Are you addicted to trading?

Quite a dangerous strategy, can't sleep until 4hour candlestick closes? I won't stop sleeping just waiting fo a chart formation, I only trade when it finds me awake!

Depends on which 4 hour candlestick. If you normally go to bed at about 10 pm and the 4 hour closes at 10 (or earlier),. no problem. On the other hand, if you then decide you need to wait until the next one closes at 2 am, that could be a bit of an issue. :)

Depends on which 4 hour candlestick. If you normally go to bed at about 10 pm and the 4 hour closes at 10 (or earlier),. no problem. On the other hand, if you then decide you need to wait until the next one closes at 2 am, that could be a bit of an issue. :)
Thanks alot for sharing, I guess I've not looked at it this way. I am grateful:):)

I have a personal rule not to trade past 10pm. I can, but lack of proper sleep during the night means that I will be al sleepy and bleary the next day, which will affect my trading. It's better to get a good night's sleep, in my opinion.

As forex has the feature that you are your own boss in this business, therefore I am not addicted I can stop any time whenever I want because I am my own boss in forex trading, I tried to earn the minimum profit and then closed my trade.

As forex has the feature that you are your own boss in this business, therefore I am not addicted I can stop any time whenever I want because I am my own boss in forex trading, I tried to earn the minimum profit and then closed my trade.

Yes, I'm my own boss. I can quit anytime I like. Even at 3 in the morning, the decision to turn on my computer for a "quick look" at my charts has absolutely nothing to do with any compulsion. I could just not turn on the computer at 3 am. I might be able to hold off until 3:15 or eve 3:30.

Addiction is very common is start of every trader's career. But as a trader progresses in his career, this addiction become less with time.

Only those are addicted who are full time traders and have no other job. As concern to me, I am not addicted as I have already a job and getting reasonable salary, I am part time trader and I can stop trading anytime I want.

I have a personal rule not to trade past 10pm. I can, but lack of proper sleep during the night means that I will be al sleepy and bleary the next day, which will affect my trading. It's better to get a good night's sleep, in my opinion.
I think if we have certain rules which we can trade more discipline and having proper plan, I am also trying to manage account with plan trading, which on daily trading only will open one or two order only

Sometimes I feel really addicted to trading, lately I can't go a day without going on the terminal and making some deals...

Back