Tickmill review - Regulations, Platforms, Instruments and User Ratings.
2 star review by rektsquare, Turkey
I have been using Tickmill for 3 years. Spreads are tight, execution is fast, deposit is fast. But, when it comes to withdraw your money, they are the slowest and the most problematic broker I have ever worked with. It always takes more than 1 week to get your money back. To give an example, I have made a request on 17th morning and who knows where the money is, still waiting...
My primary broker sends my funds to my account even sometimes within the same day, but Tickmill, hell no, I promise that you wont get your money easy. Eventually you get it if you have enough patience.
What is Tickmill?
Tickmill is a forex broker since 2015 with multiple branches regulated by:
- FCA (UK)
- CySEC (Cyprus)
- FSCA (South Africa), FSA (Labuan), FSA (Seychelles), BaFin (Germany), CONSOB (Italy), ACPR (France), CNMV (Spain)
Tickmill is a Metatrader only broker with MT4 and MT5 platforms available for desktop, mobile, and as a webtrader. Additionally, CQG platform is available futures and options trading for UK only users. Tickmill has it's own app that is designed exclusively for the account management. TradingView integration has recently become available.
Traders can choose over 80 CFDs and other derivatives in Forex, Indices, Stocks, Commodities, Cryptocurrencies, Futures (UK), and Options (UK) categories. Tickmill's additional features include API, VPS service, Autochartist, multiple additional indicators and tools for MetaTrader platforms, educational content, heat map, sentiment indicator, etc.
Please read Tickmill Reviews below and share live trading experiences with this broker.
|Minimum Trade Size:||0.01|
|Minimum to Open Live:||$100|
|Address:||3, F28-F29 Eden Plaza, Eden Island, Mahe, Seychelles|
|Contact:||email@example.com, +852 5808 2921|
|Regulators:||CySEC #278/15, Labuan FSA #MB/18/0028, FSA-S #SD 008, FSCA #FSP 49464, FCA #717270|
|Web Trading:||✅ Yes|
|Mobile Trading:||✅ Yes|
|CFD:||(20+) Gold, Silver, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil|
|News Trading:||✅ Yes|
|Deposit Methods:||Bank Wire (BankTransfer/SWIFT), VISA, MasterCard, FasaPay, Globe Pay, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, Ngan Luong, Qiwi, Skrill, SticPay, UnionPay|
|Withdrawal Methods:||Bank Wire (BankTransfer/SWIFT), VISA, MasterCard, FasaPay, Globe Pay, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, Ngan Luong, Qiwi, Skrill, SticPay, UnionPay|
Recent User Reviews of Tickmill
The execution is fast and the spread is a dream - 0 pips on Eur/Usd with 0,2 pips commission /position. I can trade how I want, without any restriction. I don't feel they trade against me. Generally, I use an EA for trading.
On 29.05 they had a technical problem for about 15 min.with their server and my MT4 keep connect and disconnect every 2 seconds.
Before this problem my EA opened 9 positions and was not able to close them due to this problem. When the problem was fixed the price was 50 pips away and I took a big loss because my EA closed the positions immediately.
I contacted their support and I told them what happened. I was waiting a long bla, bla without end that was my fault, my computer, my EA etc.
In less that 5 minutes they check the logs , reverse the trades and refund my account.
It was the first time that a new broker act so quickly to solve such problem.
Till now, really no problem with Armada. Hope they will continue with the same services .
- Support is extremely fast + good
- Spread is very good in average, but also very volatile on spikes. I had original tick data to backtest and had trades with >10pip spread on EURUSD. So you absolutely need an EA able to control spread and then skip those entries.
During the asian session spread is very poor in average. Not suitable for night scalpers.
- I had the impression they are serious and not chasing my SL or playing games
- LMAX seems to have a big lack in liquidity. If you look on their website you can see st 100 - 500 on Bid/Ask, but these are MICROs! So they only have 10 - 50lot on each side. For other brokers you can add a zero.
