FxPro Scammed me

Armen Yeremyan

Private
In January 2015 I got a call from FxPro representative. The lady on the phone told me that they are the official representative of the FxPro company in Armenia and have an investment offer with high return rates. They arranged for an appointment, and I went to their office few days later.
They asked me about the kind of investment I was interested in and I told them that I’m interested in investment options that will not impose any risk on me. They told me that they do provide such options and can offer me a 5% monthly income on accumulated funds if I invest at least 30,000 USD and don't do any trading on my own. So I only had the right to watch. I was told that they have a certified machine which makes the trading and there will be no human doing a trading on my account. They also assured me that all of my funds will be additionally insured in case of possible losses.

We agreed and signed a contract with those terms in the beginning of February 2015. They requested and I provided them with my passport details and complete contact information. Thereafter they opened an account for me at the fxpro.com website, provided me with the login information so that I could watch my account. Then I trasferred the funds from my card to my account, which shortly appeared on my account and soon I noticed that the trade started.

During the first month I saw an addition of around $7,900 USD on my account. As due to our contract only 5% of the income was mine, at the end of the financial month, FxPro Yerevan office representative asked me to withdraw the rest $6,400 and provide to them. And I did so.
Right after that I noticed that they have few open positions leading to huge negative balance. When I asked them about the reason they told me that there are technical issues with the site as a result of software updates, therefore the information in my FxPro cabinet is wrong. And they assured me that not only all of my funds are there, but also there is a substantial income on my account balance. During all of this time they provided me documents stating the increase in my account balance, so I was sure everything is fine.

I got this explanation during several months, after which I requested to transfer my funds back to my original account so that I can verify their availability. They sent me documents with FxPro seal and signature stating that they have made the transfer, but the funds didn’t reach me. (transfer document is attached)
Later I contacted the head office, and got a response that I have no funds on my account and that they have not transferred any funds to me nor they have provided any such documents.
Now FxPro refuses to refund any of my funds! FxPro claims that it’s not their business that I signed the contract with local representation, because that representation only had rights to disseminate information and not sign contracts. Afterwards I cot a call from FxPro Moscow representation office explaining me that in September 2015 they have canceled their representation contract with FxPro Yerevan office.

The head of Yerevan office claims that he doesn't understand English, nor is computer literate. And his explanation is that the staff member responsible for customers has not informed them about the loss of funds and they don't want to take the responsibility for this loss.

P.S.
As far as confidence concerned: Their office was in a business center building, they had several offices and FxPro signs on all of their doors and windows. There were trainings going on for traders in one of the rooms. They had vehicles with FxPro standing outside the office. So I really had no doubt that there could be something wrong with them.

Attachments

• (810886809) Confirmation_letter_about_Withdrawal_for_Armen_Yeremyan.pdf
    277.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
Send this link to every email address you can find for FxPro. Invite them to come here and explain what the problem is.

I thought FxPro would reply with at least some sort of explanation on this issue. But it's obvious that FxPro doesn't want to comment even after I've emailed to 8 of their emails about this thread!
Any recommendations on further actions from my side?

I thought FxPro would reply with at least some sort of explanation on this issue. But it's obvious that FxPro doesn't want to comment even after I've emailed to 8 of their emails about this thread!
Any recommendations on further actions from my side?

Go to live chat and share this thread link with them.

I contacted support via live chat and I was told that the issue is escalated to the relevant department and they will contact me. But unfortunately they don't provide me any timing. It's been over 2 weeks since I informed them about this thread, and I'd assume that they had enough time to provide a feedback. Now I wonder how long should I wait for their response and should I do anything at the moment or starting certain moment.

Two quick questions:

1. Do they claim to be regulated (and if so, by which regulator)? (Yeah, I could stop and look it up, but I'm trying to respond to a pile of threads)

2. How did you deposit?

FxPro Financial Services Ltd is regulated and authorised by the CySEC (license no. 078/07)
FxPro UK Ltd is regulated and authorised by the FSA (registration no. 509956)

I deposited by Credit Card.

FxPro Financial Services Ltd is regulated and authorised by the CySEC (license no. 078/07)
FxPro UK Ltd is regulated and authorised by the FSA (registration no. 509956)

I deposited by Credit Card.

Talk to Credit Card customer care ASAP. And share you story with them. If your deposit is under 15 days then CC will help you get your money back. Best of luck.

Dear Armen,

We would like to clarify that FxPro has official offices in four locations; Cyprus, Monaco, Russia and the United Kingdom details of which are available on our official website at http://www.fxpro.co.uk/contacts. Furthermore, under no uncertain terms does FxPro offer guaranteed returns, have a minimum deposit requirement of USD30,000 or offer ‘certified machines’ for trading.

You have entered into a legally binding agreement with FxPro, which amongst others, clarifies in the event a client shares or entrusts their account to a third party without the knowledge of the Firm to trade, the Firm cannot be held responsible for such a decision and any losses incurred subsequent to this. However, as you have mentioned, you entered into a second contractual agreement with the third party in Armenia to provide them access to your FxPro account without the knowledge of FxPro.

What is more, the third party does not retain, nor was ever provided with the right, to sign on behalf of FxPro. This is clearly depicted in the legally binding agreement between you and FxPro. This information is also freely available online on our website http://www.fxpro.co.uk/

As previously mentioned to you, in the event you feel you have been defrauded then we would once again kindly request you provide all documentation and related information to the appropriate legal authorities and inform them of this matter.

Kind regards,
FxPro Team

Back