TradeStation.com Review Visit site

Updated: Aug 17, 2018
October 2017:  The FPA is informed that TradeStation no longer offers forex.  The company now allows clients to trade stocks, options, and futures.

TradeStation is a stock broker. Trade Station offers online trading through mobile app. TradeStation.com offers stocks, ETFs, options and futures for your personal investment and trading options.

TradeStation.com

Join live discussion of TradeStation.com on our forum

Florida, USA,
Jun 25, 2017,

Customer Care is Very Lacking

Getting set up took longer than needed and they aren't very helpful to a new person trying to understand the nuances of their platform. It's not a bad trading platform once you understand it though.
My issues are with the poor job they do allowing someone to manage the funds in the acct. You can't set up beneficiaries online and have to use snail mail to do that. After sending in the requested forms for both a Futures and Equity account, I received a confirmation letter recognizing the change to the Equity account but nothing about the Futures. I found out later they don't allow it for a Futures account, but they never let me know that. They just let it die with no response at all. That's poor.
Then when I decided to move most of my futures cash onto the equity side, the website seemed to allow it but logging in the next day I saw noting moved, in fact half of the equity money was in the futures acct. WTF?!?
A good trading platform is one thing, but you can't separate it from how a customers money is managed. They told me they'd send me my cash via postal service rather than allow me to transfer it to the equity side and electronically move it to another broker. That's 1980's style money mgmt and just pisspoor.
Mobile, USA,
Jun 23, 2016,

Tim again, unfortunately I have encountered additional problems using Trade Station Web platform. I was unable to submit a double diagonal SPX spread order. It was also confirmed that the web portal does not allow closing of spread orders as one order. To close a spread order thru the web you will have to submit each side of the spread separately. These type of orders are standard orders and should be part of any online trading system.

2016-06-06 2Star As a new user I have found setting up frustrating. I have spent over 4.5 hours to just to try and setup my screens. They have a complicated setup in which you have to setup many screens if your also trading options. I have found that I cannot relie on the documentation as many of the parts that I tried do not follow the actual screens. On the positive side I have found the telephone service have very courteous. However you many have to call several area depending on what you want to do.
Louisville, KY, USA,
Jan 25, 2016,

I've been with TS almost since their beginning and while they have had growing pains, they are one of the top US Forex STP/ECN Brokers. Their platform is excellent and well supported. I did have an order execution problem several years ago and it was resolved when they added $9,000.00 USD back to my account. I tried MT4 for awhile but returned to TS.
Benicia, USA,
Jan 15, 2016,

Terrible, frustrating experience with Tradestation. I opened a demo account, deposited 5K to avoid monthly charges.

When I tried to close the account, I was given the run-a-round for several weeks, told I must fill out more funds and wait several more weeks.

I would avoid this service at all costs.
Florida, USA,
Jun 25, 2015,

I love their charts and platform. However I have had problems with their trade fills, ghosts orders and execution on several instances. I started taking screenshots of all of my orders because of this and found it was an issue on their side not mine. The trade desk was anything but helpful. They basically had a "don't care" attitude.

I've filed complaints with the NFS but nothing is ever resolved. It is best to just keep your money elsewhere.
Northern California, USA,
Jun 12, 2015,

Been with Tradestation since mid-April 2015
-------------------------------------------------

Simulation Platform
- Good, but due to network issues, crashes frequently

Live Platform
- Ease of use - Good

Network
- crashes increasing; occurs multiple times a day O

Order Execution

- Indicators - Good
- ShowMe - Good
- PaintBars - Fair - not enough selection
- Strategy - Good
- Strategy- Automated - Poor- automated strategies do not execute reliably, unable to rely on them

Platform Education
- Good - however, some speakers sometimes brush over key details related to platform usage; seem to assume that all viewers are intermediate to advanced traders, obviously not true

Summary
- Fair - Issues with network crashes, order & strategy execution, slippage and forex spreads make the utilization of their service risky and can cause under-performance of trades. Good charts.

I'm writing this right now (10:14 am PST, Friday, June 12, 2015) because the network is down... again!
May 29, 2014,

I have had a situation where I was contacted by Tradestation sales team when I checked out their demo version. When I said I was not interested in opening the account with them for certain reasons, the sales person - Bruce Brotin was actually abusive ! Had to take it up the matter with FIRNA.
miami, USA,
Dec 28, 2013,

At first I really liked the TS experience, they had everything. Once I started trading live with real money everything went to hell. Stop hunting, manipulation, ghost orders that get change without you knowing it and a new word I learn recently trading the EURUSD requoting. Good luck with these people specially Anthony and John JaleeChen. Everytime something messed up happens they are involved I dont know why?
Boca Raton, USA,
Mar 22, 2013,

Charts are good, demo platform is adequate, however frequently crashes, live platform is BAD. Execution even at times of extremely high liquidity on major FOREX pairs is terrible. Slippage is high, spreads are excessive. High risk, poor return. Why would you go with these guys? For pretty charts......
, USA,
Dec 18, 2012,

I have been trading with Tradestation before they traded Forex, once they went to Forex I moved an account over and opened a Forex account. there used to be a commission when they used gain capital to fill trades, but now there is no omissions, there charts are great and I am profitable month after month not only do I trade my personal account but I also manage accounts for others and use Tradestation to do so. Customer support has always been great.