Trading 212 Review

Updated: Oct 13, 2020 · Trading212.com  · Is this your company?

Trading212 is a forex broker. Trading 212 offers the Trading212 forex trading platform. Trading212.com offers over 165 forex currency pairs, cfds, commodities, stocks, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

Trading 212

Established: 2006
Address: Sofia, Litex Tower, Lachezar Stanchev 3, Bulgaria
Contact: info@trading212.com, (+44) 20 3769 9897
Regulators: FSC #RG-03-0237, FCA #609146
Trading platforms: Trading212
CFD: (1600+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Bancontact, CASHU, Dotpay, Giropay, SafetyPay, Skrill, UnionPay
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Bancontact, CASHU, Dotpay, Giropay, SafetyPay, Skrill, UnionPay

Join live discussion of Trading212.com on our forum

Trading212.com profile provided by Trading 212 Customer service, Aug 22, 2016

Trading 212 is an advanced, high-performance mobile and web app for trading FOREX and CFDs.

It has been developed to support the traders with a simple, intuitive interface, millisecond execution and a wide range of professional features.

A comprehensive set of charts and technical tools puts a wealth of data and analysis on trends, news and market moves at the user’s fingertips.

The full Trading 212 experience is available across all devices — mobile and desktop. All iOS and Android users can download the free native apps.

Trading 212 is a trading name of Avus Capital UK Ltd. and Avus Capital Ltd.

Avus Capital UK Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FCA (Register number 609146).

Avus Capital Ltd. is registered in Bulgaria and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Supervision Commission (Register number RG-03-0237).

CFDs are leveraged products. Trading CFDs is risky and requires a certain level of experience. Please ensure that you understand all the risks involved and the high probability of losing your investment.

Sep 8, 2020,

The mess with the ADR stock created by Trading 212

I am appalled by the way Trading 212 has handled the ADR stocks issue. Trading 212 sold ADR stocks to ISA account users and were told that this was something that they should not have done according to HRMC. For those that bought into the stock, including myself, we were not made aware of the fact Trading 212 sold stock they should not have until after everything went downhill and after many of us bought into the stock thinking nothing of it. This meant I ended up taking the JUMIA stock at a loss as they gave me no option on this despite this being their mistake. However, they are not willing to refund the loss to those they screwed over.

I contacted customer support about this through the Trading 212 mobile app, and every single customer support advisor fobbed me off with macro responses stating this was not the fault of Trading 212. They also advised me that I should recuperate the loss by investing in the Trading 212 Invest account, which I have no intention of doing. In short, I was forced to take the loss and it is somehow my responsibility to recuperate that loss when Trading 212 sold stock they were not supposed to. If they didn’t make this mistake in the first place, me and others that have complained would not have to be going through this mess… Because of this, I lost £81.55 (which may not be a lot) and they refuse to take accountability for the cock up that Trading 212 made by selling the JUMIA stock that they should not have done. Their excuse for not refunding the loss is simply because they are not choosing to take money back from those that profited from the cock up.

According to the CS agent I spoke with about this, they stated it was my choice not to use an Invest account to recuperate the loss, hence it is nothing to do with them now. This was a complete derail from the situation at hand. More so, who would even consider making an Invest account on Trading 212 when issues like this happen. It obviously shows they don’t care about their customers if this is how they treat them.

What’s worse is that they kept getting my name wrong with the final advisor I spoke to stating it was a typo. However, as a customer support lead using the same Helpshift system they use, they could easily go back through the conversation to see that I already made the complaint about getting my name incorrect and yet they still referred to me incorrectly. Not to mention they got my gender wrong, which is clearly discrimination, as they referred to me as a he, when in fact I am female. Even though the final advisor made his apology for that, he still referred to a ‘he’ in his reply to me.

Another annoyance is that they kept sending me the helpshift FAQ to make a complaint about this issue, which is how I came to be in contact with the staff in the first place. One of the staff even contacted me through the very same email that shows on their FAQ telling me to send a complaint through… How is that even good customer service?! As a customer support lead that works in the tech industry, I know how difficult this job can be, and it is not my initial plan to write a negative review from the get-go. I gave every advisor multiple chances to resolve this problem that Trading 212 started with the last advisor being given one final chance to do something about the cock up, but like all the rest, they passed the responsibility on to me without even trying to do something about the issue.

I know that Trading 212 community/customer support will reply to this, so don’t even think about telling me to send a message to customer support about this issue, as this is exactly why I am here in the first place.

I would advise people to avoid using Trading 212, because when it comes situations like this where it is their error (to which they even admitted to it being as such), they refuse to even compensate users for this. Once I have taken all of my stock out from Trading 212, I will be moving to another, more respectable platform.

Greetings,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we are very grateful for the opportunity to respond.

