GKFX.com Review

Updated: Oct 2, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

GKFX is an online forex broker. GKFX offers the MetaTrader 4 and MT Mobile forex trading top platforms. GKFX.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cfds, and commodities for your personal investment and trading options.

GKFX.com
There is an FPA Traders Court guilty vote against this company.  The FPA recommends caution dealing with GKFX unless this issue can be resolved.

Other websites of this company include GKFXPrime.com, GKInvest.co.id, GKFX.eu, GKFXCambodia.com, GKFX.ru, GKFXENC.com/en/, CNGKFXPrime.com.

Formerly known as SmartLiveMarkets.co.uk

Established: 2010
Address: Bevis Marks House, 24 Bevis Marks, London, EC3A 7JB, United Kingdom
Contact: support@gkfx.com, 0044(0)2071861212
Regulators: CNB #256-2004, AMF #, BaFIN #130602, CONSOB #2915, FSA #, AFM #, CMNV #71, FI #556873-1326, DMCC #32142, FCA #501320
Trading platforms: MT4, Sirix
Cryptocurrencies: (5+)
CFD: (310+)
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Qiwi, Skrill, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Qiwi, Skrill, WebMoney, Yandex Money

Join live discussion of GKFX.com on our forum

Mar 16, 2019,

Awful broker. Wouldn't let me open an account because apparently 'I'm not suited' to their products.. suited to the products I can trade with every other broker??? made no sense whatsoever. Customer service & compliance was awful. A guy called Aran was the only helpful one, seemed like he should have been running the whole operation to be honest. If I were him I'd look for a different company to work for. Take your money elsewhere like I have.

Dionysios,
Greece, Greece,
Nov 2, 2017,

Terrible, thieves

One of the worst brokers I ever used. Verification took many days, stealing in execution about 1.5 pip per trade... Just terrible

May 13, 2017,

GKFX scams me by illegaly confiscating my bonus

Issue escalated to Traders Court collin1 vs gkfx.co.uk | GUILTY
I have used gkfx for quite a while. actually back a few years ago i lost a lot of money trading eur/aud around -40k loss. I was quite shocked but okay perhaps it was my fault.
but recently they held a promotion for a £15000 deposit bonus with a requirement of £2 spreadbet for every £3 bonus. i fulfilled the terms of the bonus and did the trades. They then converted the bonus into cash. a few weeks later when i needed a withdrawal they suddenly confiscated my bonus funds saying my trades were not at peak times with enough risk for them so they have a right to confiscate my bonus. I was shocked that a large forex broker could fathom doing this which is totally illegal.
I therefore have no other option but to leave a negative feedback. If anyone needs more details please pm me and if the nature of the question is nothing personnel i can provide a response.

kind regards

Nigeria,
Oct 5, 2016,

FINALY GOT MY MONEY AFTER SWEATING FOR WEEKS

After dragging and digging to hell and back i got my money today,Thank GOD,now i will never EVER E EVER come close to anything GK,before the FX comes in am OUT.BEWARE NOT TO PASS THROUGH MY EXPERIENCE just to get my own money was hell.If you like suffering to trade and suffering again to get your money then go ahead and join this broker..Its your choice.

Sep 22, 2016 - 1 Star Be advised DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS BROKER.They are totally unreliable,they don't pick calls or reply emails soon as you deposit THEN you will grind your teeth to get your withdrawal.it takes weeks to get your withdrawal if you ever you do, i have not been paid my rebates for months,my withdrawals took weeks to get before i ran away from them but yet they seized some of my money yet to be withdrawn now going into the 3rd month.when i send emails i get no reply,their customer support is never online,they are rude when they do come online..which is once in a 'GREEN' moon.i can go on and on about this Scammers..but like they say a word is enough for the wise,stay away from this broker,there are other better brokers out there.This broker will frustrate you.KEEP AWAY FROM THIS SCAM BROKER.

Aug 18, 2016 - 1 Star Nothing but thiefs and scams beware of this broker.i will only tell you if you doubt my worst experience including that of others i know then go ahead and risk your money and deposit and when its time to withdraw you will wish you took my advice.,KEEP OFF.
BIG SCAM BROKER
WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Spain,
Sep 7, 2016,

Hi, my experience with GKFX is worst than hell.. crooks are the least.. no sincere, bad price, increasing spreads how they want due to "lack of liquidity".. haha , system freezes.. stop hunting.. all tricks were used.. If somebody has made some claim and could recover his money, please PM. Thanks.

cat trader,
spain, Spain,
Apr 12, 2016,

Not ask LEI code as standard EMIR.
You do not pay commissions to their IB's and does not know say that day are paid.
Signing contracts and lost along the way.
It has cuts in contributions without news hour, without explanation.
Summary:
Broker bad!

yaki,
israel, Israel,
Oct 15, 2015,

that's the way broker should act
i made mistake by opening order and they reply:
"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

We have investigated your order #18062392 on account number: ****** on 15.10.2015 at 06.52 EET and 07:00 EET (Platform Time) on the USDTRY pair.

