Are you addicted to trading?

and I can stop trading anytime I want.

Yes, that's right. Me too. I can stop trading any time I li . . . . EGAD! Looks like the DMAs are about to cross over! Let's get ready to open a trade NOW!

In all seriousness, I can stop trading whenever I want to. The point is, I don't see a reason to, nor do I actually want to. It's an activity that I greatly enjoy and which is beneficial to me.

In all seriousness, I can stop trading whenever I want to. The point is, I don't see a reason to, nor do I actually want to. It's an activity that I greatly enjoy and which is beneficial to me.

That's exactly what I tell my wives and concubines about my alcohol hobby. :D

I love trading but I am not addicted to it. I am a part time trader and I have other sources of income. I am not entirely depended on the Forex trading.

I know at the beginning many traders show too much addiction, passion towards trading. They do this because they start believing that they have found a money making machine. LOL.

I was addicted to trading but its long gone times now. I only trade when I see a setup and my emotions won't bother me a lot when I have an open trade these days.

How did you overcome your addiction to trading? Did it happen naturally over time or did you consciously work on yourself?
As for the emotional response to trading, I admit that after a while I slowly started feeling quite numb about it, because I got used to the stress.

I will not waste my account in just addiction of trading. I think everyone should be realistic if they are not making profits they should have a break not do trading until they not prove good performance in demo accounts.

I agree. That's the difference between being addicted to trading and trading in a cool, calm, rational manner. If there's a problem the logical thing to do is to take a step back and to look for it, maybe even return to demo account and train there some more if necessary, rather than stubbornly sticking to the live account.

I agree with dianajs . Going back to demo is a great way to get your head back in shape. I was trading too much on a live account and then went back to demo and decided that only the best of the best trades I would take on a live account. This really helped me.

How does one decide that they are trading too much though? They start making mistakes which impact their profits? They feel too stressed out to continue? They decide they need more training on a demo account? Or it's a combination of these factors? How did you determine that for yourself?

Back