MQL5 Review

1.139 • 29 REVIEWS
Updated: Nov 7, 2022
MQL5.com

MQL5.com is community site and a marketplace for Metatrader 4 and 5 trading platform users and coders maintained by MetaQuotes software developers. It includes MQL5 market, MQL5 Indicators, MQL5 signals, community and more.

Please note that MetaQuotes is not a registered investment advisor, or broker it is a technology provider. Trading strategies, signals available at MQL5 marketplace belong to independent providers.

Related sites include Juvenille-Emperor.com.

Established: 2000
Contact: Unknown
1.139 • 29 REVIEWS

F
VA, USA,
May 24, 2021,

Indicators are sold and then pulled

Service use: Live Length of use: over 1 Year
I have purchased thousands of dollars of indicators from this site to try and find a system that can help me. You would think there would be some type of recourse in the name of customer service. But they do not respond. They send you to a board where others do the answering for the company.

Many of the indicators that I have purchased have been removed. I was never able to use all of my activations. For example, I paid 200 dollars for an indicator that had 8 remaining activations. When I try to download, I get a message that says;
""Unfortunately, "SUCH AND SUCH is unavailable
You can check out other products of SO AND SO:""

Often times they only give five activations and this is theft. If (as I have) you download the MT4 Demo from say, Osprey, and they only give you a 30 day free trial, the indicator activation is counted against you and you cannot retrieve it. The Vendor will lie to you and say "we are only allowed to give five activations.." But if this was true then other Vendors would not be able to follow the same rules. You have four left. Not Cool! You pay for the indicator and you should have it as long as you want.

Nevertheless, it is apparent that the website works out some sort of deal with the Vendor and cashes in on the commissions. The website provides the number of sells per month to encourage this theft. As I said, many of the vendors only give you five activations, but the more honest Vendors provide much greater than five (some up to 100) if they choose.

Many of the indicator reviews are frauds. Meaning, they sell an indicator and toss in a bonus if you leave a positive review on the site. This has hurt countless others from reading unbiased reviews.

Also, many of the indicators are simply free indicators with a bell or whistle added. It appears the MQL site does not do proper screening for the indicators efficiency. I have one that cannot be removed unless you close out the chart.

NO ACCONTABILITY for the theft that occurs on this site.
M
Marco
Rome, Italy,
Aug 24, 2020,

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER, INCAPABLE CODERS

Service use: Live Length of use: over 1 Year
The worst freelancing website ever, absurd fees, no customer service at all, you deposit some money there hoping that someone will act as intermediary between you and the (incompetent) coders, while they just don't do anything... you are on your own!! no reply to support tickets, just USELESS SERVICE, they are so ignorant that they even don't care about bad reviews! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
S
Sktrading
thailand, Thailand,
Dec 10, 2018,

mql5 support scammer

Mql5 protects the crooks, as long as it brings back money it is protected by MQL5, it's a real mafia, people copy other site's signals and resells a signal on mql5, the lie of the description, the goal is to make a maximum of registration regardless of whether the strategy is good or not.

After paying $ 135 worth of signals, I directly stopped after 3 days as I saw that the strategy was not like the description, and I asked to be refunded.

Here is the answer of MQL5!
Hello,

When subscribing you accept risk. Profits are not guaranteed.

Best regards,

south africa, South Africa,
Sep 14, 2017,

Fraudulent dispute resolution - MQL5.com

Fraudulent website - MQL5.com

Dear readers, I must bring to your attention the absolute worst experience one can have when putting trust into a website meant to be neutral as a merchant.

I have an account with MQL5.com for freelance services. However, after a service rendered by a freelance was not according to specification, I filed a dispute on paypal.

Now instead of reimbursing me the money owed, they deducted the current account balance, netting 0 USD transaction and fraudulently resolving the paypal dispute.

basically they took money from one account of mine, and used my balance as a means to resolve my dispute with them. This is total fraud.

Tranaction Number with MQL5.com is 2017.09.14 4551236

please be careful, this site is not to be trusted.
E
Philippines,
Jan 9, 2017,

Support in this site is terrible. After paying for the subscription, I did not get any help or any support no matter how many emails i sent them. Its not working.

Worst of all, it is written here that they are not giving refunds. This business pratice qualifies as a scam. I am beginning to lose hope that this will be fixed because I am not getting any support from MQL5. They just responded to the paypal messages when I asked for refund but no response in their website.
R
texas, USA,
Dec 2, 2017,

wow. talk about removing freedom of speech in order to contact sellers in the mql5 market website. "Only users who purchased or rented the product can leave comments"
South Texas, USA,
Nov 1, 2019,