Please note that during night hours the spread is widened and the prices which your order was opened and executed at were correct.

However, since analysing the volumes you have placed on your trade account we have decided that as a one off a gesture of goodwill we will credit your account with the loss you made on order #18062392 to the sum of $-294.34.

We will apply the funds to your account shortly. However, please acknowledge that this does not state any wrong-doing from our side.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Mikala Hart
Client Service Associate

anonymous,
, United Kingdom,
May 18, 2015,

I have traded for about 10 years and started using gkfx as they have a 10p pip option and i wanted to try out a few strategies i creatred.Firstly never ever try an automated EA with them as the quote will always come back invalid price.Secondly never trade ex divi shares with them as when they owe you money you have to chase it then get told to email it .Which they never reply to then they say they are sorting it but when you question them about why you are chasing it they state that you are rude and threatening which i am never.They keep all the divis as long as possible to earn interest and if you sell on a pre divi date they immediately take the divi off you.

It seems that the so call slippage is a rule to their own.I queried a spike on a chart a few weeks ago that no other broker had the market did not go there but if trading would of took you out and then you would have to chase them up again.

Rude unfair and out of all the brokers i have used the worst in the uk.CAPITAL SPREADS are the complete opposite sort the problems if you ever get any there and then over the phone something which GKFX never do

Carole,
Feb 4, 2015,

I have been working with GKFX for 1 year, Its a great Experience.
They have very Low spreads (1.5 on euro/usd ).
They respond quickly; the transfer/withdrawals are made immediately by credit Card, and without any charges.
I hardly recommend GKFX !!!

Review Moderation Team Note: Carol posted this from the same location that a GFFX employee used to contact the FPA.

Per FPA policy, the rating on this review has been set to Zero stars.

GKFX Compliance Dept,
Dec 2, 2014,

Hello
All electronic trading platforms occasionally suffer from a glitch. This may be a price freeze or an incorrect price which could be to the benefit or detriment of a client. If someone deliberately and consistently tries to take advantage of such an occurrence then I am afraid this will not be tolerated and they will be warned or their account will be closed.
We are in business to help people trade on volatile markets by providing tight spreads and liquidity 24 hours a day, not so that a small minority can attempt to ruin that for the majority.
If we experience a problem with a price feed, then where appropriate we may invoke a Manifest Error and cancel that trade, whether it is a profitable or losing trade.
Some people do not like it when they get found out.
In an ideal world problems would never happen, but sadly they do. We are fully FCA regulated and would only ever invoke a Manifest Error when appropriate to do so and without discrimination, all of which we are answerable to the FCA for.
GKFX

Wong,
, Malaysia,
Nov 20, 2014,

GKFX feed me with a price that doesn't exist but it explained as slippage. and saying that prices on MT4 is only indicative while it may not be actual pricing in the market.

And they want to close my account after I complained.

Can someone teach me how to upload a screenshot so that I can show the evidence fake quote.

Tanuj Soni,
Indore, India,
Aug 17, 2014,

This is the mail I received when I asked them about large gaps..

Hello,

Please be aware that we do not accept scalping.

Scalping Definition
Scalping can apply to any online quoted financial market. Traditionally it primarily refers to the Foreign Exchange market due to its size, liquidity and tight spreads.
It is when a trader, often using high leverage, attempts to take advantage of a price discrepancy or anomaly in market in an extremely short period of time, typically a few seconds.
Often this price anomaly may be caused by latent prices which is where, due to the complexity of transmitting prices online around the world, delays in updates occur, which although small, can still be exploited.

GKFX

anonymous,
melrose arch, South Africa,
Jun 21, 2014,

watch out, a butch of crooks,thieves and big fat liars,and they sell signals that dont work for large sums of money,thats actually FREE ONLINE,BEWARE OF THOSE GANGSTERS

VijayaKumar,
Bangalore, India,
Jun 21, 2014,

GKFX is a reliable Broker. I´ve got a bonus account since more than 3 months. I have completed their short course, passed their test and after sending my proof of Id documents, the bonus was credited to my account. They sent me a withdrawl code by postal, not by email shows their concern about their client's money and want it to be secure without hacking the account by unauhtorised people. They are really caring and supporting their clients and we have to appreciate their value and consistency.

