Tickmill Review

Updated: Aug 10, 2020 · Tickmill.com  · Is this your company?

Tickmill is forex broker. Tickmill offers the MT4 and MT4 WebTrader trading currency platforms. Tickmill.com offers over 60 currency pairs, gold, sliver, bonds and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

Tickmill
Other websites of this company include TickmillPrime.com.

Established: 2015
Address: 3, F28-F29 Eden Plaza, Eden Island, Mahe, Seychelles
Contact: support@tickmill.com, +852 5808 2921
Regulators: CySEC #278/15, FSA-S #SD 008, FCA #717270
CFD: (20+) Gold, Silver, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, FasaPay, Globe Pay, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, Ngan Luong, Qiwi, Skrill, SticPay, UnionPay
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, FasaPay, Globe Pay, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, Ngan Luong, Qiwi, Skrill, SticPay, UnionPay

Join live discussion of Tickmill.com on our forum

Tickmill.com profile provided by Tickmill, Nov 10, 2016

Tickmill is an award-winning global ECN broker, authorized and regulated by the FCA of the United Kingdom and the FSA of Seychelles. Tickmill offers its retail and institutional clients various trading services with a prime focus on Forex, Stock Indices, Commodities, CFDs and Precious Metals. The Company has distinguished itself among global ECN Forex brokers by providing excellent services with low spreads, some of the industry’s lowest ECN commissions and ultra-fast execution with the state-of-the-art London trading servers located at Equinix LD4 data center. Our team members have trading experience that goes back to 1989 and we have successfully traded all major financial markets from Asia to North America.

In June 2016, Tickmill recorded a monthly trading volume of $49.1 billion, followed by a record-high trading volume of $51.7 billion in July, which makes it one of the largest retail Forex brokers in the world.

Aug 8, 2020,

very positive so far

I'm only trading forex and my impression so far is very positive:
- spreads are extremely competitive. They might be wider around the rollover time, than some other brokers offer, but my night scalping strategies work just fine with rather chunky lots (3-5)
- slippage is reasonable: mostly occurs on a volatile markets and rarely large
- deposit is hassle-free
- commission. That's separate story: it's below the market average on a basic level account. It's halved on VIP. And cashback shaves off most of what's left
- VPS is bundled in the VIP package. It's less than 1ms away from the server and Beeks running the VPS know their job, best customer service I've ever dealt with
- Customer support. As anywhere else, you get the blunt uneducated reply first, suggesting you should restart your MT4 or something else. But if you dig a bit deeper and substantiate your claims, they escalate it to the relevant department and you get very sensible answer.
Overall: being in this industry for quite a while I found my experience with Tickmill very balanced, even through the recent rough patch.

Dhaka, Bangladesh,
May 29, 2020,

I got a live account with tickmill

I have opened account about 2 months ago. Have not withdrawn funds as of yet. I'm done testing and shall live trade for real.
I cannot rate them now for withdrawal, but for speed, execution, instant deposit, I give them 4 star,
I will add stars after withdrawal.

Essex, United Kingdom,
May 24, 2020,

Good broker

I have found Tickmill to be a good overall broker. The minimum deposit was $100, which I was OK with and was pleased there were no fees/charges on deposit and withdrawals. There are a good number of ways you can fund your account, which is good. I did use their live chat, who were helpful but not available 24/7.

Australia, Australia,
May 21, 2020,

Seem fairly good

I haven't used this broker too much to be fair, but I did open an account here for one of my EAs. The type of EA was a very active one which is not allowed at most brokers due to hyperactivity, but is allowed at Tickmill. The only problem was, it worked great on demo, but checked through my capital very fast on a live account due to the commissions (no fault of tickmill, just not the best EA).
I did't continue my trading with tickmill due to the low leverage offered for retail clients (1:30) and they also do not offer crypto, which I think is a bit behind the times.

istanbul, Turkey,
May 15, 2020,

Wti cheat in price action stay away

As of April 20, they started to receive it without any transportation fee.and wti they do not accept, although there is a problem with the spot oil price
reference the month of December without informing the customer
closes opening new transactions
customers do not care about their victimization
and they try to clear themselves by throwing the blame on the price provider
make money by keeping the price low
they try to clear themselves by throwing the blame on the liqity provider
reflect transparent prices
stay away not the broker you want to work with
India, India,
May 14, 2020,

Wti price scam fraudulent alert

Wti price is different from other brokers they are cheating I dnt recommended this broker here after they are not giving proper reason if we ask they always telling contract Dec 2020but Contract price is above 30$ tickmill price 9.65$fake movement fake price.tickmill will can't able to prove that ..can tickmill show the contract details and your liquidity provided details??

