Trading 212 Review

Updated: Jun 12, 2020 · Trading212.com  · Is this your company?

Trading212 is a forex broker. Trading 212 offers the Trading212 forex trading platform. Trading212.com offers over 165 forex currency pairs, cfds, commodities, stocks, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

Trading 212

Established: 2006
Address: Sofia, Litex Tower, Lachezar Stanchev 3, Bulgaria
Contact: info@trading212.com, (+44) 20 3769 9897
Regulators: FSC #RG-03-0237, FCA #609146
Trading platforms: Trading212
CFD: (1600+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Bancontact, CASHU, Dotpay, Giropay, SafetyPay, Skrill, UnionPay
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Bancontact, CASHU, Dotpay, Giropay, SafetyPay, Skrill, UnionPay

Join live discussion of Trading212.com on our forum

Trading212.com profile provided by Trading 212 Customer service, Aug 22, 2016

Trading 212 is an advanced, high-performance mobile and web app for trading FOREX and CFDs.

It has been developed to support the traders with a simple, intuitive interface, millisecond execution and a wide range of professional features.

A comprehensive set of charts and technical tools puts a wealth of data and analysis on trends, news and market moves at the user’s fingertips.

The full Trading 212 experience is available across all devices — mobile and desktop. All iOS and Android users can download the free native apps.

Trading 212 is a trading name of Avus Capital UK Ltd. and Avus Capital Ltd.

Avus Capital UK Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FCA (Register number 609146).

Avus Capital Ltd. is registered in Bulgaria and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Supervision Commission (Register number RG-03-0237).

CFDs are leveraged products. Trading CFDs is risky and requires a certain level of experience. Please ensure that you understand all the risks involved and the high probability of losing your investment.

NG17 4EL, United Kingdom,
Jun 11, 2020,

Trading 212 they are not serious

Trading 212 they are not serious
Trading 212 they are not serious, don't invest with them. Ex; the company sells you 1 share with £1 and worth it 60p-1 share at the trading market London. When you want to sell it back is worth for them 1 share-30p. So to each 1 share price you lost 70p. Don't go with them or any market trade because they are looking to take each pany from you. They advertise that they didn't charge you commissions. But the share what they are looking to sell is worthless. Listen to my advice, they are become reach and you become poor. State institutions do nothing to them, because they are working together. Invest in land or house, not in marketing.

nunya,
bizness, United Kingdom,
Jun 2, 2020,

Avoid it like Covid-19

i've lost money and i've made money, thankfully i've now made enough of it to move on to a "professional " broker unlike the monkey setup that is trading 212!

first of all i have a strong technical mind and a strong background in computer science just so that you get the idea these aren't randomly formulated theory's and were built up over time comparing results from 3 different brokers simultaneously comprising of approximately 600-700 test trades and 2 additional volunteers to assist
So...
Broker stop hunting most certainly happens, whilst having a trade in progress on each of them with the exact same amounts,SL & TP settings, approximately 63% of the time on trading 212 the price rallied down to hit my stop loss and then returned to normal leaving a big wick/shadow and stopping me out, this wick/shadow did not exist on the other 2 platforms candles and a few moments later and they both hit the TP, more than strange if you ask me!

they have a delay built into their system, and i must admit its a very clever one, it's down to how it shows your "result" price, ive noticed, several hundred times now, that when the market price moves it takes a minimal of 3 seconds before the "result" price changes, and since the TP & SL settings seem to run off this price you can all work out for yourself in how many ways this could affect your trading! for example on the other 2 platforms the exit conditions had been hit and the trade was successful but trading 212 was still running
their spread size varies from moderately tight (for a free broker) to wider than the grand canyon.
their buy & sell prices, i don't even have to look at the number to guess what they are, all i have to to is identity the nearest support/resistance line to what ever position i wish to take and sure as hell i've found the trading 212 price

for this next one i had to recruit some assistance
i also believe that in some cases they are manipulating the information going to a certain amount of people, as a further test i enlisted a couple of friends who each opened a 212 account and we all sat in the same room trading and noticed that more often than not 2 out of our 3 laptops displayed the same information while the 3rd displayed differently, some examples are, the change in the market showed smaller and the sentiment was so different it might as well have been a different asset, we also had the other 2 broker platforms side by side on the 60" tv so we could compare to what we were doing, we were all trading with the same amounts and settings and you think then we would all have the same results but that was not the case, we ran this test 3 times over 3 weeks and each time there were inconsistent results, which in our minds partially confirms the chart manipulation

so this isn't a "they took all my money review" as i said they actually made me more than enough to move on but that doesn't change that they are actively cheating people and should be avoided at all costs, and possibly incarcerated

Wales, United Kingdom,
Apr 29, 2020,

Not the best choice available.