James Norman,
arica, Chile,
Jan 31, 2014,

Twice my orders were slipped more than 60 pips.
What they call slippage is nothing but an excuse to deduce money from their clients. All limits must be fulfilled, it is very easy to write a program that corrects and changes the OrderOpenPrice() or OrderClosePrice() when they defers from the price set by the user. If they don't do it so is just because they are dishonest , I better say, THIEVES.

seyit ahmet,
istanbul, Turkey,
Jan 1, 2014,

5000 usd withdrawn return credit card today....

(processed 19/12.......return 01/01)..!!

5000 usd withdrawn return credit card today....

(processed 19/12.......return 01/01)..!!

2013-12-27 1 Star gkfx did not send my withdrawn(5000 usd)

and gkfx dont answer to my any e-mail...

account number:13557

Paul,
South of London, United Kingdom,
Nov 18, 2013,

Platform reliable. Good spreads for spread betting with many instruments to choose from. Can trade/spread bet as low as 0.10p per pip which gives excellent flexibility for small account. Easy funding and withdrawl of funds. Currently the best spread bet broker I have tried in the UK and I have tried most.

Paul,
HCM City, Viet Nam,
Sep 21, 2013,

good spread with very stable feed. No slippage or delay. I hold trades for more than several minutes. I doubled my accounts at the beginning of the year and withdrew all funds fine. No problem then. Now I return and trade much larger funds with almost exactly the same good condition. I love their value and consistency...

Vladimir,
J. Hradec, Czech Republic,
Aug 13, 2013,

I have dealed with many brokers during my trading carrier and I can say that guys from GKFX are the most helpful people I've ever met in forex industry. Just few hours before non farm payrolls, I sent my deposit to GKFX. After my request they promissed that they'll do their best to add the deposit as soon as possible. I sent proofs of my payment and after few minutes, I recieved a call that my account is ready for trading. Then I found that I mistakenly created an account that doesn't have micro lots, so I again hit their online support, requested change to micro and after few minutes, I recieved a call that micro lots are possible now. Seems like pretty serious broker to me. Thanks to their great support, I was able to make great profits on NFP. Spreads are good and execution quick, no problems with trading so far. I can recommend this broker.

Mahmoud,
Jul 16, 2013,

one of the best brokers , fast execution and fantastic customer services

Review Moderation Team Note: Mahmoud posted this from the same location that a GFFX employee used to contact the FPA.

Per FPA policy, the rating on this review has been set to Zero stars.

Daniel Ferré,
São Paulo, Brazil,
Jul 12, 2013,

The platform has a good execution of orders. Spread does not vary during news. Support in portuguese language is excellent! recommended

Andreas Poschner,
Wiesbaden, Germany,
Jan 31, 2013,

GKFX is a reliable Broker. I´ve got an account since more than 3 months. Order management is perfect, help desk is excellent and quality is far good. Nothing more to say.

Max,
Belarus, Belarus,
Dec 10, 2012,

When I first heard about this broker at FF it seemed pretty good with nice spreads. From entering the site problems started.
I got to www.gkfx.com/ENG/ this was Non -regulated Pakistan firm. Ok, little browsing got me to www.gkfx.com/EN this one was UK based with regulation. After submitting long registration form I got an email asking documents for authorization, well ok I did it as in most brokers I registered. After some days I got an email that residents from my country are not registered without explanation. There was a check box while registration that I am non US citizen but NO information about other countries. When asking about gkfx.ru -Russian based firm(where it is possible to register) they told me they have nothing common with this one. Their Live Help is always offline. As the result they got my scanned documents. Guys be aware and dont send your credentials until you get your fx cabinet login and password.

Jamil Noubani,
Mersin, Turkey,
Nov 27, 2012,

I've placed a thread on discussion forums describes my case with GKFX , which changed their agreement with me suddenly and took money from my clients account where they were not authorized to do so.

The company is a market maker with a team of lies sellers.

