ActivTrades.com Review

Updated: Sep 21, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

ActivTrades are forex brokers. Activ Trades offers the MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, and the ActivTrader proprietary web and mobile top forex platforms. Activtrades.com offers over 45 currency pairs, Indexes, ETFs, as well as Commodities and Shares CFDs for your personal investment and trading options., Activtrades also offers Spread Betting for UK residents.

ActivTrades.com

FSA #434413

Click here to read an FSA Penalty against ActivTrades in March 2011.

Established: 2001
Address: 1 Thomas More Square London, E1W 1YN, United Kingdom
Contact: englishdesk@activtrades.com, +44 (0) 207 6500 567
Regulators: SCB #199667 B, FCA #434413
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, ActivTrader
CFD: (35+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, Ngan Luong, PayPal, Skrill, SOFORT
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill

Join live discussion of ActivTrades.com on our forum

Sep 18, 2020,

Reliable and honest broker

I have been trading with Activtrades for about 3 years. It started off with Activtrades Plc (FCA regulated), which is then migrated to Activtrades Corp (SCB regulated) due to the leverage restriction imposed by ESMA. Overall, I am happy with their service. Deposit and withdrawl is fast and free with Skrill. Spread and swaps are reasonable with no commission charged. Additional insurance is provided by the company up to $1m at no extra costs to the clients.

BRAZIL, Brazil,
May 28, 2020,

Bad expirience

I'm trading with that forex company almost 6 years, and now they start to play... and what horrible game.
I have few accounts with them (small balance) but there is no diference if they hold $10 or $10k... money is money.
So, in one of my accounts I have almost $300 bucks... using that acc to trade my personal trading rules and blablabla... I had two orders opened (positive orders) and than tried to open new one, as you can see in the image: http://prntscr.com/spkmdw
So, to not take to long here goes part of the chat with their support:

:::CHAT with Activtrades SUPPORT:::

[Ruben] what is the problem with my account?
[Ruben] ?
[Desmond] hi there, you have insufficient margin to place the order
[Ruben] how can this be possible?
[Ruben] My orders are all positive
[Ruben] I have almost $300 and I can't open an order with 0.01 lot?
[Ruben] this isn't right
[Desmond] at this time, in your account, you have as free margin 42.83. Yes, your current balance is showing 274.89, however, your ability to open position (free margin) is currently 42.83. The margin required for GBPAUD at 0.2 volume is 61.64
[Desmond] that is why it is not taking the order
[Desmond] insufficient margin
[Ruben] Jesus, I never saw nothing like this before
[Ruben] that means Activtrades is holding $230 of my own balance and don't allow me to use it
[Ruben] that's really sad

So, my advice is: TAKE CARE!

Paul,
Slough, United Kingdom,
May 25, 2020,

Real shame, they play you "legally"

I would NEVER recommend Active trades to anyone who has any capital to invest.
They have all the "legal" justifications to explain what happens to you at every trade, even when it does not make sense.
Many issues happened with myself and the company was always "right". They find a way to "legally" play with your money, you feel stolen.
The platform is poor, lacks professional tools, customer service is awful. I would say they are amateurs making a living with our money.
This review is very honest, from someone who had many weird situations happening while trading with Actitrades.
Find a better platform!
Mad, Spain,
Apr 9, 2020,

Overall Good

I've been using this broker since 2016 and I'd say is overall a good broker.

Pros:
- Deposit and withdrawal are fast with no commissions under SEPA territory.
- Swaps are reasonable
- Few slippage
- Fast excution times under ESMA - retail client regulation

Cons:
- Support is slow when it comes to ask for reports, tax, etc
- Some recurrent connection problems at London servers
- Slow execution times are bad for professional clients, about 200-400 ms!!! (As I traded first as retail and later as Pro I've found this unacceptable difference)
Limassol, Cyprus,
Apr 1, 2020,

Complicated process

Just to slow with the KYC procedure documents.
After deposit they search for reason to to allow you trading.
Withdrawal request placed. It might take ages to get the money back.
Demo leverage up to 400. Real account only 1:30.
Ekaterinburg, Russian Federation,
Mar 18, 2020,

Kitchen!!!

