TradeStation.com Review

Updated: Oct 23, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

TradeStation is a stock broker. Trade Station offers online trading through mobile app. TradeStation.com offers,stocks, ETFs, options and futures for your personal investment and trading options.

TradeStation.com
October 2017:  The FPA is informed that TradeStation no longer offers forex.  The company now allows clients to trade stocks, options, and futures.

Exchanges: NYSE, Nasdaq
Minimum to Open Live: $2,000
Established: 1982
Address: 8050 SW 10TH STREET SUITE 2000 PLANTATION, FL 33324, United States
Contact: Sales@TradeStation.com, 800.770.4049
Regulators: FINRA #, SEC #8-48711, SIPC #
Trading Commission: $0.005 per share
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, ACH (Automated Clearing House), Check
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, ACH (Automated Clearing House)

Join live discussion of TradeStation.com on our forum

John,
Virginia,
May 1, 2008,

I would not recommend them for short term trading. This issues with GAIN listed in this thread are real. They also use fractional PIPs so you are making an automatic donation for every trade. Having said all that the Trade Station charting and system testing capabilities are excellent and if you are in for longer term trades it is well worth looking at.

bigeasytrader,
Louisiana,
Oct 2, 2007,

i just started using TS it is extreemly flexible and execution is
great, Also has excellent technical tools built in. Order placement is so flexible takes a while to get used to all options.

TS Trader,
TX,
Aug 13, 2007,

I use TS for my online commodity trading and I believe it to be great. I have not traded forex with them nor anyone else as I am new to it. However, with their 8.3 version I will start trading. If it is as good as their present platform it too should be great.

Mindzio,
Lithuania,
Aug 22, 2007,

I was traded stocks using this platform for 2.5 years. Orders execution very fast, no latency or delay, a lot of possibilities: indicators, strategies, news. I'm very happy with Tradestation and last month I was opened second account to trade futures. Highly recommend!!

JoeSDF,
Louisville, KY, USA,
Jan 25, 2016,

I've been with TS almost since their beginning and while they have had growing pains, they are one of the top US Forex STP/ECN Brokers. Their platform is excellent and well supported. I did have an order execution problem several years ago and it was resolved when they added $9,000.00 USD back to my account. I tried MT4 for awhile but returned to TS.

Mike,
, USA,
Dec 18, 2012,

I have been trading with Tradestation before they traded Forex, once they went to Forex I moved an account over and opened a Forex account. there used to be a commission when they used gain capital to fill trades, but now there is no omissions, there charts are great and I am profitable month after month not only do I trade my personal account but I also manage accounts for others and use Tradestation to do so. Customer support has always been great.

Phil,
Coral Springs, FL,
Nov 23, 2007,

TradeStation is the total package. I have used their platfrom for over 5 years now and trade stocks, options, and forex. Now that they have integrated forex I can trade and track all instruments right from the platfrom. TradeStation is programmable and can be of great assistance in helping watch the market.

Forex is cleared through Gain but I have yet to experience a problem with that. Every broker clears through someone else. The spreads are competitive and the executions are instant.

Years ago customer service wait times were lengthy but over the last year they have addressed this and there are virtually no hold times at all. The trade desk can be a little curt at times but the need to call them is rare.

TradeStation is a professional platform that can be leased for $250/month or $100/month with a small account. If you trade 10 lots or 100 minis in a month the platfrom is free.

4xTrader2,
Texas,
Aug 27, 2007,

I have been using TradeStation trading platform for the last 5 years for equities and have found the application solid, good performing, and easily programmable for indicators and strategies. The company is publicly traded and has been excellent to deal with.
They previously used to set up FX accounts for trading through Gain Capital (they still may) but with release 8.3 they began allowing trading direct with their platform. They do not have a dealing desk and your orders go straight to market.

I have traded FX with them during the Gain Capital years (less than satisfactory) and now for the last few months using their platform. I couldn't ask for a better platform. I have several accounts with them (IRA, equities, futures, FX) and can watch and trade on all of them. You can place trades between the bid and ask and you are charged a commission instead of the pip spread (about 5 bucks for USD/JPY). They do not deal in mini contracts on their platform. I do not have any complaints with them and find they have been excellent to deal with. Also, no lag in the market during volatility.

No, I am not their planted schill...I trade with my own money, and have used several other FX platforms including RFXT, MBTrading, ACM, FFDD, and GFT. I haven't gotten as good of service from any of the other providers.