Dukascopy Review

Updated: Oct 30, 2020 · Dukascopy.com  · Is this your company?

Dukascopy is an online forex broker. Dukascopy offers the MetaTrader 4,SWFX mobile, and JForex online currency trading top platforms. Dukascopy.com offers over 40 currency pairs, CFDs, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

Dukascopy

Established: 2004
Address: Route de Pré-Bois 20 ICC, Entrance H 1215 Geneva 15, Switzerland
Contact: +41 22 799 4888
Regulators: FINMA #
Trading platforms: MT4, jForex
Cryptocurrencies: (2) Bitcoin, Ethereum
CFD: (605+) Gold, Silver, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, Bank Gurantees, Maestro, Neteller, Other Crypto Currencies, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire

Join live discussion of Dukascopy.com on our forum

Dukascopy.com profile provided by Dukascopy Support, Jan 16, 2018

Dukascopy is an online forex broker based in Geneva, Switzerland. Dukascopy offers the MetaTrader 4, Jforex, Web, iOS and Android online currency trading top platforms. Dukascopy.com offers over 60 currency pairs, CFDs, binaries and precious metals for your personal investment and trading options. Dukascopy Bank is regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA both as a bank and a securities dealer.

Krystian,
CANADA,
Mar 19, 2006,

I traded with dukascopy twice, alone and with managed account. The good things first - customer service is ok, they've got much better java based platform than Oanda that allows to automate trades once certain signal lines cross. The slippage is high and they don't like SCALPING - if profits of 1-6 pips constitute over 30% of your income you will be kicked out, unless you sign for interbank trading, starting from 10000$. They allow for opposite trading on the same pairs which is great for speculators. They always returned my money back and they have extensive database for currency prices, volume with the frequency of quotes as little as every 10 seconds ! I used them very often for my analysis because they are free - therefore highly recommended to everybody :) Bad things - Do not sign up for their management fund programs, I lost over one grand, they simply mismanaged my money. Their spreads are higher than Oanda but if I were in Switzerland I would stick with them even though they lost my funds - they're still better in comparison with others.

Alessandro,
Jul 4, 2006,

I was trading with Dukascopy for 4 month. What I liked the most was the fact that those guys are providing real INTERBANK rates, the spread was amazing: 0.5-1.5 pip. The service is outstanding: they provide 24/7 technical support, Skype connection directly from the platform. I had a problem with my execution once, and with Dukascopy support it was solved immediately. The most important advantage of Dukascopy is that they don’t play against clients but try to help the client win the money. Now bad things: Dukascopy updates the platform quite often, which makes the DEMO trading platform unavailable for 10-20 mins. In general I would recommend this broker to traders.

Paul Williams,
Australia,
Nov 10, 2006,

I am a full-time private trader and small-time money manager. I have been trading FX spot for years ... countless years - I just love this market. When I read the reviews on this site, it is difficult to ascertain which ones are bona-fide, which ones are from competitors and which ones come from real professionals. Anyway, I do agree that market makers are hard to trade with. It is a tough market but blaming your broker is not the way forward. I used a market maker and made money. But needed a more professional outfit - a platform that could handle large orders, and I also needed to be comfortable placing my money - and other clients money -with them. I use Dukascopy Suisse. They are for professionals and have a "real" interbank market. The trading platform is ideal. It doesn't matter if you are into scalping, news trading, carry trades, whatever - and they are based in Switzerland - high integrity in the FX world. Yes they do charge comm, but the spreads are tight and you can trade within the spread. If you are good at your maths, and trade entry, it is cheaper than paying the spread with other market makers. Charting is standard so make sure you have your own software. I presume this will be rectified going forward. But I don't care, I have used the same charting software for years successfully so no need to change. Entry is not cheap, but they don't want riff-raff. I think it is about $50,000USD to open. Can't imagine moving.

Tom,
Jan 4, 2007,

They will decrease their commission from the 15th of January to 25 USD. Amazing. With the spread they provide via their decentralized marketplace, SWFX, it is a big present. Scalper like me can only be more happy. I am just enjoying. Customers service is perfect, always good feed back. Bad point: still need a better interface for placing bid/ask...they promise they will do it in the next 1 month. Let's see.

Jason,
Jan 17, 2007,

Congratulation to Dukascopy. They provide a really good customer service, never seen such a good support. Because of Swiss Traditions? I do not know, but they are a really good team. Concerning technology, they are really in advance, just read article on eforex magazine jan07 (e-forex.net) concerning the "Fight for liquidity, centralization vs decentralization". It explains how the SWFX - Swiss FX Marketplace works and how they get the biggest liquidity around the world. Bad point: not everybody can open an account, min. 50'000 USD. Anyway, if you can open an account, and if you understand how the marketplace execution works, open it. It is the biggest present the forex industry can provide us. Jason

Victoria,
Feb 11, 2007,

Make a visit to the commercial registry of the canton of Geneve where Dukascopy is registered and searched for the company with federal registration number CH-660-1823004-9. Now, as we can see from the result : Dukascopy SA is an anonymous society, with bearer shares (the beloved scheme of the owners which come from Eastern Europe, ) and capital of 100000 CHF. You can check all these facts, provided you know some French.

Guy,
Germany,
Feb 13, 2007,

I just started this week with this broker. They give me satisfaction, but we have to see in the long time. Sales: nice sales team.Trading: good if you use slippage control or if you place bid/ask. Customer support: day: perfect, night: never tested. Charts: need to be developed, bad point.

Vincent,
Mar 20, 2007,

I tell you, their demo always gets stop for update, but their live is fantastic. Very good technology.

Ludovic,
Mar 26, 2007,

Thanks to you guys. You are right, we can really recommend this interbank broker. Very good marketplace.

Matt,
California,
Apr 16, 2007,

I tried a demo account with Dukascopy, and the software seems really tight and together. The spreads are amazing, and I am planning on eventually trading with them as soon as I get my account large enough to meet their minimum deposit. I will rate them further after I trade with them on a live account.

Is dukascopy a good broker?

Unbiased traders reviews on ForexPeaceArmy is the best way to answer if Dukascopy is a good broker. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/52/dukascopy-forex-brokers.

Additionally, we'd recommend to check recent Dukascopy community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/dukascopy/.

What is dukascopy connect 911?

Dukascopy Connect 911 is a messenger with an integrated payment system from a Swiss bank. The messenger has the following features.

• Privacy. Use the secret chat function and your messages will disappear without a trace after closing the dialogue.
  • Full access to Swiss bank services. A possibility to open an account online from any part of the world. Instant money transfers, payments, online currency exchange, deposits, virtual and plastic cards.
  • Referral reward program. Invite your friends and get rewarded for each user who opens an account with Dukascopy Bank. The friends you invited will also receive a reward.

How do I deposit or withdraw money from Dukascopy?

Steps on how to deposit or withdraw money from Dukascopy.

• Login into your live trading platform.
  • Open the "My Account" report.
  • Desktop Platforms: Go to "Account" > "My Account"
  • Mobile Platforms: Go to "More" > "Account" > "Account settings"
  • Locate the Deposit and Withdrawal sections in the report.
  • Click on Deposit or withdraw on the method you would like to use.

Is dukascopy regulated?

Dukascopy Group mainly provides online and mobile trading services through the SWFX - Swiss FX Marketplace.

Is dukascopy a true ECN?

Dukascopy Bank executes orders of market participants on a Straight Through Processing basis.

Dukascopy Bank has no dealing desk and makes no requote.

Forex ECN accounts are available in Dukascopy Bank.