- Tick scalpers did well in the beginning and then gone worser and worser. I executed over 700 trades in one month and i nearly not had a single trade without unfavorable slippage ranging between 0,1 and 5pip. At the moment its mostly between 0,5 and 1pip, both for exit + entry. Overall you can loose 1,5pip on the whole trade.
- I also traded on some LMAX false ticks, causing slippage of ~70pips. Trades were all refunded, however these were with 0,01lot. I asked, if these would also have been refunded with 1lot. I never got an answer.
- I know from trading buddies trading directly with LMAX, that they also all have increasing issues with slippage and nearly all stopped trading.
I paused trading with them, but will be back, if they hopefully be able to handle the liquidity issues.
Overall: The best retail broker i found since 2 years. Keep up the good work!
2012-07-16 4Star I placed my first trade with Armada June 26 12.
I have had no problems or concerns to this point.
Customer service, trade executions, spreads, all good.
Will continue to post any experiences I have with them.
we totally understand your concern, but there is nothing we can do, because we are not the market-maker, we just re-translate what we get from the exchange LMAX and other liquidity providers. Your order was filled during extremely volatile market conditions, while spread was very wide. Hi of that candle was 0.8450 (bid) but ASK, which triggered your BUY order, was 0.8464. Your stop-loss slipped as well, as during 1 minute nzd/usd went ~60 points. We attached 2 print screens from LMAX with BID and ASK prices at that specific moment.
We do not have a client with your name. Nor have we had any such correspondance you are referring to. We can provide any proof of any bank wire or other payment info that has been made by us. Just send us an e-mail.
We process Moneybookers, Liberty Reserve, Neteller, credit/debit card withdrawals within 1 hour during European working hours. Any actual client of ours can confirm this.
I kindly ask you to be honest when you post anything on this website about Armada Markets or any other broker.
Chief Financial Officer
Armada Markets AS
Phone: +372 68 631 63
European head office: Tornimae 7, 10145 Tallinn, Estonia
I have wasted to much time with them and it is time to move back to an AISC regulated broker that is professeional and not run out of a country with a unstable political party. I see another Cyprus happening here and alot of traders crying soon, time will tell.
For me the slippage I really what has broken the camels back, and then there is the fake positive reviews in this thread. Who does this broker think they are?
After my experience with them I would advise traders to look elsewhere and not belive the positive reviews they read.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Tickmill regulated?
- Tickmill UK Ltd is regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), FCA number 717270,
- Tickmill Europe Ltd is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CYSEC), licence number: 278/15,
- Tickmill Ltd is regulated by the Seychelles Financial Servics Authority (FSA), licence number: SD008,
- Tickmill Asia Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Labuan Financial Services Authority (Labuan FSA), licence number: MB/18/0028,
- Tickmill South Africa (Pty) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA), licence number: FSP 49464
How do you use Tickmill?
- first, you need to complete your tickmill client registration, login, and upload all the required documents
- once that's done and your documents are approved, you can select your account type and create the account
- then, select a payment method and make your initial deposit
- next, either go directly to MT4 WebTrade or else download and install MetaTrader 4
- finally start trading with the Tickmill
How do I withdraw my Tickmill bonus?
- The bonus account can be traded for 90 days
- The initial amount of $30 cannot be withdrawn
- However, as long as the terms and conditions are followed, a minimum of $30 and a maximum of $100 of profit earned in the bonus account can be transferred to a live account after the client deposit a minimum of $100 in that live account
What type of broker is Tickmill?
Tickmill also offers CFDs on stock indexes, oil, precious metals, and bonds as additional trading instruments.
Is Tickmill a good broker?
Additionally, we recommend to check recent Tickmill broker community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/tickmill/
Please come back often as broker services are very dynamic and can improve or deteriorate rapidly.
What is the minimum deposit for Tickmill?
Tickmill also offer a VIP account which requires a minimum opening balance of $50,000.
Does Tickmill allow scalping?
How long does it take to withdraw from Tickmill?
Delivery times after processing vary from instant to up to 8 days depending on the withdrawal method.
For bank wires $5000 and above, Tickmill promises to reimburse any transaction fees up to $100.