Thomas Franke,
Wiesbaden, Germany,
Oct 19, 2012,

Nice Broker, nice spreads, nice order execution, good support for german clients. Thanks

Antoni,
Warsaw, Poland,
Sep 12, 2012,

I have opened a live account two months ago with GKFX Polska, I started trading with currency pair (mainly EUR/USD, EUR/PLN) and I haven’t had problems so far.
Broker offers very tight and fixed spreads. MT is a very friendly platform and it hasn’t crushed yet. They customer services are very sufficient and are able to give also personal trainings. In overall I could recommend that broker.

Luca Marmoleo,
Italy, Italy,
Aug 21, 2012,

Hi
i have an account with GKFX since May 2012 , i m trading on fx and Index, MT4 works perfectly , deposit and whitd ok and on time.
I m getting full assistance from them with also some educational programs and personal meetings
i will update you if something bad happens :)
cheers

Daniel Suran,
Germany, Germany,
Aug 17, 2012,

I am trading since 5 months with GKFX and made really good experience. I have never seen broker with this good order execution before. Their spreads are fixed! without increase! So good job guys!

Claire Forlani,
Johannesburg, South Africa,
Aug 14, 2012,

GKFX is a Turkish company. They are ruthless bullies, they manipulate the charts. Their artificial spikes are well known. The regional manager, Serkan Ali does not even know what spikes are. I am sorry there are plenty of these companies around, I would never trust these gangsters with my money again.

Johan FX,
Breda, Netherlands,
Jun 19, 2012,

I have an account @ GKFX since 2 weeks and i cant complain about anything. The services they provide is very good, especially for dutch people since they open a branch in amsterdam.

The spreads are good compared with other brokers over here. No problems with slippage, what i am reading below...maybe everything is going better these days :D

So at this moment i can only be positive haha :D

regards,

satisfied customer!!

GKFX,
Jun 18, 2012,

Hello
I guess the old adage that you cannot please all of the people all of the time is as true today as it has always been. The gentleman below has an interesting grasp of the facts.

Firstly I am not the owner of GKFX and I most certainly never gave him that impression.

Secondly we had a very pleasant exchange of emails which were far from being rude.

Calling someone an ‘idiot’ because they politely get in contact with you to discus scalping is somewhat rich. Placing a trade on a latent price and then hedging it practically immediately by placing a trade the other way around (and closing them both later) is scalping whatever way you wish to dress it up…. or try to hide it.

We have some of the tightest fixed spreads available on MT4 in the world, and we have not done so to be taken advantage of. We have thousands of active clients who think the service we provide is fantastic, but that is because they are traders not scalpers.

If someone requests their funds they are usually returned in 3 days, as that is how the banking system works, no matter who they are.

As I said to this gentleman, in one of our friendly emails, we are delighted when clients make money, as long as it is legitimately. In fact one of our clients has recently made so much money he opened his own bar, and I was delighted to go to his opening night.

Regards, Paul (GKFX)

Carl,
May 30, 2012,

I joined GKFX and my account was managed by someone who used spread betting hedge strategies. This worked very well and my account grew 60% in 2 weeks. After my first withdrawal I start getting nasty e-mails from the owner, Paul, accusing me of breaching their scalping policies. I scrutinised my statements and informed him that at no time was scalping used on my account, -but positions were hedged and kept open for at least 2 minutes up to a few hours. Poor idiot did not understand the difference between scalping and hedging and my explanation fell on deaf ears...Soon afterwards my profits took a dive as my transactions were riddled with requotes and delays. It is obvious to me that GKFX/Paul set up their platform against me. One positive thing about GKFX is that they respond unbelievably fast if a winning accounts is closed and payout requested. Damn...I had my money in 3 days! I guess Paul was so relieved to get rid of someone who doubled his account in 4 weeks...haha! Just goes to show that some brokers are really not your friends and will pull the strings behind the scenes to prevent you from making a profit against them. Stay away from these type of market movers...especially GKFX. Rather use ECN brokers if your trading style allows.