Takes No Interest In The Welfare Of Purchasers

Service use: Live Length of use: over 1 Year
I just had to share my experience with MQL5 author/seller. I tried the EA and it worked well with decent profits on my MT4 Strategy Tester. The EA didn't have a rental option but wasn't priced too high either (between $300 and $400) so I purchased with high expectations and looking forward to some nice profits. Well after installing the Ea and waiting for it to show me what it was going to do, it became evident that it was not the same as the one in the Strategy Tester. The purchased one made exactly the same sell recommendation on a currency pair everyday at 11 pm. The one in the Strategy Tester would make good buy, sell, abstain recommendations that were profitable long-term. The purchased one was as useful as a compass that always points in the same direction... worthless. Some other EAs aren't much better. MQL5 is a plethora of EAs with no thought put into them to protect the user... many with no stop-loss, no spread filters, trade against the trend, martingale strategies, grid strategies, descriptions that make no sense due to poor language to English translations, authors abandoning software after a few weeks/days, and support turnaround in days or weeks. EAs often don't have adequate instructions on how to use such as best currency pairs for EA, time frames, whether inputs are in points or pips, minimum balance required to safely use EA, etcetera. And some require that you set GMT to broker time zone difference yourself, if you don't it doesn't function properly... I guess the authors weren't smart enough to program that into the EA themselves. This what you pay for and poor support. It wouldn't exist if people weren't supporting it financially. You'd almost think they were part of the MQL5 and brokers team and profiting from losing traders. Less expensive EAs seem like they're written by authors that barely graduated from a community college with minimal skills in programming in MetaQuotes Programming Language 4 (MQL4) with just classes in basic MQL4 and writing martingale and grid programs with moving averages for direction. More expensive ones seem better but are just marginally profitable and often blow your account sooner or later going into deep draw down, or they take weeks or months to produce a small profit. And little or no recourse to get a refund even if it appears to be a scam/fraud... I think they're a large part of the reason PayPal no longer wants anything to do with Forex transactions and I don't blame them. A person can spend thousand of dollars on EAs and not have one good one to show for all the expenses. The indicators aren't much better. Free ones are available that are nearly the same just not as nicely packaged. If you have a problem with MQL5 it won't be easy to find a page to get customer service. I think it mainly exists just to set up a deposit system to get your money and little else... excluding PayPal of course, which probably won't be part of the payment/deposit system much longer. I have some sympathy for some of the reviewers and empathy for others since I've experienced what some have experienced. The best thing that could happen is competition by a competent company that would put all of them out of business and in the streets jobless but I doubt that will happen.
Adelaide, Australia,
Oct 9, 2020,

BIGGEST SCAMMER ON PLANET

BIGGEST SCAMMER ON PLANET

STAY AWAY > I HAVE BEEN TRADING SINCE 2006 AND FOUND NOT A SINGLE PRODUCT OUT THERE TO SUPPORT YOU.
M
Midwest, USA,
Oct 24, 2019,

Absolutely the worst—I mean the worst—customer service

Service use: Other Length of use: 3-6 Months
Absolutely the worst—I mean the worst—customer service I've ever experienced to date. I assumed since they were connected with the MT platform (or so I think) the organization could be trusted without researching reviews. In short, I was wrong! Here is what happened:
- I hired a developer who did a terrible job. He would not follow our directions, implementing what he wanted, instead of what we requested. He was 2 months late. And, the quality of work was poor. The EA wasn't professionally created.
- I initiated a dispute resolution to cancel the project, and I requested a full refund.
- MQL5 split the amount escrowed, giving the developer 50% for nothing useable to us.
- After reviewing the developer's dispute rating and his comments regarding the resolution process, I begin thinking this is how he makes his money—creating something just to say he is working, then a dispute resolution is initiated, giving him a split. Now, I'm wondering if the developer is affiliated with MQL5.
- So, now the project is cancelled and I wanted to retrieve the remaining funds.
- it took months to receive the remaining balance due to their quirky and archaic requirements, and gross neglect. For example, I was refused a refund because I didn't have any earned money. Therefore, withdrawal options were not available. I don't even know what that is. It seems as though you have to be a seller AND get paid even though you are just buying.
- They said I could delete the account and request a refund. However, I was concerned if I deleted the account, what would happen to the funds
- After expressing my concern, they mentioned I could request a withdrawal...duh, that's what I've been doing.
- After months, they finally enabled the withdrawal option for me to withdraw the remaining funds.
- Upon asking them why it take so long for them to respond, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, they deleted my account with no response.

YOU ARE AN UTTER FOOL IF YOU USE THIS COMPANY AFTER ALL OF THESE NEGATIVE REVIEWS!!!! Fiverr is way more professional and responsive than MQL5 could ever dream of being.
Sussex, United Kingdom,
Sep 10, 2019,

Terrible customer service

Service use: Live Length of use: over 1 Year
I have been using MT4 over three years with some minor problems. Recently I have been blocked from their website without any warning of any kind. I am trying to find out why they have done this but they have failed to explain why.

I'm now looking at TC2000 and Ctrader, both appear to be far superior, so will dump MT4 for one or both platforms.

You could say that they have done me a favour now
Page 1 of 3