profit split. Challenge fee was refunded to my account too, so really I can trust them. Hopefully I'll be able to work with them for long time. Very helpful staff if you have any queries.

NJ, USA,
Apr 30, 2020,

Received first full profit-spit payment

I want to thank the team at FTMO for quickly sending me my first profit split of $6,237 and the refund of my challenge! I look forward to future profit splits with FTMO and I highly recommend them to any FOREX trader that is serious about trading and wants to make $ without risking there own capital.

ROME, Italy,
Apr 29, 2020,

A 5 star Company for traders

I would like to share my experience with FTMO, i am with them since 23rd of March, when i started my FTMO funded account ( after passing successfully the challenge and verification fase) the company is really serious and legit, you get immediate response to any of your questions, doubts, and most importantly the profit split is just within 24hours.
I was also sceptical about my profit split because it was €12.040,00 ( 12thousand euros) and guess what? i received them in just 1 working day + they refund you the fee of challenge.
What else you can ask ? you have a huge amount to trade with + they cover all the losses..of course you have to be very disciplined and follow the rules to not violate the maximum daily/monthly loss.
Thank you to Mr. Otakar Suffner Ceo and cofounder of Ftmo and to all the team for support.
Varna, Bulgaria,
Apr 29, 2020,

Very strict with the rules, but highly professional

Just wanted to share my experience with FTMO as a gesture of good will on my part; I've been using their service for some time now, they are quite strict with the rules. As long as you follow the Contract articles though, they are great partners, with excellent client support, and a regular profit split payments.

Can highly recommend for disciplined traders!
CHENNAI, India,
Apr 28, 2020,

UPDATE REGARDING PREVIOUS POST . TECHNICAL ERROR

THEY HAVE RESOLVED MY ISSUE AND OFFERED ME A NEW CHALLENGE. THANKS A LOT .

Apr 14, 2020 - 1 Star FTMO please respond .
I would like to share my experience with ftmo . I opened a 10000$ challenge account . There has been a mistake with them . My account no 19899969

The daily maximum loss = closed position + open position floating p/l . Which shouldn’t go above 5% of the initial capital on anytime of the day . So here it goes I will explain it clearly all my trades closed today on 14th of April 2020 .I had a equity of 10002$
1 . Eurusd opened on 13th of April closed it today on 14th . Had a loss of 254$ . The trade had stop loss . And it got triggered .
And I still have a room to have a loss of 246$

I checked the metrix it showed I can lose 500 maximum loss today . So I opened the today’s trade and all went in loss . And all had a stop loss . So it is determined keeping in mind that if I cross the loss above 5% I will be out of the challenge .

I took the trades 2 ) usdjpy closed with -52.97$ . Stop loss triggered
3) usdjpy closed break even .
4) usdjpy closed -64.12 sl triggered
5) usdjpy closed -69.70 sl triggered

All together losses of the closed positions is 463.28 . Keep in mind I have all my trades with stoploss . So I know how much I’m losing . Open floating and closed position my trades never went above -463.28$ . But they have stopped my challenge. Saying I have violated the maximum daily loss . Which I haven’t . I hope FTMO will look into it and solve the problem as earliest as possible .

George,
UK, United Kingdom,
Apr 27, 2020,

If you don't realise this is a scam then you are quite some idiot.

Only going to post this once. A friend of my son asked me to look at this. I'm a prop trader and have been for over twenty years. I've also been around a bit. All the reviews with glowing praise are clearly bollocks. NO ONE offers risk on accounts for $ 800 up front and then 70% of the profits. Think about it. $ 800 in FX trading is so tiny it's like trying to find a knat's testicle with a welding mask and gloves. But hey ho - go ahead and make the scammers happy and give them your $ 800. And when you work it out that it is a scam, you can go ahead and feel really F...g stupid. Since you are.
United Kingdom, United Kingdom,
Apr 23, 2020,

110% Legit Prop Firm - A++ Customer Service

After a friend recommended me FTMO in Dec 2019 after a little research on their website I decided to join in January 2020. Sceptical at 1st, my worries were dispelled with the exceptional customer services that was offered by FTMO.

I completed the final verification in March and was awarded by Fund Account. Initial Profit split and Challenge Fee was paid out in less than 48 Hours.

I would highly recommend their services.

United States, USA,
Apr 23, 2020,

Funded Trader

I recently was funded by FTMO. I have since received my first profit split as promised and my refund for the challenge fee. Great company and experience so far!