Ron X,
Israel, Israel,
Apr 15, 2012,

I am remaining anonymous as I still have an account with them and don't plan on closing it just yet. I have been trading with them for a while now and agree with nearly everything written below. I have tried them only in some very specific cases where I knew their would be trouble but wanted to sniff out who I was dealing with.
I now know for sure that they keep their servers in their own office. This was unbelievable to me at first, but basically I work in IT so I did some sniffing around with their IPs and figured out that everything was coming out of a building in central London. I checked further and found that no server farm exists there so I am left to assume that the crashes everyone is reporting is due to a platform sitting on 1 server (no redundancy and no back up).
The good thing about this broker, and their are a number of good things to be honest is their withdrawal policy (no questions - they just send the cash) and the fact that they have Spread Betting on MT4.
They on the other hand do send nasty messages to traders they don't like (scalpers and the like). But they claim to STP all traders and shouldn't care if a customer is a scalper. But they curse them out. Something is definitely off here and it's getting weirder every day. I would certainly warn traders to steer clear. Their are simply better brokers out there. I am staying away from calling them a scam - I don't think they are. I think they are probably just badly managed and have worse infrastructure. Something there isn't right - but they don't seem to be doing everything on purpose. Just reckless I guess. Not sure yet

Simon,
Oxford, United Kingdom,
Apr 7, 2012,

I have made over 200 trades, I run windows xp virtual machine with four instances of metatrader 4.

Spreads are tighter than igindex. Platform has always been stable for me. During an error when usdjpy fell off a lift they refunded my money after a dodgy spike. Overall I am impressed. Best usage is the Swiss army ea which moves to break even when you wish. Happy trading.

John,
Cumbria, United Kingdom,
Feb 15, 2012,

Slippage, slippage, everywhere.

Platform always crashing.

Servers often down.

Avoid at all costs. Dreadful. Just dreadful.

shoot2scoot,
Aug 18, 2011,

SLM are changing their name. We can only hope that they are turning a new leaf too. Here is the message they sent:

Dear Client,
I am writing to inform you that Smart Live Financial Services Ltd will be changing its name in the coming weeks to GKFX Financial Services Ltd.
Our FSA and companies house registration numbers will remain the same.

The reason for this change is cosmetic.
As we have grown globally as a company it has been apparent that some people have been confused by our name, so we have chosen a more generic name which as a brand going forward will be far more easily recognised throughout the world.

We will also be rebranding our logo and website along with this change. But apart from that you will not notice any changes.

Your account with us will automatically change to an account with GKFX Financial Services Ltd with the same terms of business.

We anticipate this change will happen on September 5th 2011.

If you have any questions then please do get in touch with our customer services desk at support@smartlivemarkets.com.

SLM

Hugh,
Jul 31, 2011,

Been using them for over a year now, maybe a couple of connectivity issues like others have said, but usually late at night, no longer than an hour at most, certainly nothing thats affected my trading.
Other than that i would say they are excellent. Especially compared to some other brokers ive had.
Good communication when i needed it, fixed small spreads, spreadbetting on MT4, whats not to like. Definately recommended.

Noltisy,
Jun 19, 2011,

Losing connectivity is expected, but the response is what we have an issue with. I expect (although in today's tech market it shouldn't happen) some sort of connectivity issue, but the response and lack of respect they show clients is horrible. I don't expect a lot, but I do expect respect and honesty when dealing with these firms, and this one has shown neither.

petersurrey,
Jun 18, 2011,

Just to balance the negative posts, which appear to be from those who all trade the same breakout GBP bot, and were thus all affected by the loss of connectivity at a cruical time in that bots trading cycle. I have been with smartlive for nearly a year trading live, with excellent profits to date and NO real major issues. If you are a serious professional trader you have to expect the loss of connectivity to your broker and VPS at some stage - it WILL happen and you should be prepared for it. I have always found smartlive to be very responsive and e-mails replied to within hours. I can appreciate smartlives frustration ( and less than curtious replies) when a group of traders all trading the same bot at the same time start bombarding them with e-mails, when their platform temporarily loses connectivity. To put these complaints into perspective, I have made over 500 trades in my 10 months, and not had a single issue with any, in live trading up to £50 per lot. Finally this highlights how misleading these forums can become, when a minority group decide to all post together their experince of trading one bot - very similar to the news traders who really didn't understand the system...

Mark,
London,
Jun 1, 2011,

If this broker did not offer spread betting on MT4 and the unique (please tell me otherwise) use of EA's with spread betting, it would be one star and I would not have an account.

Their "issues" with price freezing and trade servers shutting down have been very convenient in my opinion.

The customer service is utterly dire. They basically tell you its your fault and then tell you that if you don't like it then you should close your account.

Its a real shame because the whole concept of spread betting on MT4 was fantastic - now I trade very small amounts with them only.

Normbell,
Jun 1, 2011,

Pro's,
Consistently tight spreads even throughout the night so EA friendly.
E-mails answered quickly.

The couple of times there has been a problem with the platform they will never admit it is their fault.
Paul is very arrogant and dismissive as are some of the smaller fish workling there.