I used these for a little while and although the app they offer was pretty nice, I found the leverage offered not that great and the fees are a little high.

Kinshasa, Congo, The Democratic Republic of The,
Apr 21, 2020,

Verification Declined and money refused to be rufunded

I have tried to open an account with Trading212.com but they did not accept my bank statements which reflect my residence address, my mistake was depositing of 80 USD which still stuck with them and they refuse to refund it back. they are not replying to my emails and the chat has been stopped in order not to contact them. stay away from such brokers who are happy to take your deposit even before verifying the account. I thank God that I lost 80 only because I was planning to deposit 15K. Now I opened an account with a different broker instead. this is the first reply I received from them:

Dear AHMED MOHAMMED AHMED IDRISS,

With the following email notice, we would like to inform you that your trading account cannot be verified.

Your pending deposit, if you made one, was automatically cancelled. It can take up to three business days until the funds are reflected back in your balance.

Should you decide to trade with us in the future, you are free to create a new account at any time.

Should you have any questions, please contact us by email: info@trading212.com or chat with us.

Best regards,
The Trading 212 Team

Poland, Poland,
Apr 5, 2020,

poor customer service

They refused to accept my proof of residence without any explanation. They asked for a bank account statement or utility bill that would show my address. I sent them a bank account statement, which showed my address, bank account number and everything else they requested. It was rejected. When I asked for an explanation they simply didn't respond to my email... when i opened an account on Degiro some time ago, the verification process was quick and smooth. On Trading212 - i was simply unable to verify my account and I still don't even know why.

Genoa, Italy,
Apr 3, 2020,

BE VERY CAREFUL USING TRADING 212

BE VERY CAREFUL USING TRADING 212

I wanted to try this broker, i did the registration and on 23rd march 2020. I sent money from my bank on the 24th March with a SEPA money transfer. Value on 25th March.
Today, April 3rd 2020, my money isn’t on my account.. I sent many mails requesting explanations and requesting my money back... I only got general answers and no solutions.
I hope ill get my money back!! (8000€)

If you are thinking to send them money, it is at your own risk.. having this said, just think twice before to give your money to a broker that doesn’t show seriousness.
United Kingdom, United Kingdom,
Mar 30, 2020,

Trading 212 Is A Scam. Stay Away Or Be A Victim

Been Trading for almost 10 years now, several brokers, some good some bad. Never believed that FCA regulated companies can manipulate and scam so easily. Should have listened to previous reviews on here and not believed the good ones.

They change your stop losses.
Crush you on rollover dates
Manipulate price movements with corrections once pushed you out.
Make instruments unavailable for hours.

They do however pay out which I've never had a problem with. However you will not be left with much to cash out. Beware they are a scam operator with chart manipulation tools at hand. They will liquidate your account in seconds. Not to be trusted 100%. They owe me thousands in compensation if they were fair and honest but they are only out to thieve. Don't say you haven't been warned. I would appreciate if FPA would investigate with them using my account info that I shared. Go through my trading history. Probably be to no avail the broker scam or not will always win and scam you.
If you feel you have been scammed, please follow the instructions here...

Anonymer,
Matrix, Romania,
Mar 26, 2020,

Account/ ID verification issues

First issue: they let you first deposit funds and then ask you for documents. Keeping your money blocked until they verify your id. This takes for ever. Weeks even. With no sign of any confirmation / phone/ email. Nobody ever answers anything. So the deposit is nowhere to be seen. My account is blocked until they verify my id... i sent everything they asked for but still nothing.

Second: there is no chat service as they claim

Third: i was charged a deposit fee (i thought it was no fees, thats what they claim)

Fourth: they take days to answer emails and never answer calls

Conclusion: doggie as humping!
Paul,
Frewer, United Kingdom,
Feb 17, 2020,

Massive drop in price

I am new to trading and trying out vix 19feb20, I was doing well then all of of a sudden the price drop by some 40% nearly, i got confused and check S&p which the vix tracks as well as CBOE volatility which it corrects to, non of them has dropped not even 1% hence the vix dropped some 40%. Glad it wasn’t real money but I could have lost lots of money on this.

Nigeria,
Feb 27, 2019,

The platform is great but the leverage is too low 1:30 for retail traders that's too small in my opinion

Reply by Trading 212 submitted Mar 1, 2019:
Hi there, the leverage levels restriction for trading CFD instruments is one of the measures implied by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), effective since the 1st August 2018. Traders still have the option to use leverage levels up to 1:300. To do so, they have to apply for opening a Professional account and meet the eligibility requirements.