Before all else, we apologize for your recent experience and the frustration this has caused you. The level of service you are describing is certainly not on part with our high standards, and we are taking the necessary measures to leave such occurrences in the past.

With regard to the ISA stocks availability, as part of an internal compliance check, 90 of them were found to be ineligible for ISA accounts, and due to regulations, we were required to close all such positions. These are all stocks which are not listed on the recognized stock exchanges by HMRC, and we had to close some of the positions with short notice (due to technical complications with the AutoInvest pies). We completely understand your frustration, however, as a strictly regulated broker, we need to ensure that all ISA listed stocks on our platform comply with the imposed regulations.

While indeed we’d also prefer to not requesting you to close the positions in your ISA account, yet, as suggested by our team - the overall account value will not be affected if a client decides to reinvest in the same instruments via the Invest account. All our service are commission-free, and if you take out $X amount of money from ISA & transfer it to Invest, you only lose the spread needed to open new positions (a few pennies) & potential market movement while doing the transfer, which can be either beneficial or negative.

We deeply regret the bad experience you had, and we assure you that we will use your feedback to strengthen our service further and to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Your patience and understanding are appreciated!
john,
leeds, United Kingdom,
Sep 5, 2020,

scam company keep your money and look else where

i been using trading 212 for about a year,it was my first brokers as i was new to trading and didn't really know what to look for plus it was commission free etc but theirs noting free about this scam company,first of all if u trade cdf's you cant possible make money on the spreads over been so wide the average been 25 cent and sometimes even wider and this during normal trading times no news or anything like that.If you hold trades over night the interest charges are shocking my last trade cost me £94 pounds to hold for 3 days including over the weekend.If you question it you get silly excuses because no one has told trading 212 that cdf's are not real shares u don't need to borrow them to be short on a instrument. They have like a online community for there members to chat etc but if your comments are negative about the company in any way they get deleted and you get blocked from it.I haven't had any issues with withdrawing funds yet and the customer service ain't bad but it feels like there just reading there reply's from a pre planned response sheet.SO save your money and shop around for other brokers which am going to do now they must be better ones out there so why settle for a bad one

Reply by Trading 212 submitted Oct 12, 2020:
Thank you for sharing your experience, John!

We respect all of the points you've raised, and while we strive to keep the rates as tight as possible, they are dependent on the market conditions. In any case, however, we'd like to share a different perspective. As we are an FCA-regulated broker, every client must complete an appropriateness test before opening an account so that we ensure they are fully aware of the potential outcomes caused by market movements and leverage. Every single trade you make on the platform is free of commissions. Moreover, we have no deposit/withdrawal fees, and we place no margin restrictions, such as requiring more margin as the traded quantity increases.

While we try to keep spreads as tight as possible, yet, naturally, some instruments such as cryptocurrencies may have wider spreads/swaps, especially during weekends, since the spread values depend on the market fluctuations. For the most part, however, these fees are kept at a minimum.

The swap can be found on both our site and under the instrument's details, and it's up to the trader's strategy whether the fee will be applied. The swap itself may be added or deducted, depending on the rates of the respective instrument.

Nevertheless, we are always looking to improve every aspect of our business, while at the same time providing an exceptional and seamless experience.
NG17 4EL, United Kingdom,
Jun 11, 2020,

Trading 212 they are not serious

Trading 212 they are not serious
Trading 212 they are not serious, don't invest with them. Ex; the company sells you 1 share with £1 and worth it 60p-1 share at the trading market London. When you want to sell it back is worth for them 1 share-30p. So to each 1 share price you lost 70p. Don't go with them or any market trade because they are looking to take each pany from you. They advertise that they didn't charge you commissions. But the share what they are looking to sell is worthless. Listen to my advice, they are become reach and you become poor. State institutions do nothing to them, because they are working together. Invest in land or house, not in marketing.

Reply by Trading 212 submitted Oct 13, 2020:
Hello, Vasile,

As an execution-only broker, we forward all clients' requests to the respective exchange, where the execution depends on the current market conditions. Moreover, we have a zero-commission and fee-free structure for our Invest and ISA accounts, which results in cutting of all additional costs usually charged from other brokers.

