HotForex Review

Updated: Nov 25, 2020 · HotForex.com  · Is this your company?

HotForex is a forex broker. Hot Forex offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. HotForex.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, indices, shares, bonds, gold, silver, energies, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

HotForex
Part of HF Markets. Other websites include HFEU.com

Established: 2010
Contact: support@hotforex.com, +44-2033185978
Regulators: CySEC #183/12, FSC Mauritius #C110008214 , SVGFSA #22747 IBC 2015, FSA-S #SD015, FSCA #46632, DFSA # F004885
CFD: (5+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BitPay, FasaPay, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BitPay, FasaPay, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of HotForex.com on our forum

Samira Shetty,
India,
Oct 25, 2011,

It’s been a hard month since i have been trading with this broker, but i must say that i like this broker very much. The following are the reasons because of which i find Hot Forex an awesome broker: Less than 1 pip spread on Currenex on EURUSD, 50% deposit bonus, Instant deposits and timely withdrawal daily in the morning. An MT4 platform and a web based platform. And also I can trade on my iphone. They need to fixed there execution a bit but overall it’s an excellent broker.

DaveW,
UK,
Oct 25, 2011,

I feel it's only fair to update the review below while the situation is being worked out. Hotforex have been very good in communicating with me and are adamant that it is my bank that has messed up (or at least that Hotforex received the funds already converted in to USD). The issue I have is that my bank have assured me that they sent the funds in GBP with no instruction to convert. Apparently the funds were routed through a clearing bank in London and it is possible they converted the funds when they should not have done. I would have delayed this update for when the issue has been resolved but it is taking too long and I think reflects unfairly on Hotforex at this time.

Samir - my account manager has been very helpful and clearly doesn't like that I am unhappy & wants to do whatever he can to sort the situation out.

I will give a further update and rating when the situation is sorted out. I would give 5 stars for customer service so far.

DaveW,
UK,
Oct 21, 2011,

I can't comment on performance yet but I haven't had a good start. They hold accounts in Euro or USD and, being in the UK, I specifically asked via email to support what happens when I transfer GBP to a USD account - what rate do I get? how does the process work? etc.

I received a phone call pretty quickly, good start. They told me that the transfer would be subject to conversion at the current xe.com rates and that they charge no fees. I was pretty happy with that.

I then opened a live account and made a deposit. When it arrived I found the xe.com rate was around 1.59 USD/GBP and I received around 1.53!! I asked my "account manager" what rate was applied etc and was told "no idea - it would have been applied by your sending bank". Obviously not happy as I specifically transferred from my bank in GBP (I had a choice of currencies at the time and chose GBP as I knew my bank would get anywhere near xe.com rates if I chose USD).

I will let you know how they respond to my email where I have told them I am very unhappy. Obviously as they called me I do not have the confirmation of xe.com rates etc in writing. Very naive and probably costly in hindsight - around $500-$600.

I will review performance separately when I can comment and update the rating based on performance and their response.

fareshmd,
Algiers, Algeria,
Oct 16, 2011,

I have been trading with HotForex for 3 weeks now and I'm very happy with the service offered. Spreads are tight and their deposits are really fast. It took them less than 15 minutes to put a deposi t in my account. I hope they continue to keep the good service in the future.

EC,
Hong Kong,
Oct 16, 2011,

Good broker, No-requotes, fast withdrawal. Fast email response

Spread is so-so, system response is a little slow. I hope they can improve on that.

Keep up the good work!

Puppy Lady,
Shanghai,China,
Oct 14, 2011,

I am trading with Hot Forex for a few months now. I am real happy with their service so far. Spread is really good and customer support is over the top. There were a few issues, but their support helped me very quickly each time. I love the brokerage.

Tim Needham,
USA NC,
Oct 13, 2011,

I'm really impressed with this broker. Fast deposit posted in seconds and the trades are executed very promptly with very low spreads and I love the 500:1 Leverage. And they only charge one leg of a hedge to your margin. And with a 50% bonus option the margin requirements are very low (I know that means you are risking more but it also means you have to mess up more to lose it.) With the bonus the margin requirement for your initial deposit is effectivly 0%

Peter,
Oct 7, 2011,

This is an updated of the review I posted 2011-10-06

Elan from HotForex actually called me personally to discuss the issue. I was not able to pick up, so he e-mailed me to say the issue has been resolved. They fully reimbursed me, and recommend wire transfer to avoid exchange rate fees in the future. Just curious if anyone in the US has an account with HotForex, do you suffer from these fees when depositing by VISA?

I will continue doing business with HotForex.

2011-10-06 No Rating I am going to withhold my rating pending the decision regarding a complaint I filed.

I've been with HotForex for two weeks now, after spending a couple of months researching different Forex brokers. They do offer tight spreads and seem to be a legitimate ECN broker.

My concern now is I've made a deposit using my credit card, and they added on a whooping service charge (from my $750 deposit, they charged my credit card $815!) Firstly, they state there is no service charge on their end for credit card deposits. I contacted Brain at their live support, and he said this is the charge from the bank. I've never heard of a credit card company charging me for using my credit card, its doesn't make any sense. It doesn't even make sense in terms of exchanging CAD to USD. This seems very close to a scam to me, but I will withhold further judgment until they get back to me...

DAVID,
THAILAND,
Oct 6, 2011,

HELLO EVERYONE, I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU ALL THAT, HOT FOREX IS A REAL SCAM, & I TELL YOU WHY ... THEY WILL SHUT DOWN THEIR PLATFORM , SERVERS , WEBSITE & TELEPHONE WHEN THERE IS A BIG TRADE , THEY DO IT ALMOST EVERY WEEK, I HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM & I LOST OVER 2000 $ BECAUSE OF THIS... FIRST TIME WAS ON FRIDAY BUT I COULD NOT REMEMBER THE DATE, IT WAS A FAST MOVING TRADE OF LONDON MARKET & I OPENED A TRADE AND THEY SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING , PLATFORM, SERVERS, WEBSITE ,EVEN THEIR PHONE , EVERYTHING WAS DOWN UNTIL SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR ALMOST 1 DAY.... THAT TIME I HAVE LOST ABOUT 400 $ , BUT I GAVE THEM ANOTHER SHOT , BUT THEY DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND I LOST ALL MY MONEY.... THEY DO IT EVERY WEEK PEOPLE ..... YOU WILL LOOSE ALL YOUR MONEY IF YOU TRADE WITH HOT FOREX .........

Denika,
Indonesia,
Oct 6, 2011,

They Don't Care About Clients' Privacy Details. I’m none of Hotforex employee but on 30/09/2011 John Watson asked me to contact one of their client in Indonesia becuse they wondering if credit card used by that client to made deposit was a stolen CC. To contact the client of course he gave me that client’s detail. Regarding to privacy concern, is that what good broker does?

They Reimbursed Some of Clients' Fund Just To Keep Their Rating On Some Forum HIGH. We read on some forums that in some cases like their MT4 server down they reimbursed clients’ fund. Did they reimburse all of clients or just them whom made a bad reviews/complaints in wellknown forums?

If they really STP/ECN such order must already went through interbank/liquidity, how come they reimbursed such losing trade?