May 5, 2020 - 2 Stars May I know what happening in wtiusd all other brokers price is moving and price around 20$ but in tickmill around 8-9$if I asked they are saying LP providing this price like that how long they going to hold the price if any one can explain this

Reply by Tickmill submitted May 8, 2020 Dear Imran1705,

Tickmill does not interfere with the pricing of its Oil products. Tickmill simply transmits the pricing coming from the Liquidity provider to its clients.

Please refer to our latest news release on oil trading during contango:

www.tickmill.com/news/important-notification-oil-trading-during-contango
Europe, Serbia,

Absurd WTI oil price

Absurd price on WTI oil on Tickmill, they offer 9.68$ for barrel at the moment. Total nonsense since all futures contracts are over 26$ which can be checked anytime on CME. Other brokers have completely normal and true price, over 27$ for barrel at the moment.

They say they follow December 2020 futures price at the moment, but that is even more absurd since December futures price is over 30$ for barrel.

Tickmill, what are you doing with your price on WTI?

This is pure scam, their price has nothing to do with reality. If they do not manipulate price, then their LP does, and Tickmill is obligated to change this absurd price by changing its LP. However you look at this issue , price is absurd and Tickmill offers it, then Tickmill performs fraudulent activity here.

People, stay away from Tickmill. This is scam.
Sargodha, Pakistan,
May 14, 2020,

Scamming pricing of WTI for more than a month

What happen to Tickmill? Why they are manipulating WTI prices? They are showing 9.45 dollars per barrel of WTI but Real price is now 27 dollars. This is happening to them for a month. Last month when I asked why this happen and they replied they are showing May, 2020 contract price. Again When I contacted they said, They are showing Jun, 2020 contract price, and finally at the end of April they said they are showing July, 2020 prices. Again on contact with them, they said they are showing cash prices of WTI, I asked them if so then please give me Crude oil in physical quantity which you are showing because all over the google and the brokers are selling it above 25 dollars. And Now they are saying that they are showing DEC, 2020 contract price, What the hell with them? Are traders are so foolish as you are? They are not showing real price of the market and eating the accounts of clients by charging daily heavy swaps on positions. Can FPA take any actions against this unfair mean of tickmill?

Apr 20, 2020 - 2 Stars I am with tickmill almost 6 years with tickmill. They are good like all other brokers if you are losers. If you are winner then they will change the game in between your open positions. Recently I have opened trades on USOIL with them with big lots. They move down the market where they want even on 11 dollars. My positions are floating with negative balance. Account was swap free but now they changed the game within one week. They are charging heavy swaps with the name of handling charges on over night positions. Mostly brokers shows USOIL prices now on 23 dollars but their charts are showing 11 dollars. What the hell with them? Can you believe such cheats?

Reply by Tickmill submitted Apr 29, 2020 Dear willi2000

Please refer to our latest news release on oil trading during contango:

www.tickmill.com/news/important-notification-oil-trading-during-contango

Europe, Serbia,
May 11, 2020,

SCAM ALERT - fake WTI price, wrong price execution

I am going to describe 2 problems I ran into with Tickmill. My trading account # 3033967.