Nevertheless, we want to attend any remaining doubts. Please contact us at feedback@trading212.com, so that we can take a closer look and clear out any concerns.
nunya,
bizness, United Kingdom,
Jun 2, 2020,

Avoid it like Covid-19

i've lost money and i've made money, thankfully i've now made enough of it to move on to a "professional " broker unlike the monkey setup that is trading 212!

first of all i have a strong technical mind and a strong background in computer science just so that you get the idea these aren't randomly formulated theory's and were built up over time comparing results from 3 different brokers simultaneously comprising of approximately 600-700 test trades and 2 additional volunteers to assist
So...
Broker stop hunting most certainly happens, whilst having a trade in progress on each of them with the exact same amounts,SL & TP settings, approximately 63% of the time on trading 212 the price rallied down to hit my stop loss and then returned to normal leaving a big wick/shadow and stopping me out, this wick/shadow did not exist on the other 2 platforms candles and a few moments later and they both hit the TP, more than strange if you ask me!

they have a delay built into their system, and i must admit its a very clever one, it's down to how it shows your "result" price, ive noticed, several hundred times now, that when the market price moves it takes a minimal of 3 seconds before the "result" price changes, and since the TP & SL settings seem to run off this price you can all work out for yourself in how many ways this could affect your trading! for example on the other 2 platforms the exit conditions had been hit and the trade was successful but trading 212 was still running
their spread size varies from moderately tight (for a free broker) to wider than the grand canyon.
their buy & sell prices, i don't even have to look at the number to guess what they are, all i have to to is identity the nearest support/resistance line to what ever position i wish to take and sure as hell i've found the trading 212 price

for this next one i had to recruit some assistance
i also believe that in some cases they are manipulating the information going to a certain amount of people, as a further test i enlisted a couple of friends who each opened a 212 account and we all sat in the same room trading and noticed that more often than not 2 out of our 3 laptops displayed the same information while the 3rd displayed differently, some examples are, the change in the market showed smaller and the sentiment was so different it might as well have been a different asset, we also had the other 2 broker platforms side by side on the 60" tv so we could compare to what we were doing, we were all trading with the same amounts and settings and you think then we would all have the same results but that was not the case, we ran this test 3 times over 3 weeks and each time there were inconsistent results, which in our minds partially confirms the chart manipulation

so this isn't a "they took all my money review" as i said they actually made me more than enough to move on but that doesn't change that they are actively cheating people and should be avoided at all costs, and possibly incarcerated

Greetings,

Feel free to send us the data you've gathered so we can check the raw (underived) quotes & see if the claim has any merit. If you wish, we can provide examples from Bloomberg of the raw data so you can check for yourself.

Unlike other brokers, who've been penalized many times due to "good practices" our CFD platform is pretty straightforward: raw quote comes in, a spread percentage markup is added & that's what you see on the app.

There's no slippage, nor stop-loss hunting. It's illegal to show one client X & another client Y, that's outright false.
The result does, however, indeed take 1-3 seconds to update but the prices you see do update in real-time, instantaneously.

We are eager to take a look at the mentioned tests at feedback@trading212.com and clear out any doubts.
Wales, United Kingdom,
Apr 29, 2020,

Not the best choice available.

I used these for a little while and although the app they offer was pretty nice, I found the leverage offered not that great and the fees are a little high.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

As a regulated European broker, we're applying all ESMA's requirements, including the leverage for the different types of instruments. Moreover, our only fees are ones affected by market conditions. We do not have any commissions, transaction fees or hidden costs.

In any case, we always strive to provide better conditions for our clients and will continue finding new ways to do so in the future.
Kinshasa, Congo, The Democratic Republic of The,
Apr 21, 2020,

Verification Declined and money refused to be rufunded

I have tried to open an account with Trading212.com but they did not accept my bank statements which reflect my residence address, my mistake was depositing of 80 USD which still stuck with them and they refuse to refund it back. they are not replying to my emails and the chat has been stopped in order not to contact them. stay away from such brokers who are happy to take your deposit even before verifying the account. I thank God that I lost 80 only because I was planning to deposit 15K. Now I opened an account with a different broker instead. this is the first reply I received from them:

Dear AHMED MOHAMMED AHMED IDRISS,

With the following email notice, we would like to inform you that your trading account cannot be verified.

Your pending deposit, if you made one, was automatically cancelled. It can take up to three business days until the funds are reflected back in your balance.

Should you decide to trade with us in the future, you are free to create a new account at any time.

Should you have any questions, please contact us by email: info@trading212.com or chat with us.

Best regards,
The Trading 212 Team

Hello Ahmed,

We appreciate you sharing your experience, and we will gladly answer all of the questions you've raised. As much as we would love to have you as our client, there are certain regions where we do not provide our services due to local restrictions and regulations. We also want to clarify that this is not an internal decision and is not something we have control over. This is the reason why we were not able to accept your documents.

Moreover, when you deposit to an account, which has not been activated yet, the transaction remains pending and does not enter our accounts. If it is not accepted within 30 days, it automatically expires, and the funds go back to your account. In this case, however, you have requested that the payment be cancelled, and we can confirm that it was refunded.