I found that the company simply deleted profitable deals from my trading history. As if they were not there. Transaction numbers 330962257 330962259 330962262 330962267 330962279 330962302

Milan, Italy,
Aug 28, 2019,

4 years with ActivTrades ...excelent broker

I am not a fake review ,My account number with ActivTrades is 2003289 on MT4 platform .I trade with ActivTrades for more than 4 years till today. Very serious broker . I entered this game to make money ,and i am always going to evaluate a broker from 2 aspects : 1. "Money" and 2."Execution".
1.Extremely fast withdrawals max 24 hours on credit card and even faster on my bank account (sometimes less than 2 hours).I also add that i NEVER paid commissions on any of my withdrawals.I am located in Italy so am regulated by EURO laws.
2.NO requotes...NO tricks against me to delete or to contest my trades aka "Price out of market" or whatever is used by fake brokers.Small spreads.I am an intraday scalper most of the time,swing trader the rest of the time.
I know he is a market maker as any other broker but from my point of view this broker deserve 5 stars and i'm going to highly recommend it to anyone...(withdrawed more than 50 times in 4 years and never had a problem!!! )
Sofia, Bulgaria,
Jul 24, 2019,

Worst Withdrawal Procedure I have EVER faced

With $50 profit in my account, they decided to send my initial deposit to Paypal and profit to Skrill which is not active. I faced substantial losses in double currency exchange operations and double withdrawal fees, card verification fees in Skrill.

Firstly, they confirmed my withdrawal and an hour later they contacted me via email that they could not send me the whole amount to Paypal as requested.

In Client Agreement, there is no information for withdrawals and how they process them. It is in their own discretion!

So, with $50 in profit, I actually found myself losing money when funds reached my bank account!

With this stool pigeon, now I must waste time in explaining to Tax authorities how I actually lost money trading with ActivTrades instead of realising a $50 profit.

Stay away from this inadequate broker. All will be perfect if you lose money but when you start to make profits, then the nightmares begin!
Pernambuco, Brazil,
May 9, 2019,

Brokerage makes it very difficult to make withdrawals

Brokerage makes it very difficult to make withdrawals, I've been more than 24 hours with a withdrawal processing for neteller, until I lose my patience and cancel it, I made another and it will be 24 hours, besides they do not let me take the whole money using just one method of withdrawal, put too much difficulty,
account 894479
Vitor,
Maia, Portugal,
Feb 27, 2019,

Unpleasant experience

Update on may previous reviews as of 2014-8-23 and 2015-9-23:

Just to express my dissatisfaction concerning a unpleasant and unprofessional demanding related to a withdrawal:
- Some days ago I felt the necessity of suspend my trading activities, due a persistent familar problem. As such I sent an email to customer support informing such a situation and at same time requesting a entire witdrawal. For my surprise I received an email from the broker with two strange demands:

(1) In order to proceed I must prove my bank account credentials with IBAN, Swift, etc, by means of an bank extract.

(2) I must send a print screen of my bank web site, with all the details visible (acc number again, and other personal data), including my server date and time on right down corner screen.

Regarding demanding #1, it was strange given the fact several deposits and withdrawals were done since 2014 to and from the very same bank account. Nothing has changed since my first day with Activtrades!

Regarding demand #2 I felt like being treated like a criminal, may be suspected of money laundry. I have significant experience with business environment and I'm quite sure that demand #2 was absolutely unjustified and not solving any potential issue related to money laundry or other criminal issue. Advised by my business lawyer, I sent both two informations in order to not delaying the withdrawal. In sum, a normal process that could take up two days at most, this one was done in one week (Monday morning to Friday afternoon).

Unjustified, unpleasant and unprofessional behaviour.

Sep 23, 2015 - 5 Stars Complementing my previous review on 2014-08-14, I am able to share more experiences with Activtrades - Widrawals were executed quickly according to SEPA standards and customer support is very good, thanks to quick and good service provided by Mr. Aleksandar Temelkov.

2014-08-23 4 Stars After almost four months of being a client with a small account, I would like to say my experience has been good. Even I can say no negative issues at the present.

Spreads on forex are reasonable, without commissions. Since I'm not a day trader or even a scalper, I don't have opinion regarding trading news or other related issues. In my swing trading, slippage on stops has been also reasonable (0.5 pips on average).

For those interested on stock trading (west european only), they apply very low commissions, which allows small accounts like mine to trade with a very good relationship between position size, costs and risks.

Opening account and funding process was done rapidly. I didn't withdraw any money yet, so I don't have elements to evaluate.
For now, I'm being conservative and give them four stars. I'ii be back some months later to update my review.