First and main problem is fake and imaginary WTI CFD price they offer in the moment. Their price currently is at 9.64$ for barrel, while true WTI CFD price is 26$ for barrel, it can be checked with any other broker, or simply by looking at CME futures prices for WTI, all contracts are above 25$ for barrel. Tickmill have applied close only mode on WTI, and since I have 3 long positions I am not able to close my positions with significant profit of 26 000$, and trader can not open new long positions on that absurd, fake, low price they offer because it is only close only mode applied. I would have no problems with their close only mode if they offer true WTI CFD price, instrument I was trading with. Their excuse is that they follow movement of December 2020 futures price, which is also invalid since price for December futures is over 30$ for barrel, and also price movement is completely different. They refuse to pay my winnings after weeks of annoying conversations and invalid arguments they try to provide. I am experienced trader who has account with over 10 brokers, and what they say is completely absurd and not acceptable! Difference in their price from true price is almost 300%, no LP can justify that. There is only one true WTI CFD price and it is between 26$ and 27$ for barrel at the moment I am writing this review.

Second problem I encountered with wrong price execution for trades bigger then 1 lot size. This applies for all FX pairs and Metals. Order is executed on price NOT SHOWN in MT4, but on price worse for client by 1-2 points. This happens every time, for manually opened positions and pending positions. They stole from me on over 500 trades these 1-2 point. It is not slippage, it is wrong price execution! I brought this issue also to them, and gave them chance to refund what they were stealing from me for years, but they refused with no true explanation provided, only fake arguments which has nothing to do with reality. Experienced trader like me can not be fooled or tricked like that.

I am going to continue to fight with them with these two problems and claim my funds via court if necessary if they continue to refuse to pay what they owe me.

Everyone can feel free to contact me directly here on FPA if further details about Tickmill are wanted.
Reply by Tickmill submitted May 15, 2020:
Hi Deltoid88,

We have provided all necessary clarifications and have assisted with detailed explanation in regards to your trades.

If you have any additional concerns, you can reach out to our support team.

Thank you.
Uk, United Kingdom,
May 1, 2020,

Tickmill change goalposts

After having an account on demo I opened a live and have experienced tickmill emailing with changes to my leverage and positions and also persistent phone calls with no purpose.

I've never tried the withdrawals so cant comment.

From the trades I placed the spreads seemed ok but I did see them fluctuate a lot

Is Tickmill regulated?

Tickmill has 3 regulators:

• Tickmill UK Ltd is regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
  • Tickmill Europe Ltd is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CYSEC)
  • Tickmill Ltd is regulated by the Seychelles Financial Servics Authority (FSA)

How do you use Tickmill?

To get started trading with Tickmill:

• first, you need to complete your tickmill client registration, login, and upload all the required documents
  • once that's done and your documents are approved, you can select your account type and create the account
  • then, select a payment method and make your initial deposit
  • next, either go directly to MT4 WebTrade or else download and install MetaTrader 4
  • finally start trading with the Tickmill

How do I withdraw my Tickmill bonus?

New clients of Tickmill can get a $30 live bonus, unless their country is excluded from this promotion.

• The bonus account can be traded for 90 days
  • The initial amount of $30 cannot be withdrawn
  • However, as long as the terms and conditions are followed, a minimum of $30 and a maximum of $100 of profit earned in the bonus account can be transferred to a live account after the client deposit a minimum of $100 in that live account

What type of broker is Tickmill?

Tickmill is primarily a forex trading broker with over 60 currency pairs available to trade.

Tickmill also offers CFDs on stock indexes, oil, precious metals, and bonds as additional trading instruments.

Is Tickmill a good broker?

The best way to answer if Tickmill is a good broker is to read the unbiased traders reviews on ForexPeaceArmy: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/8718/tickmill-forex-brokers

Additionally, we recommend to check recent Tickmill broker community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/tickmill/

What is the minimum deposit for Tickmill?

The minimum deposit to open a trading account with Tickmill is $100.

Tickmill also offer a VIP account which requires a minimum opening balance of $50,000.

Does Tickmill allow scalping?

Tickmill permits scalping as well as news trading and the use of EAs.

How long does it take to withdraw from Tickmill?

Tickmill processed nearly all client withdrawal requests within 24 hours.

Delivery times after processing vary from instant to up to 8 days depending on the withdrawal method.

For bank wires $5000 and above, Tickmill promises to reimburse any transaction fees up to $100.

Does Tickmill have Nasdaq?

Among trading instruments Tickmill offers CFDs for Nasdaq 100, and S&P 500 US stock indexes.