Additionally, we will gladly provide you with a Proof of Payment, which contains an Acquirer Reference Number, which can be used at the bank to track the funds. Make sure to contact us at info@trading212.com, and we will gladly send you the document to clear any doubts.
Poland, Poland,
Apr 5, 2020,

poor customer service

They refused to accept my proof of residence without any explanation. They asked for a bank account statement or utility bill that would show my address. I sent them a bank account statement, which showed my address, bank account number and everything else they requested. It was rejected. When I asked for an explanation they simply didn't respond to my email... when i opened an account on Degiro some time ago, the verification process was quick and smooth. On Trading212 - i was simply unable to verify my account and I still don't even know why.

Greetings,

As an FCA licensed broker, we follow specific procedures when it comes to the document formats that we are allowed to accept, and we need to perform these checks according to strict regulatory and compliance requirements.

While we try to make this process as smooth as possible, there will be occasions where we need to ask for additional information to meet all AML precautions we are obligated to follow. This, on the other hand, may result in the verification taking a little longer than usual.

For more information on the matter, you can take a look at the following article: https://helpcentre.trading212.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013392677.
Genoa, Italy,
Apr 3, 2020,

BE VERY CAREFUL USING TRADING 212

BE VERY CAREFUL USING TRADING 212

I wanted to try this broker, i did the registration and on 23rd march 2020. I sent money from my bank on the 24th March with a SEPA money transfer. Value on 25th March.
Today, April 3rd 2020, my money isn’t on my account.. I sent many mails requesting explanations and requesting my money back... I only got general answers and no solutions.
I hope ill get my money back!! (8000€)

If you are thinking to send them money, it is at your own risk.. having this said, just think twice before to give your money to a broker that doesn’t show seriousness.
Hello Federico,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have been trying to identify your account in our system to check if your difficulties were resolved, yet unfortunately have had no luck in doing so.

Nonetheless, in order to trace a missing deposit from our end, we will need a payment slip with the details of the transfer. In case the amount didn't reach us, it should bounce back in your bank account, and the processing bank should be able to assist you further on the matter.

Regardless, weel free to reach us at feedback@trading212.com as we'd be happy to hear your current thoughts.
United Kingdom, United Kingdom,
Mar 30, 2020,

Trading 212 Is A Scam. Stay Away Or Be A Victim

Been Trading for almost 10 years now, several brokers, some good some bad. Never believed that FCA regulated companies can manipulate and scam so easily. Should have listened to previous reviews on here and not believed the good ones.

They change your stop losses.
Crush you on rollover dates
Manipulate price movements with corrections once pushed you out.
Make instruments unavailable for hours.

They do however pay out which I've never had a problem with. However you will not be left with much to cash out. Beware they are a scam operator with chart manipulation tools at hand. They will liquidate your account in seconds. Not to be trusted 100%. They owe me thousands in compensation if they were fair and honest but they are only out to thieve. Don't say you haven't been warned. I would appreciate if FPA would investigate with them using my account info that I shared. Go through my trading history. Probably be to no avail the broker scam or not will always win and scam you.
If you feel you have been scammed, please follow the instructions here...

Greetings,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way, however, as a strictly regulated and execution-only broker, we don't interfere with any internal adjustments, and position results depend entirely on the underlying market movements.

Pending orders are guaranteed only during market hours. If such an order has been placed outside market hours, it may be executed at a different price if the market opens with a gap or is subject to excess volatility.

Furthermore, all rollovers dates are displayed in the name of the instrument, and a pop-up is shown once a position is placed on the market.

We are always disappointed to receive such feedback, however, we recognise the importance of identifying such cases and investigating them thoroughly and this way to improve the provided service.

Do you mind reaching us at feedback@trading212.com? We'll be happy to hear more about your experience and work with you to dispel any doubts.
Anonymer,
Matrix, Romania,
Mar 26, 2020,

Account/ ID verification issues

First issue: they let you first deposit funds and then ask you for documents. Keeping your money blocked until they verify your id. This takes for ever. Weeks even. With no sign of any confirmation / phone/ email. Nobody ever answers anything. So the deposit is nowhere to be seen. My account is blocked until they verify my id... i sent everything they asked for but still nothing.

Second: there is no chat service as they claim

Third: i was charged a deposit fee (i thought it was no fees, thats what they claim)

Fourth: they take days to answer emails and never answer calls

Conclusion: doggie as humping!
Greetings,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Due to the increased demand, the response time was higher at the time of your review, and we regret to hear that you had to wait longer. Nonetheless, we did our best to ensure leaving such similar inconveniences in the past.

We can assure you that your funds can't be lost and they are either allocated to your trading account once verified or refunded promptly. Also, there are no fees applied on our side whatsoever, and you read more about the topic here: https://www.trading212.com/en/Trading-Conditions.

Concerning our instant chat service, it was temporarily suspended as a load balancing measure. However, it's now up and running, and most of our clients can rely on instant assistance.

Still, we are eager to hear your up-to-date feedback either here or at feedback@trading212.com. We value your patience and understanding!