If it was not for the good points I would have withdrawn my funds already but I keep my EA's running there for now and if they try and cheat me I will close the account.

Much better companies out there if you want an STP broker, unfortunately SLM have the monopoly on Spreadbetting with MT4 at the moment.

jimmc,
uk,
May 22, 2011,

I agree with previous posters so far. SLM have come up with the best thing since sliced bread for spread bettors in the uk, in the form of an MT4 platform for spread betting.

However it is flaky and has failed completely twice since I have used it live (3 months). I still use them with small stakes, but every morning I still get errors connecting. They insist it is an EA at fault, but that doesn't explain why people trading manually have the same problems. I have worked in IT for over 30 years and I can smell BS from a mile away when it comes to making excuses for faulty software.

I have some patience with them as they are new, and I think could be promising, so continue with small amounts of money, but I have to agree their PR is apalling. They seem to be abrupt to the point of rudeness.

RobM,
Lincolnshire, UK,
May 21, 2011,

My summary:

NOT TRUSTWORTHY & UNRELIABLE.

My experience:

Although, initially, the customer service appeared informative, this soon deteriorated when I began to have problems. The MT4 platform froze, trades, using a reliable, proven EA, were executed late or not at all; candles appeared to open late.

I tried my best to remain calm, interested and non-blaming and initially got responses that appeared helpful from Paul, a director. However, his advice to re-install the platform and check the EA was not at fault, was weak. When I reported that these, obvious, measures had not improved things I did not even get a response.

There is more..... but what is the point in going on? IF YOU ARE NOT 100% HAPPY, CONFIDENT AND TRUSTING OF YOUR BROKER.....GET RID! There are enough risks in forex without paying people to help you lose.

I have closed my accounts with SLM and recommend that others do the same.

There is a bad smell emanating from this broker.... Stay clear.

Two Stars from me: (FPA definition: Bad - Performance is significantly below expectations. Major problems encountered) because although there was no problem withdrawing my small investment and they honoured their cash-loss-refund. I think there is something underhand going on with them and crucially, they have done nothing to allay my fears.

Invicta,
London,
May 20, 2011,

This afternoon (Friday, May 20) at 17:55 hrs UK I lost connection with the SmartLiveMarkets servers. I called them thinking it maybe a problem on my PC and was told their systems had crashed. Their web site also went down. I asked if senior management was aware of this catastrophe and was told they had gone home.

Fortunately, this occurred when hopefully most clients would have already closed their positions and, of course, it was still possible to close positions by phone. As I write this 45 minutes later their systems are still down, which is surely indicative of a lack of redundancy in their systems.

I shall be closing my account, which is a shame because this is the only spread betting company I've found that offers the MT4 platform.

Shoot2scoot,
May 18, 2011,

I echo Podberry's experience. SLM's greatest asset is the fact that they are (currently) the only UK Spreadbetting firm that offers the MT4 platform. As so many EA's are built for MT4 they have a significant captive market in the UK.

I have traded for two months with SLM and in the first month their charts froze during a key trading time. This caused me and many others to lose money. I later established that I was the first of many to complain and they offered me a refund provided I didn't mention it to anyone else! I now realise that this was because many, many others were to get nothing!

The mantra since then within SLM is, if you use and EA it's your fault not theirs. Ironic as the only reason most traders come to them in the first place is to use EAs!

In the second month I and 16 others (that I know of) started getting slow execution of orders. Typically 68 seconds late, this lasted 8 days before I left them but I believe it is still an ongoing problem. Again at key trading times, this delay was unacceptable. Also inexcusable considering I was using a very reputable VPS just around the corner from SLM! After many calls during the first problem day I was left in no doubt that I was in a 'them and us' relationship with SLM. I have kept a series of emails from Paul at SLM that were frankly rude and at no point entertained the idea that SLM could possibly be at fault. This despite the fact that many of us were using the same EA at the same time with other brokers without difficulty?

SLM are in total denial of any blame despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I have stopped trading with them because of their defensive/aggressive manner to customer services. I have also heard that if you are successful with them they put you into a different pool and work harder to ensure that your wins are limited. I do not however have first hand experience of this. In summary I was left in no doubt that customers are a real inconvenience to Paul at SLM, shame really when he works as Director of Trading!

Podberry,
May 6, 2011,

SLM has had a few issues of late with regards to their platform taking over a minute to execute trades, Their customer service is shocking to say the least, the director of trading (Paul) is the main instigator blaming everything else but their platform and server.